Ashley James #17 Less heavily pregnant, more heavily entitled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
trashley needs to write down the things she lies about. she can’t remember them, her story changes from time to time.

trashley, since you read here do yourself a favor and buy a journal to keep track of the lies.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Thread suggestion : Lies about stitches, child birth, dates, zika, vigils & stories from ‘mates’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
There was no mention of begging for hours and being refused. And it was recorded when Alf was 4 weeks old so would have thought it'd be pretty fresh in her mind still.....
not being funny but I had a traumatic birth and still struggle to talk about it 18 months later. If it was as bad as she is saying it was I can't imagine talking about it 4 weeks PP.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
not being funny but I had a traumatic birth and still struggle to talk about it 18 months later. If it was as bad as she is saying it was I can't imagine talking about it 4 weeks PP.
Sending love from one birth trauma mama to another. Four years and a tit load of therapy in here and I still can’t talk about it. x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sending love from one birth trauma mama to another. Four years and a tit load of therapy in here and I still can’t talk about it. x
Thinking of you too @InTheDollsHouse and @okdo2022
I've finally just started therapy which amongst many issues includes reliving birth trauma from 29 years ago...I get 6 sessions via occupational health at work and when I went over a brief overview of my trauma, the counsellor said it would take a lot more than that to unravel all the ptsd I've kept bottled up 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thinking of you too @InTheDollsHouse and @okdo2022
I've finally just started therapy which amongst many issues includes reliving birth trauma from 29 years ago...I get 6 sessions via occupational health at work and when I went over a brief overview of my trauma, the counsellor said it would take a lot more than that to unravel all the ptsd I've kept bottled up 😔
Oh my lovely, sending you love as you wade into this experience. It’s so hard, but I hope so worth it for you xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thinking of you all from a fellow birth trauma mama. I'm about to start therapy soon ❤

You are all so witty I'm so bad with words for the title 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thread suggestion - double dosing Alf on sedatives while being totally irrelative

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I was traumatised after the birth and couldn’t speak about it without crying until about 6 months, unlike Trash who had the “dream” experience with the ever changing narrative. I thought I was ok but clearly wasn’t, had counselling recently because I was struggling to cope with my little headstrong non sleeper and wanted to get some better coping techniques and she asked a completely innocent question about the birth and the floodgates OPENED 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I was traumatised after the birth and couldn’t speak about it without crying until about 6 months, unlike Trash who had the “dream” experience with the ever changing narrative. I thought I was ok but clearly wasn’t, had counselling recently because I was struggling to cope with my little headstrong non sleeper and wanted to get some better coping techniques and she asked a completely innocent question about the birth and the floodgates OPENED 🙈
So sorry to hear this. I’ve kept relatively quiet regarding birth stories, I was booked for an elective c section due to some awful emergencies my friends had been through, the questioning by consultants and trying to talk me out of it was relentless and really quite intimidating. My waters broke 3 weeks early and I was still being pressured minutes before being prepped for the section.

All went well in the end, but the recovery from the section was atrocious. Not being able to lay flat, having to be propped up all day and night, not being able to lift my baby… if it wasn’t for my husband being an absolute hero I would have lost the plot, I still can’t think about that first week at home without tearing up. The blood thinning jabs, the sheer amount of pain, the effort it took to shower or go to the loo.

To then see someone like Ashley James talk about it like it’s a catalogue selection birth and the easy way, it’s quite triggering (at the risk of sounding as dramatic as her 😂)

Ironically I spent that first month wishing I had just gone through natural labour as the recovery would have been so much quicker!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m reluctant to say that Ash hasn’t got feelings of trauma because what one person can handle, another can’t, there’s no text book for ‘trauma’ however… the fact that she was ‘excited’ to get her birth notes and wanted to sit down with a nice cuppa to read them, maybe even do it over a podcast says to me that while she had a traumatic/tricky birth is not what we generally consider ‘birth trauma’. A bit like people throw around the term OCD or even ‘depressed’.
She expected a pain free birth, it didn’t go that way, she felt horrific and was unprepared for that so it was a traumatic experience but ultimately it was a fairly straightforward, intervention free birth that side swiped her. Her naivety is to blame, not incorrect procedures, poor care, a baby in distress, fear of death, fear in general, massive physical injury or intervention etc that would cause the PTSD associated with birth trauma.

(Her latest claim - she thought she was going to die. She’s been reading up to ensure she says the right things to validate it me thinks)

I’m inclined to believe she had a hard time after the birth with the consequences of her tearing and has built that into the birth looking for someone to blame.

BTW Ash, no one says this, no one. If anything people think you’re still an idiot child at 25 and don’t give you the opportunities afforded to the more experienced.
7707A93E-4806-4474-A89A-7E24A8420872.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.