Ashley Dale Murder Trial #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How do the lawyers work? So Richard Pratt is defending James Witham in this trial but prosecuting in another case, and Stan Reiz is defending in both cases? Does this mean these are lawyers provided to them and not ones they have chosen themselves? Also do the trials not overlap with eachother? I’m assuming that’s why court finished early today so they could attend sentencing of the other?
They instruct solicitors and it’s the solicitors who will book them a barrister for trial
That’s how it is done in civil so could imagine the same for criminal law

Reactions: 1
Thank you everyone for your words yesterday ❤ It’s so disappointing when you know these scumbags should never be able to walk the streets again and then they’re giving a ridiculous sentence that in my eyes isn’t seen as justice, his family are talking about appealing it so 🤞🏼

Seeing how easy it is to give such a lesser sentence has me worried about all them slipping through the cracks because Witham’s taking the hit, Niall was probably buzzing when he heard his defence got someone who stabbed her boyfriend she groomed to death on a ring doorbell camera such a low sentence 🙄

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Thank you everyone for your words yesterday ❤ It’s so disappointing when you know these scumbags should never be able to walk the streets again and then they’re giving a ridiculous sentence that in my eyes isn’t seen as justice, his family are talking about appealing it so 🤞🏼

Seeing how easy it is to give such a lesser sentence has me worried about all them slipping through the cracks because Witham’s taking the hit, Niall was probably buzzing when he heard his defence got someone who stabbed her boyfriend she groomed to death on a ring doorbell camera such a low sentence 🙄
I’d say it’s completely different sentences when it involves guns and drugs. They want these twats off the street so they’ll give them long sentences.

Reactions: 6
I’d say it’s completely different sentences when it involves guns and drugs. They want these twats off the street so they’ll give them long sentences.
Exactly, they seem to be hitting people like that harder now. Cashman and chapman both got lengthy sentences and they won't be out.

Reactions: 9
Exactly, they seem to be hitting people like that harder now. Cashman and chapman both got lengthy sentences and they won't be out.
Plus Witham says he’ll never see his son now or words to that effect, so he’s obviously expecting a lengthy sentence like Cashman. And well deserved.

Reactions: 10
Imagine the horror and worry of being a jury member on a case like this. Realising the utter no-marks they associate with.

Imagine the horror and worry of being a jury member on a case like this. Realising the utter no-marks they associate with.
That's why Cashmans was in Manchester wasn't it, I assume. To get a fair trial/incase of jury intimidation. I'd wanna be sat there in a sombrero and a false mustache if I was on a big case. You don't know what bastard member of the family could be memorising your face. Liverpool thinks it's the centre of the world but it's actually only a small city and everyone seems to know everyone via someone.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
That's why Cashmans was in Manchester wasn't it, I assume. To get a fair trial/incase of jury intimidation. I'd wanna be sat there in a sombrero and a false mustache if I was on a big case. You don't know what bastard member of the family could be memorising your face. Liverpool thinks it's the centre of the world but it's actually only a small city and everyone seems to know everyone via someone.
That’s why I'm surprised that this trial wasn’t held elsewhere. I’d be wearing a face mask and driving circuitous routes home every day.

Reactions: 10
That’s why I'm surprised that this trial wasn’t held elsewhere. I’d be wearing a face mask and driving circuitous routes home every day.
Same! Don't they house the jury in hotels anymore? I used to work in a large hotel and we had juries staying at times, they all had to be put along the same corridor and eat together in a separate function room.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Same! Don't they house the jury in hotels anymore? I used to work in a large hotel and we had juries staying at times, they all had to be put along the same corridor and eat together in a separate function room.
oh I’ve no idea. Never been called for it, thank Christ. I’d still be crapping myself staying in a hotel. In case Big Dave and Little Dave arrived for a sauna and swim.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
oh I’ve no idea. Never been called for it, thank Christ. I’d still be crapping myself staying in a hotel. In case Big Dave and Little Dave arrived for a sauna and swim.
After they’d been on a magical mystery tour of course 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
so true! People I know from Liverpool always know people from the opposite end of the city and they’re always involved in this kinda thing or they know the girlfriend’s or ex’s. Some of these girls are proper insta famous too and have threads about them on here 😂 it’s like they’re Liverpool celebs but for all the wrong reasons and people outside the city have no idea who they are

Reactions: 8
My thoughts so far:

witham: fucked
Peers: fucked
Barry: fucked
Zest: fucked
Ian: fucked
radford: not sure - actually kinda feel sorry for him as I genuinely believe he didn’t know the extent of what the car was involved in.

Don’t agree with Ian coming across as all sweet an innocent. The red flag was raised as soon as he mentioned he had a call with his dad who was also in nick. The whole ‘yes sir, no sir, three bags full’ sir won’t wash with jury.
Also think he if he was to get off he would be safer inside. His family are not as feared as you think. Drove past some lovely art work in dovecot earlier ‘Ian f is a grass and his sister takes it up the ass’

his days are numbered regardless
---
Also one thing I can’t get my head around. A few of the lads said Witham came back and owned up to what he had done as soon as he did it.. yet when he was on the dock there was no mention of that and he said he kept it all inside for weeks.
Felt like that could’ve been discussed more. Saying that the updates on the echo must of not be a snippet of what actually gets said.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
My thoughts so far:

witham: fucked
Peers: fucked
Barry: fucked
Zest: fucked
Ian: fucked
radford: not sure - actually kinda feel sorry for him as I genuinely believe he didn’t know the extent of what the car was involved in.

Don’t agree with Ian coming across as all sweet an innocent. The red flag was raised as soon as he mentioned he had a call with his dad who was also in nick. The whole ‘yes sir, no sir, three bags full’ sir won’t wash with jury.
Also think he if he was to get off he would be safer inside. His family are not as feared as you think. Drove past some lovely art work in dovecot earlier ‘Ian f is a grass and his sister takes it up the ass’

his days are numbered regardless
---
Also one thing I can’t get my head around. A few of the lads said Witham came back and owned up to what he had done as soon as he did it.. yet when he was on the dock there was no mention of that and he said he kept it all inside for weeks.
Felt like that could’ve been discussed more. Saying that the updates on the echo must of not be a snippet of what actually gets said.
Oh yeah Witham did didn’t he, another bit I’ve missed. I also agree with the “yes sir, no sir” patronising little twerp, like when scruffs say “yes miss” when they’ve been inside, just makes me know they’re a wrongen

Reactions: 6
My personal view if I was on the jury is that I haven't heard enough to convict IF even though I think he's guilty. The rest I'd send down, even the car stashing halfwit. If IF getting called a grass he'll have a more miserable life out than in anyway.

The gang culture is 1 of many reasons I'm planning on getting out this city next year. Its a small city full of small minds, it's scruffy, dirty, there's no scene for anything and I can't stand the insular identikit inward looking mentality. Ppl who think its amazing generally haven't been anywhere else. I love it's history and it's humour but I don't love what it's become. No one needs to pull out a pulpit on me about managed decline or the thatcher years please. I'm well into my 40s and never lived anywhere else so far; I know why it's got it's problems. Am just not interested in living with the fall out of it anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
My personal view if I was on the jury is that I haven't heard enough to convict IF even though I think he's guilty. The rest I'd send down, even the car stashing halfwit. If IF getting called a grass he'll have a more miserable life out than in anyway.

The gang culture is 1 of many reasons I'm planning on getting out this city next year. Its a small city full of small minds, it's scruffy, dirty, there's no scene for anything and I can't stand the insular identikit inward looking mentality. Ppl who think its amazing generally haven't been anywhere else. I love it's history and it's humour but I don't love what it's become. No one needs to pull out a pulpit on me about managed decline or the thatcher years please. I'm well into my 40s and never lived anywhere else so far; I know why it's got it's problems. Am just not interested in living with the fall out of it anymore.
If Ian gets NG he won’t stick round here, he’ll be living it up in Dubai probably with Lee too

• Angry
Reactions: 11

I absolutely agree with you on all of this. The city is the pits whats happened to the salt of the earth people. Im scared to say hello to anyone now incase they pull a gun or knife on you.

• Sad

With IF I would consider that he knew Witham had murdered Ashley but instead of growing some balls and being a grass he ran off to Dubai instead. Also, he did keep ringing them with the excuse he wanted to know if they were coming back to watch the boxing which is a poor excuse.

As for Liverpool. I find that every City is the same but I’m also from a small town that many would consider picturesque and want to live there for a quiet life but it was actually rife with drug dealers! They’re bloody everywhere!

Reactions: 7
With IF I would consider that he knew Witham had murdered Ashley but instead of growing some balls and being a grass he ran off to Dubai instead. Also, he did keep ringing them with the excuse he wanted to know if they were coming back to watch the boxing which is a poor excuse.

As for Liverpool. I find that every City is the same but I’m also from a small town that many would consider picturesque and want to live there for a quiet life but it was actually rife with drug dealers! They’re bloody everywhere!
I know drugs and gangs are everywhere but the we're dead sound, scouse not English crew is a uniquely Liverpool thing and makes me cringe my sphincter inside out. Er no, we're the same as the working class everywhere. Scouse exceptionalism is a cheesy myth designed to make us accept any old shite like the culture of thuggery and our corrupt council. Also the myth of how the city is so anti-racist and so multi cultural. Where? Tiny pockets of the south end. These halo polishers need to come and tell Jameel in my local shop how anti-racist the city is when his wife can't work of an evening cos of the abuse and intimidation.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.