Ashley Cain #7 Money, money, money, must be funny, in a conman's world

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off topic. But did anyone follow the Alfie debacle and how long was it until it all died down and everyone forgot all about it?
I’ve only ever followed Azaylia and a few after that. Where was the little boy from. Think I’ve heard of him

I was thinking about this fiasco this morning and came up with this. If Cash 'n' Lash had given all of that money to charity when A died all 1.6m of it can you imagine how revered they would have been? They would have been all over the TV and social media for all the RIGHT reasons. On the back of that positive exposure, I think they (or he) would have been inundated with job offers, TV appearances s loads of stuff. They should have been advised to sit back and think about it for a while like lottery winners are advised to do. Instead, they took the quick greedy way out and will probably never amount to anything except to be known as a pair of greedy beggars.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I was thinking about this fiasco this morning and came up with this. If Cash 'n' Lash had given all of that money to charity when A died all 1.6m of it can you imagine how revered they would have been? They would have been all over the TV and social media for all the RIGHT reasons. On the back of that positive exposure, I think they (or he) would have been inundated with job offers, TV appearances s loads of stuff. They should have been advised to sit back and think about it for a while like lottery winners are advised to do. Instead, they took the quick greedy way out and will probably never amount to anything except to be known as a pair of greedy beggars.
They would have got a couple of days of press and then it would have blown over. This way they keep the interest simmering.

Reactions: 3
Their very first post on Instagram said that there was nothing more that could be done and they were looking at raising 150k.
I just looked, it’s a difficult one. Because this is pretty much what Ash & Saf did. And setting this arbitrary goal of 150K when he hasn’t been actually approved of any treatment is kind of interesting to me. Especially when their initial target was only 35K. Also, reading the comments it seems they were trying to get the attention of Ash & Saf for weeks and weeks too. The whole thing is just full of issues.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
The should have closed it ages ago, they will be able to withdraw money from it still, definitely. I think we should all report the page at this stage.
Reported!

Cash &lash! 😂🙌😂🙌😂
Nailed it! 👏

Greedy greedy people 🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Judging from Safs old posts, she’s been desperate for this insta lifefor years. I bet she was BUZZING when Ash shown an interest in her as I bet she saw it as climbing the ladder. I have so much empathy for Saf that she lost her daughter & I do believe they set up the foundation with pure intentions as no one wants to see anyoneelse suffer the way they have, however I think she got addicted to the likes, comments, shares, etc. she literally went from 8,000 followers to over a million overnight when they said Azaylia was poorly. She is insta famous because Azaylia got sick & there was the media frenzy that came with that. However, like I said before, she has been desperate for this insta life. The blue tick, mingling with other Z listers, ads, gifted items, making money by posting on instagram. Being invited to certain award shows, film premiers, etc.

I have no doubt shes grieving Azaylia but I feel like its a bittersweet thing. Like she finally has that insta life she has desperately wanted for years, but the only way she got it was because her daughter died. Brutal.

Reactions: 11
I had a relative who (quite understandably) didn't want to/couldn't accept that she was dying of cancer, leaving her two very young children behind. Against her husband's wishes she was encouraged by her sister to seek treatment abroad. She spent the last 5 weeks of her life in agonising pain undergoing the most horrendous alternative treatments separated from her children.
Eventually she accepted the inevitable and returned to UK in a semi conscious state 2 days before she died aged 34yrs.
I feel really sad for her and her children that those 5weeks could have been spent at home making memories...at the same time I understand the absolute desperation and need for hope.
In most cases the NHS have already tried everything and if there is some treatment a Dr is aware of privately or in another country that has potential, he/she will tell the patient/parent.

I know this is not always tthe case.
I think, again understandably, patients and families become researchers themselves but without the medical knowledge needed to evaluate the proposed treatment. Of course Drs here are obliged to cooperate by providing scans, blood tests etc but that doesn't mean they think it's the right or potentially successful course of action. I suspect this was the case with Azaylia..hence the change in plan after the money was raised in desperation.

In hospital, if death is potentially imminent, we don't even transfer patients to another ward in case the disruption causes them to die on a hospital corridor yet somehow we feel that it's OK to take very seriously ill people of a flight to another country as long as they are supported by a medical team.

All of this has got me thinking that GFM is not always the right way to go.

Please don't think I am in any way judging, if it was my child (God Forbid), I would probably want to try absolutely anything for even the tiniest chance of prolonging life.

Anyway, my point was..there was about 30k in the gfm when my relative passed.
The fund was immediately closed to donations (same day treatment stopped), there was a note put on to say that refunds of donations were available on request and that remaining funds would be given to cancer charities.
Sometime afterwards an update was put on declaring how much was given to each named charity.
That is the right way to do it...If it goes towards funeral expenses, memory making, a different cause than the original request, then declare it openly, no vague statements.
Ash and Saf owe this to donator, not drip feeding vague statements that make it all sound so shady even if it's not.
I also believe they should take all mention of grief, fundraising, challenges, foundations off their personal IG pages...keep them on the Azaylia page. I am sure that like me, many people find it pretty sickening to watch the gifting and advertising alongside what increasingly I believe to be token expressions of anxiety, grief etc.
I don't mean to sound harsh, of course I can see that they are heartbroken but wish they would stop using their little daughter's death as their usp too gain followers and advertising revenue.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
god that was another awful one wasn’t it, I followed it but can’t remember specifically when it all started dying down but I do remember shortly after his funeral I didn’t see anything until she had her new baby?
(I think I’ve got the right one)
This will have been where they have got their inspiration from, very premeditated, it was just all about the time ,,, they put the feelers out about telling us about funeral, nobody questioned it, why would anybody? Then they pushed their luck, coz they got away with that (I don’t begrudge the funeral btw)
Then they started moving the goalposts and got too greedy! It’s all fallen back on them. They basically have insulted every bodies intelligence for that of their disciplines Calicut!

However, they are still raking in donations on the Gofundme page, under false pretences. The heading is "Help Us Save Azaylia's Life"
I bet their eyes lit up a couple of weeks ago, when another £6,600 dropped into their account!

Whose page are we reporting Cash or Lees parents??
Cash and lash! 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
It's OK them saying the Charities Commission scrutinise accounts etc, that's right but the CC have no say over GFM money so really the scrutiny and accountability only applies to whatever money is transferred from gfm into the Foundation.
That is worth thinking about

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have decided that I'm not going to donate to anymore GFM's. I'd rather donate to a charity known for doing the right thing. It comes to something when you can't even trust the parents of sick and dying children.

Reactions: 26
I don’t feel they had good intentions with setting up the Foundation. And I’m probably alone with that opinion. Because, didn’t someone say on here that Ashley was trying to set up the Foundation before she had even passed? Why the rush? What loophole was he trying to take advantage of? And why is it despite so much talk from them about the good they will do, why are we not seeing much actual goodness from both of them?

What we are seeing instead is “grief marketing” and jazzed up fitness tasks. The concern for other poorly children is superficial at best.

Reactions: 10
I have decided that I'm not going to donate to anymore GFM's. I'd rather donate to a charity known for doing the right thing. It comes to something when you can't even trust the parents of sick and dying children.
Unfortunately their underhanded behaviour, has caused many to feel exactly the same way as you (myself included)

Reactions: 9
I won’t be donating anymore either. It’s a shame really.

Reactions: 7
It's OK them saying the Charities Commission scrutinise accounts etc, that's right but the CC have no say over GFM money so really the scrutiny and accountability only applies to whatever money is transferred from gfm into the Foundation.
That is worth thinking about
I’m going to say it louder for the people at the back… 📣

I had a relative who (quite understandably) didn't want to/couldn't accept that she was dying of cancer, leaving her two very young children behind. Against her husband's wishes she was encouraged by her sister to seek treatment abroad. She spent the last 5 weeks of her life in agonising pain undergoing the most horrendous alternative treatments separated from her children.
Eventually she accepted the inevitable and returned to UK in a semi conscious state 2 days before she died aged 34yrs.
I feel really sad for her and her children that those 5weeks could have been spent at home making memories...at the same time I understand the absolute desperation and need for hope.
In most cases the NHS have already tried everything and if there is some treatment a Dr is aware of privately or in another country that has potential, he/she will tell the patient/parent.

I know this is not always tthe case.
I think, again understandably, patients and families become researchers themselves but without the medical knowledge needed to evaluate the proposed treatment. Of course Drs here are obliged to cooperate by providing scans, blood tests etc but that doesn't mean they think it's the right or potentially successful course of action. I suspect this was the case with Azaylia..hence the change in plan after the money was raised in desperation.

In hospital, if death is potentially imminent, we don't even transfer patients to another ward in case the disruption causes them to die on a hospital corridor yet somehow we feel that it's OK to take very seriously ill people of a flight to another country as long as they are supported by a medical team.

All of this has got me thinking that GFM is not always the right way to go.

Please don't think I am in any way judging, if it was my child (God Forbid), I would probably want to try absolutely anything for even the tiniest chance of prolonging life.

Anyway, my point was..there was about 30k in the gfm when my relative passed.
The fund was immediately closed to donations (same day treatment stopped), there was a note put on to say that refunds of donations were available on request and that remaining funds would be given to cancer charities.
Sometime afterwards an update was put on declaring how much was given to each named charity.
That is the right way to do it...If it goes towards funeral expenses, memory making, a different cause than the original request, then declare it openly, no vague statements.
Ash and Saf owe this to donator, not drip feeding vague statements that make it all sound so shady even if it's not.
I also believe they should take all mention of grief, fundraising, challenges, foundations off their personal IG pages...keep them on the Azaylia page. I am sure that like me, many people find it pretty sickening to watch the gifting and advertising alongside what increasingly I believe to be token expressions of anxiety, grief etc.
I don't mean to sound harsh, of course I can see that they are heartbroken but wish they would stop using their little daughter's death as their usp too gain followers and advertising revenue.
This. You have articulated exactly why GFM doesn’t sit right with me. Some may call me naive but I always assume that doctors will have explored every possible avenue and must know that there are no more realistic options and I just think that (whilst I can FULLY understand the desperation and want to feel like you’ve done everything you can) it feels like more often than not the treatment being fundraised for just isn’t going to help and it feels so unfair on everyone involved.
I’m so sorry about your relative 💐

Reactions: 4
I don’t feel they had good intentions with setting up the Foundation. And I’m probably alone with that opinion. Because, didn’t someone say on here that Ashley was trying to set up the Foundation before she had even passed? Why the rush? What loophole was he trying to take advantage of? And why is it despite so much talk from them about the good they will do, why are we not seeing much actual goodness from both of them?

What we are seeing instead is “grief marketing” and jazzed up fitness tasks. The concern for other poorly children is superficial at best.
The foundation was set up as a way to keep earning off whatever money they set the foundation up with AND whatever is donated TO the charity after.
Remember Ashley has made himself the CEO of the foundation and with that comes a large salary. £££

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.