Are you happy?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can relate to this. If life is ever going really well I always have in the back of my mind that something tit is going to happen soon. It usually does. I try not to be a Debbie downer but the last few years have been quite tit and out of my control so I guess that’s why I feel like that.
i find this too, when I have been really happy in relationships for example, I panic about other things, ie. something happening to him/me dying in a plane crash etc... so even when i am technically happy, I am still highly anxious

Reactions: 9
No.

I have happy times, sure, and there are people in my life worth living for that I love, who keep me busy and make my days full (my children, my husband, our pets) but deep down I don’t think I’ve ever been truly happy. I didn’t ask to be born and if given a say in the matter I would hand on my heart say “no thanks.”

I have always felt different to other people around me, like I never quite fit in. I am not an ambitious person and have never really known what to do with my life, I’m just winging it whereas most people around my age have had the drive to better themselves and done well career wise. They all seem to have their tit together compared to me. I have mental health issues stemming from childhood and they have held me back in life. I feel disconnected from everyone outwith my little bubble and struggle to make friends due to crippling social anxiety and my introvert nature. I’ve always found life hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I can relate to this. If life is ever going really well I always have in the back of my mind that something tit is going to happen soon. It usually does. I try not to be a Debbie downer but the last few years have been quite tit and out of my control so I guess that’s why I feel like that.
No.

I have happy times, sure, and there are people in my life worth living for that I love, who keep me busy and make my days full (my children, my husband, our pets) but deep down I don’t think I’ve ever been truly happy. I didn’t ask to be born and if given a say in the matter I would hand on my heart say “no thanks.”

I have always felt different to other people around me, like I never quite fit in. I am not an ambitious person and have never really known what to do with my life, I’m just winging it whereas most people around my age have had the drive to better themselves and done well career wise. They all seem to have their tit together compared to me. I have mental health issues stemming from childhood and they have held me back in life. I feel disconnected from everyone outwith my little bubble and struggle to make friends due to crippling social anxiety and my introvert nature. I’ve always found life hard.
Oh my God, 💯! I think to myself that I wish I hadn’t been born most days. I also think my family would have been happier too. I was an accident after all!

I can also tell you with absolute certainty that very few people have their life ‘together’ totally or feel like they fully fit in. Our childhood traumas are totally to blame here. No amount of time, therapy, or medication can resolve those deep seated beliefs we have that are as ingrained in our being as our need to breath air!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hugs to everyone that is going through a tough time.

I’m not very happy either, my marriage isn’t great, my house has so many things wrong with it I don’t even know where to start. 😩 My kids are disabled I’m constantly having to fight for what they need. I can’t bare to think about what will happen to them when we’re gone.

But then I feel bad, im fortunate to have my health and a roof over my head. Things could be so much worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My kids are disabled I’m constantly having to fight for what they need. I can’t bare to think about what will happen to them when we’re gone.
This is a big fear of mine too. Both my little boys have autism and the thought of the future and growing older fills me with dread. You’re not alone ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This is a big fear of mine too. Both my little boys have autism and the thought of the future and growing older fills me with dread. You’re not alone ♥
it’s so worrying isn’t it. I love my boys so much but I feel so sad thinking about what could have been if things were different.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
On a day to day basis I’m not unhappy but when I stop and think about it, I am. I can’t believe this is it. I have a lot to be grateful for but I’ve had a lot of sadness in my life so I’m waiting for the next thing to go wrong.

I am on anti-depressants and the one before this was Lithium. I specifically told the Psychiatrist that I have weight issues but he still put me on those and led me to believe we were running out of options. He retires and I am listened to and put on a tablet that helps so much but doesn’t have associated weight gain. But the previous Psychiatrist has fed into the ever-present feeling that I’m not worth help and I don’t deserve happiness.

I find life pretty hard sometimes but I always get a laugh on Tattle! ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 11
But the previous Psychiatrist has fed into the ever-present feeling that I’m not worth help and I don’t deserve happiness.
Please know that this could not be further from the truth. You don't know me, but please trust me when I say that you are worthy, you deserve goodness in your life, and you certainly deserve happiness. I'm sorry your psychiatrist led you down such a terrible path. My last one did the same to me and left me feeling worse than I was before I went to her. She made me feel beyond broken. It takes a long time to fight off that feeling, but please do fight it. You are worthy. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Please know that this could not be further from the truth. You don't know me, but please trust me when I say that you are worthy, you deserve goodness in your life, and you certainly deserve happiness. I'm sorry your psychiatrist led you down such a terrible path. My last one did the same to me and left me feeling worse than I was before I went to her. She made me feel beyond broken. It takes a long time to fight off that feeling, but please do fight it. You are worthy. ❤
I second that - he sounds like a typical old school dinosaur that needed to retire! Don’t give up hope. ❤

Reactions: 4
Thank you so much, your post means so much to me. If strangers on Tattle can be kind to me then maybe I should be too! Thank you ♥

• Heart
Yeah I am overall very happy or id prefer say, I’m settled and content. Obviously I have my down days when things get a bit tough, but generally I’m content and I’m happy most days.

i had a difficult start in life and my life is still difficult in terms of family relationships. My dad isn’t in my life and that kills me and my mum struggles with her mental health and that makes life tough, but I’m the happiest I’ve ever been.

I’m in a job I’ve always wanted to be in, with good work colleagues, I’m getting married next year and I’m looking forward to hopefully selling our house and getting something with a bit more space in the near future.

I have a lot to live for and the thought of dying scares me a lot because I have all these plans and hopes that I want to see fulfilled first.

There is always a niggle in the back of my mind that things could go to tit at some point which does worry me now and then. There’s no signs, but I’ve always been a worrier and I do think life can go to tit at any point, so I don’t take for granted what I’ve got now.

• Heart
On a day to day basis I’m not unhappy but when I stop and think about it, I am. I can’t believe this is it. I have a lot to be grateful for but I’ve had a lot of sadness in my life so I’m waiting for the next thing to go wrong.

I am on anti-depressants and the one before this was Lithium. I specifically told the Psychiatrist that I have weight issues but he still put me on those and led me to believe we were running out of options. He retires and I am listened to and put on a tablet that helps so much but doesn’t have associated weight gain. But the previous Psychiatrist has fed into the ever-present feeling that I’m not worth help and I don’t deserve happiness.

Your Psychiatrist sounds like a twit to me. You are DEFINITELY worth help and you DO deserve happiness DONT EVER let anyone make you think otherwise!:mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I went from a highly stressful graduate level job, down to a more simple admin job.

I have never been happier and more chilled in my entire life.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I went from a highly stressful graduate level job, down to a more simple admin job.

I have never been happier and more chilled in my entire life.
if you dont mind me asking, how did you cope with the pay cut? It’s my dream to do what you did

if you dont mind me asking, how did you cope with the pay cut? It’s my dream to do what you did
I earn £300 less a month now than I did before. Don’t get me wrong, money is fairly tight for us, we have to budget, but it’s SO worth it to save my happiness and mental health.

My new job has lots of scope for self-development and I will be able to increase my hours and earn more as the years go by. In my previous job (teaching) this wasn’t possible.

I’m happy in that despite having lots of reasons to not be happy, I still am. I have a positive outlook on life and try to be kind and treat people how I’d like to be treated, and when I’m faced with someone who doesn’t deserve my kindness I mentally block them and don’t let their negativity affect me.
There are a lot of situations out of our control that we’d like to change to be happy, but ultimately it’s accepting that what will be will be and realising life is short & we can’t get the time back wasted being unhappy.
When I was younger I thought if I was wealthy I would be happy, now I’m older I truly realise there’s more to life than material things. Take pleasure in the simple things. I believe that life is prize, but to live doesn’t mean you’re alive…

• Heart
Honestly no.

I am grateful for many things in my life - a roof over my head, a good job etc but I'm realising that I'm so incredibly lonely which really came to a head during lockdown. I want to be in a relationship but guess I'm not actively looking either as scared to be hurt? The people who seem to show interest....are either married or "in an on/off relationship" with someone else so I get pushed aside. I just want someone to like me for me and actually want to spend time with me. I have limited friends aswell who are all in relationships and all who've never had an issue holding down long term relationships. I'm in my 30s and NEVER had a LT relationship so yeah.

No I wouldn't say I'm happy at present, I know I'm lucky in lots of ways but my life hasn't turned out quite as I had hoped. The last 10 years has been taken over by infertility and just feels like a big waste of time. I'm not quite sure what my childless future looks like or if I will ever be able to be truly happy now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4

I am about to go on anti depressents, what is one that isn't really assocaited with weight gain? my doctor just dismissed my concerns in this area when really it is a huge problem for me

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5