Are you happy?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am about to go on anti depressents, what is one that isn't really assocaited with weight gain? my doctor just dismissed my concerns in this area when really it is a huge problem for me
I’m on Amitriptylene now and I’ve not noticed any weight gain, increased appetite since I’ve been on it, and it has helped my mood. It can make people tired but *touch wood* I’ve been fine.

The one I point blank refused to go on because of weight gain in others is Mertazepine. I’ve hear of people feeling ravenous on it but a lot of people react differently.

Im sorry to hear your Doctor has been dismissive. There’s no way you’re alone with that concern. Lithium was sold to me as the right tablet for me and I stupidly took his word for it. Maybe see if you can have a chat with another Doctor at the practice?

Reactions: 3
I am about to go on anti depressents, what is one that isn't really assocaited with weight gain? my doctor just dismissed my concerns in this area when really it is a huge problem for me
I’ve tried fluoxetine and venlafaxine in the past. The former caused sexual dysfunction and the latter excessive yawning. I’ve never heard of weight gain on them, but as they interfere with serotonin, which also controls appetite, they technically all could. I honestly don’t think you’ll find a sudden appetite surge and/or weight gain on a low dose though. What has the doctor suggested?

I’m on Amitriptylene now and I’ve not noticed any weight gain, increased appetite since I’ve been on it, and it has helped my mood. It can make people tired but *touch wood* I’ve been fine.

The one I point blank refused to go on because of weight gain in others is Mertazepine. I’ve hear of people feeling ravenous on it but a lot of people react differently.

Im sorry to hear your Doctor has been dismissive. There’s no way you’re alone with that concern. Lithium was sold to me as the right tablet for me and I stupidly took his word for it. Maybe see if you can have a chat with another Doctor at the practice?
Personally I have found this one really helpful and worked right away, with no side effects, though I am on the lowest dose. I find it calms me down and really helps me sleep, which in turn helps my low mood and anxiety levels. Everyone is different though, I think we just have to find the one that best suits us. I hope you find something that works for you @emm and can find another more supportive Doctor.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes and no.

My contract ended so now I am unemployed, have been searching and interviewing and so sick of the process. When I wake up in the morning, I am so dread of what I have to do, ie. the same process, the thought of me getting a job and ultimately the big fat rejection.

Was asked recently what is the book that I read that changed my life in an interview. I was thinking to myself, because of job hunt, I seems to can't let my brain settle down. Job Hunting is always at the back of my mind.

I do feel grateful that I have a loving husband and two dogs that love me dearly (well, I hope!)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes and no.

My contract ended so now I am unemployed, have been searching and interviewing and so sick of the process. When I wake up in the morning, I am so dread of what I have to do, ie. the same process, the thought of me getting a job and ultimately the big fat rejection.

Was asked recently what is the book that I read that changed my life in an interview. I was thinking to myself, because of job hunt, I seems to can't let my brain settle down. Job Hunting is always at the back of my mind.

I do feel grateful that I have a loving husband and two dogs that love me dearly (well, I hope!)
Urgh I feel you. My contract ends in September and I’m dreading the inevitable droll of interviews again. They ask the same things over and over again and quite frankly I cannot be arsed to come up with inventive responses. Am I qualified - yes, do I have loads of experience - yes, can I do the sodding job - with my eyes closed. What more do you want, a kidney! 😤😤😤

Reactions: 7
Urgh I feel you. My contract ends in September and I’m dreading the inevitable droll of interviews again. They ask the same things over and over again and quite frankly I cannot be arsed to come up with inventive responses. Am I qualified - yes, do I have loads of experience - yes, can I do the sodding job - with my eyes closed. What more do you want, a kidney! 😤😤😤
I know, I went blank in my interview yesterday when he asked how do you deal with ambiguity. I can tell you the answer now but during the interview when you are so nervous, it is so hard to formulate an answer :( it makes me feel like an idiot

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
when you are so nervous, it is so hard to formulate an answer :( it makes me feel like an idiot
We all have that issue in interviews! I either go blank or start to ramble on endlessly- both are disastrous. I walk out thinking 'Why did I just do that'? I think a good interviewer discounts those things because they understand we are nervous.
I hate the process more than anything else and find it's even harder now that people want to interview over zoom. I need to make real eye contact, feel the vibe of the office, see how people interact with each other and me whilst I'm there, all to help me determine whether I'd be a good fit. Over zoom, it's just this lifeless void with a curated picture at the end of it. I don't think it's a good way for either interviewer or interviewee to determine if it's a good match or not.

• Heart
I know, I went blank in my interview yesterday when he asked how do you deal with ambiguity. I can tell you the answer now but during the interview when you are so nervous, it is so hard to formulate an answer :( it makes me feel like an idiot
How does anyone deal with ambiguity is what I want to know! What sort of weird and ambiguous question is that! 😏

• Haha
How does anyone deal with ambiguity is what I want to know! What sort of weird and ambiguous question is that! 😏
So a simple google after my interview revealed that the right answer is to say something along the line that you are comfortable with change blah blah blah.

And I was like, wtf, I should have said that that, it is so obvious. :( I think sometimes the more you want the job, the more you duck up haha

Seriously, those are the sorts of questions that trip me up. I’d be guaranteed to mishear that and ask which department does this Ann work in?

• Haha
I’ve been thinking about this question a lot. And I think yes I’m happy, but I have my days. Recently I’ve been dealing with a lot of anxiety and I feel so silly. I have a good life, I’m finally doing the course I want, a lovely and supportive family and partner, never had money worries and had everything I wanted…but then why do I still get so sad? I experienced some childhood trauma that has given me abandonment issues and often I get so scared that one day, everything will be gone. I’ll lose it all and some day, something really bad is going to happen, that I won’t be able to handle.

I’m genuinely afraid of bad things happening and that I won’t be able to deal with them, and it’ll push me over the edge. But I feel ridiculous because I should be happy and enjoy this time, right? I feel happy, up until I remember that any minute now, something bad could happen that will destroy my life…

sorry if I come across as a bit crazy!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm not unhappy, but I'm not happy, y'know? I just 'exist'. There are good moments and very terrible moments and honestly, the bad moments do make up the majority, but I can still acknowledge and appreciate all the good I have. It just gets very clouded by the bad. But I do think for the most part, this is the human condition. It's not really a case of what I 'don't have', more things I do that I would like less of i.e. stress and severe anxiety. I'm not really on the wavelength of I would be happy once I had A,B or C, more just, if I could have a bit less of those things, the cloud would lift some and I could enjoy more of the things I already have.

Does this make sense? lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I want to be happy. I've met someone and had a few dates and he is making me happy.... but then my internal anxiety rears its ugly bloody head and sends me into a panic of "oh he's gonna get bored of you quickly" type thoughts and this is why I didn't date. I genuinely can't bare to lose anyone else in my life (obviously he doesn't know any of this lol). We saw each other alot in the first few days, and now having a week off due to childcare commitments but still casually texting. I then overthink the messages and drive myself crazy. I hate that I do this. I was very settled being single and on my own so felt was the right time. He's not said or done a thing to make me feel that he's gonna dump me but just seems to be what happens everytime. I so hate being me 😪

Mostly yes, which I think is all any of us can ask for.

I lost my Dad last year to cancer and that was really hard, not just because of his death, but because it came on top of all the strain caused by his illness (taking him to chemo sessions, awaiting the result of those sessions, seeing his health deteriorate, etc). However, I do feel I've turned a corner now.

Work sometimes causes me stress, but on the whole, it's going OK at the moment.

I've never wanted to take anti depressants. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but I don't want to become reliant on them. Several family members are on them and they keep saying they want to come off them, but never make any effort to do so. Which shows they do still need them. Obviously I'd take them if I really had to, but I've managed to keep my sadness/anxiety at bay through exercise and family/friends mostly. I suppose I'm lucky.

I think we should talk more about this kind of stuff, though. There's such a stigma to it, but I find when I talk to others about it, we all benefit from the conversation and any initial shame quickly vanishes.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I lost my Dad last year to cancer and that was really hard, not just because of his death, but because it came on top of all the strain caused by his illness (taking him to chemo sessions, awaiting the result of those sessions, seeing his health deteriorate, etc). However, I do feel I've turned a corner now.

I've never wanted to take anti depressants. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but I don't want to become reliant on them. Several family members are on them and they keep saying they want to come off them, but never make any effort to do so. Which shows they do still need them. Obviously I'd take them if I really had to, but I've managed to keep my sadness/anxiety at bay through exercise and family/friends mostly. I suppose I'm lucky.

I think we should talk more about this kind of stuff, though. There's such a stigma to it, but I find when I talk to others about it, we all benefit from the conversation and any initial shame quickly vanishes.
Sorry for your loss. ❤

• Heart
Yes, not 100% but then who is? there are a few things I'm working towards that could make me happier but I always think if you have your health, a bit of money and a roof over your head then what is there to complain about? My mum lives by the quote 'Count your Blessings'.(y)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yes, not 100% but then who is? there are a few things I'm working towards that could make me happier but I always think if you have your health, a bit of money and a roof over your head then what is there to complain about? My mum lives by the quote 'Count your Blessings'.(y)
💯 agree with this. Food on the table, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and money to pay your bills. A lot more than millions have and everything else is a bonus. The only thing I’d say is it is hard to be grateful when your mental or physical isn’t great though.

So sorry for your loss. I’ve been in that position, emotional and practical support and it’s so tiring. I hated myself because when my dad died I felt a small sense of relief - for him predominantly but also for me.

It sounds like you’re dealing with everything well, I bet your dad would be so proud of you ♥

💯 agree with this. Food on the table, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and money to pay your bills. A lot more than millions have and everything else is a bonus. The only thing I’d say is it is hard to be grateful when your mental or physical isn’t great though.
Oh I agree with that Mental & physical health can be a real daily struggle.

Reactions: 1