Ash Mama Reid #5 rub a dub-dub, Mama Reid in the tub!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone listened to the podcast yet?? I don’t think I can bring myself to listen to the utter drivel that will come from these three! I mean, birth stories?? I have my own horrid birth “stories” to look back on without listening to anyone else’s! The three of them are as dull as dishwater and the SIL! Urghhh her fake Glasgow uni accent gets on my tits. She’s as common as they come!

Reactions: 6
Has anyone listened to the podcast yet?? I don’t think I can bring myself to listen to the utter drivel that will come from these three! I mean, birth stories?? I have my own horrid birth “stories” to look back on without listening to anyone else’s! The three of them are as dull as dishwater and the SIL! Urghhh her fake Glasgow uni accent gets on my tits. She’s as common as they come!
I actually did listen last night while doing my ironing. There’s a couple of things I didn’t know about Ash’s sister in law but other than that 😴😴😴

Reactions: 1
That podcast 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Also, I found it to be quite offensive to people with fertility issues etc that the sister in law says she sometimes takes pregnancy tests for “the fun of it”. I felt they all really belittled becoming pregnant as it seems to have been no issue for any of them. In my opinion a podcast like that (that discusses “all things motherhood”) should be reflective of/acknowledge the fact that it is sometimes more difficult to become pregnant.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
That podcast 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Also, I found it to be quite offensive to people with fertility issues etc that the sister in law says she sometimes takes pregnancy tests for “the fun of it”. I felt they all really belittled becoming pregnant as it seems to have been no issue for any of them. In my opinion a podcast like that (that discusses “all things motherhood”) should be reflective of/acknowledge the fact that it is sometimes more difficult to become pregnant.
I thought the exact same. It’s very ‘triggering’ even though I don’t like the word and seems quite insensitive. You can only assume they have no experience of it themselves or friends etc

Reactions: 9
Absolutely. Very triggering. We’ve been trying for almost 2 years. With not even the hint of a maybe. Eilidh mentions how it took a whole six months bless her 🥴 were as ash and her SIL both found out by surprise.

Reactions: 7
Absolutely. Very triggering. We’ve been trying for almost 2 years. With not even the hint of a maybe. Eilidh mentions how it took a whole six months bless her 🥴 were as ash and her SIL both found out by surprise.
Sorry you’re going through that. Wishing you all the luck for the future ❤

That’s the thing about those 3 and countless others to be fair, I can’t just single them out. They paint themselves as mummy bloggers. Here to share their journey through motherhood. Just like the rest of us that’s what the say. Down to earth, relatable. However it’s not like that because they exist in their own bubble and always will. They just want to talk about their surprise pregnancies, their morning sickness, breastfeeding troubles, 2 under 2 etc. Particularly with Ash the biggest “public figure” of them I feel she’s got no bleeping clue about any lifestyle that’s not similar to hers. If you’re going to do it do it right. Talk about those who are struggling to conceive. ASK those people if they want to contribute their stories, their happiness and their hurt. Talk about loss. Talk about worry. Talk about adoptive parents, foster parents, two mums, two dads, single mums, single dads. Talk about juggling work and parenthood. Talk about the cost of childcare. Talk about the impact on your career. Anything. Anything out with your privileged detached home, Zara kids wear, designer dog shite. Yeah that’s relatable to some. In parts maybe somewhat similar to bits of my life, in parts so far away from it it’s unbelievable. You can’t please everyone and you can’t reach everyone. You can’t raise every issue under the sun but get your blinkers off and look around you. Ask yourself if the average parent wants to see you driving in your fancy motor to buy loads of tat for the kids on a random Tuesday when the rest of us are at work, counting the pennies, worrying if their doing life right.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m sorry to hear that you are going through this 😔 Yeah when Eilidh said it was six whole months and she “finally” got pregnant, that really got me 😠

The amount of filters on her stories are so ridiculous, like I can’t even see what colour things are, everything looks the same shade 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
Glad I didn’t listen to it otherwise I might have drove up and decked her ! Nothing worked for me so I,ve been left childless, barren whatever you want to call it and although I,ve had a long time to adjust to the fact and live a life without children it boils my piss when people are so bleeping blasé . Hope she gets the clap !

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I agree with everything thats been said about that damn podcast. Worst 3 people that could do it. Only care about them and not think of other surrounding them. Doing pregnancy tests for fun? How bleeping wonderful. Wonder if she would still do it for fun if she had a still born , miscarriage and now knows that the chances of carrying a baby are practically zero. I would give anything to do a pregnancy test in the hope that it might be positive, just maybe. Every negative test is a kick down, a reminder that i cant again. But yeh Lauren, keep doing it for fun.
the lot of them are bleeping arseholes

ETA sorry for rant but that really hit a nerve with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I agree with everything thats been said about that damn podcast. Worst 3 people that could do it. Only care about them and not think of other surrounding them. Doing pregnancy tests for fun? How bleeping wonderful. Wonder if she would still do it for fun if she had a still born , miscarriage and now knows that the chances of carrying a baby are practically zero. I would give anything to do a pregnancy test in the hope that it might be positive, just maybe. Every negative test is a kick down, a reminder that i cant again. But yeh Lauren, keep doing it for fun.
the lot of them are bleeping arseholes

ETA sorry for rant but that really hit a nerve with me.
I almost feel like Lauren isn’t as “experienced” as the other two. The way she just says things without thinking, even her tone of voice. It’s hard to explain but I just feel like it’s two people at their “work” and have invited their pal along

Reactions: 2
I’m not even finished listening to the 2nd episode yet but I actually can’t keep listening. Three stupid wee lassies who think they’re something special, and also who treat their partners like they are children by the sounds of it. (Ash talking about Fra looking after the kids “oh he’s getting better at it and I suppose he can’t always take them for a happy meal if it all goes wrong” Like he’s an actual wean.) I thought I could continue to “hate listen” to it to report back to you all but I think I’m done 🤪🤪🤪

Reactions: 7
I noticed yesterday when she was talking about how Maggie likes to bolt - STOP putting your dogs name on harnesses and tags

God forbid she bolted and someone with bad intentions saw her name and managed to call her over 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I’m not even finished listening to the 2nd episode yet but I actually can’t keep listening. Three stupid wee lassies who think they’re something special, and also who treat their partners like they are children by the sounds of it. (Ash talking about Fra looking after the kids “oh he’s getting better at it and I suppose he can’t always take them for a happy meal if it all goes wrong” Like he’s an actual wean.) I thought I could continue to “hate listen” to it to report back to you all but I think I’m done 🤪🤪🤪
I’m exactly the same. I can’t listen through an hour of drivel just to come on here and chat about it. I’ve checked out ✌🏽🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Their podcast....tried to listen last night, best cure for insomnia ever 🛌 💤👍🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 4
What is it exactly she is doing with that garage ?just caught a glimpse of it on her stories once again a mish mash nothing flows looks a wee mini hallway onto it and reminds me of the huge screening machines you step into at the airport 🤣🤣her sense of style is so bad if she really wanted to do something in that kitchen she could have done loads like redesign it ect and even put in full length patio doors but no she adds on what looks like a den 😭I see she still has that rank wood on the front of her window seat that goes with nothing it gives me the fear the whole mess she is making 😭

Reactions: 4
They have done all that work and the bloody garage door is still there 🤣

I don’t understand why they have done this, it doesn’t add anything to the house at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
They have done all that work and the bloody garage door is still there 🤣

I don’t understand why they have done this, it doesn’t add anything to the house at all.
She decided to do this as soon as Eilidh mentioned an extension 😂 As soon as Ash thought someone would be doing something that she wasn’t she was on it like tit off a stick tearing down walls 😂 The woman is a nut job, talk about keeping up with the Jones’. And the worst part is the house is a mish mash of Chinese takeaway/crushed velvet and grey hell!! That house would give a migraine a migraine. If they keep the garage door it may be because they needed planning permission they didn’t get.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.