Aoibhe Devlin #2 Aoibhe and the verrrrrdy mysterious Instagram posts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally OTT for a 2 year olds party esp in current climate.
The amount that cake would have cost to have made for a 2 year old is just totally bonkers.
And yes we are back to Aoibhe making the covid restrictions suit herself. Sure its outside, sure the neighbours dont have Corona, sure a few friends doesnt matter, but sure the tables were spaced apart, but sure and so it goes on. All of us have been asked for weeks to think about our contacts and keep them as low as possible. Obviously doesnt apply when you want to have a big boastful, showy party for a 2 year old that you need to plaster all over social media for gratification.
Not tagging Simon Harris, Leo Varadkar and Dr Doireann now though?

Reactions: 13
If she didn’t come back to insta what would she have done with all the footage of the birthday party?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
and planning another party this weekend is she living under a rock
Was the party this weekend supposed to be in her house? She'll have to cancel it now that she can only have people from one other house!

Reactions: 2
Usually I don't comment on these threads (mostly just lurk!) but I couldn't let this go. My blood was absolutely boiling when I saw that post yesterday. All that waste and expenditure on a birthday party for a TWO year old! She won't even remember it! Small children are happy to tear the paper off a few presents and have a bowl of jellies and a candle in a cupcake. Absolutely pathetic carry on. It makes me so so angry to see the carry on of Aoibhe and Sean. So many of their colleagues (and people in all industries) are in a state of utter despair because with the massive salary cutbacks, they have hardly any earnings. So many crew members can't pay their mortgages or their bills. It must be dreadful to see two of their so-called colleagues essentially flashing the cash on this ridiculous party. I have a close family member who works for AL who has had to rent out her home and move in with parents as with the salary cuts she can't afford to live in her own home. I have never been witness to more shallow, self-absorbed, materialistic people. It's absolutely disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Had to laugh at her story last night saying she personally designed some of the pieces in her new collection!!🤣🤣🤣 by design did she mean pointing her finger on a picture saying "I want dat wan"....🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 26
For someone who was so traumatised before the birth of her child by what people said about her I was shocked she splattered all the pics and videos all over insta again?? I dont agree with some of the comments about her but she is doing herself jo favours. People are obviously going to jump on you putting all that effort and expense into a childs birthday party especially when like another poster said so many of their colleagues are hanging on every word waiting to hear about their future 🙄 surely they are in the same boat but have shown blatant disregard for anyone similar to them. It will be interesting to see what she does with the other party seeing as new restrictions are being announced but knowing her she will still have Jenny and whoever else over because sure covid couldnt get in the way of Lilys massive second birthday bash 🙈

Reactions: 8
Usually I don't comment on these threads (mostly just lurk!) but I couldn't let this go. My blood was absolutely boiling when I saw that post yesterday. All that waste and expenditure on a birthday party for a TWO year old! She won't even remember it! Small children are happy to tear the paper off a few presents and have a bowl of jellies and a candle in a cupcake. Absolutely pathetic carry on. It makes me so so angry to see the carry on of Aoibhe and Sean. So many of their colleagues (and people in all industries) are in a state of utter despair because with the massive salary cutbacks, they have hardly any earnings. So many crew members can't pay their mortgages or their bills. It must be dreadful to see two of their so-called colleagues essentially flashing the cash on this ridiculous party. I have a close family member who works for AL who has had to rent out her home and move in with parents as with the salary cuts she can't afford to live in her own home. I have never been witness to more shallow, self-absorbed, materialistic people. It's absolutely disgusting.
How is that Aoibhe’s fault that some people can’t afford to live in their own homes or struggling to pay their bills?

Reactions: 11
How is that Aoibhe’s fault that some people can’t afford to live in their own homes or struggling to pay their bills?
It's not her fault but a bit of consideration for her colleagues who might be struggling would be nice.

Reactions: 11
It's not her fault but a bit of consideration for her colleagues who might be struggling would be nice.
Seriously, I know plently of normal everyday working people, including myself, who have thrown small children parties once restrictions have eased. Should we not have because people are struggling? I think its a petty point to make. Her money, her business.

Reactions: 7
Seriously, I know plently of normal everyday working people, including myself, who have thrown small children parties once restrictions have eased. Should we not have because people are struggling? I think its a petty point to make. Her money, her business.

Did you hire a party planner and have loads of people over? And it's probably not her money because it was probably loads of freebies. She could have had the party and not posted about it. Like you said it's her own business so no need to show everyone else weeks after it happened and write a feckin blog about it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Its not her fault at all. But it has been well publicised that some of the newer AL cabin crew are barely making ends meet as the company are messing around on signing off on the new Gov subsidy scheme and are getting zero notice of their roster so they cant properly plan childcare or afford to pay it FT when they arent being given the opportunity to work their normal hours. As Aoibhe is on maternity she may be somewhat buffered from all of that and have slightly better protection in terms of her income.
It's crass, showy and unnecessary to be blasting pics and videos like that of a 2 year olds birthday on social media. It wasnt a wedding or even a christening or other such event that needed that level of effort or planning. Lily certainly wont remember it.
However the people who are struggling now deffo wont forget it.
It is also be the sort of party that is largely unattainable for the vast majority of her followers as well.

Most normal people havent gone to that level of expense and detail for their childrens parties.
Most people are also trying to stick within the current restrictions as well.

Of course not, and I'm glad that people are celebrating such lovely occasions as their children's birthdays. It's so important to mark those moments. But Aoibhe's wasn't small, nor was it really about Lily.

And of course it's not her fault that people are struggling, but as someone said above, I guess some consideration would be nice.

I'm genuinely sorry if I've offended anyone - I just find the blatant materialism so upsetting when so many are really, really struggling. I think I just need to unfollow her!

Reactions: 10
Is it her money? Did she not collaborate with the company?

Just to add that in august weren't social visits to houses limited to 10 people from like max 4 households?

Reactions: 3
Taking out the whole rules around Covid and whether or not she broke them by having over the numbers at the party... I don’t believe it’s fair to say that she can’t post about a party because her colleagues are down on wages etc. I’m sure Aoibhe would be struggling too only for the fact that she does Instagram on the side and yes probably got most of it gifted or heavily discounted.

at the end of the day, she’s well entitled to celebrate her baby’s birthday in whatever way she likes. Lilly won’t remember it, but so what? It’s nice to look back on and have happy memories. At her age those celebrations mean more to her parents as a nice way of marking their child’s birthday. Why begrudge that? I know if I had a child I’d be 100% making as much as a fuss as I could afford.

Reactions: 8
Ah lads I didn’t know she was back.....looks like I got blocked for having a nosey at her fella’s page......must have been afraid of his wandering eyes 👀😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Of course not, and I'm glad that people are celebrating such lovely occasions as their children's birthdays. It's so important to mark those moments. But Aoibhe's wasn't small, nor was it really about Lily.

And of course it's not her fault that people are struggling, but as someone said above, I guess some consideration would be nice.

I'm genuinely sorry if I've offended anyone - I just find the blatant materialism so upsetting when so many are really, really struggling. I think I just need to unfollow her!
I agree completely with your posts you certainly didn't offend me. She makes my blood boil the way she is going on that party was pathetic and all for the gram. Lily would have been happy with something far simpler. If she goes ahead with any get together this weekend that will tell us exactly the type of person she is.
Just to add someone said above just take out covid rules sorry but you can't just take out covid rules neither can Aoibhe these are unprecedented times even she has to abide by the rules. Easy throw a massive party when most of it is gifted. Any other year fire away you do you Aoibhe but there are restrictions this year so she needs to stop boasting and showing of.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I agree completely with your posts you certainly didn't offend me. She makes my blood boil the way she is going on that party was pathetic and all for the gram. Lily would have been happy with something far simpler. If she goes ahead with any get together this weekend that will tell us exactly the type of person she is.
Just to add someone said above just take out covid rules sorry but you can't just take out covid rules neither can Aoibhe these are unprecedented times even she has to abide by the rules. Easy throw a massive party when most of it is gifted. Any other year fire away you do you Aoibhe but there are restrictions this year so she needs to stop boasting and showing of.
Well she won’t be having a big party in Dublin as it’s only 6 to a house. I actually felt sorry for her when she did that big Oscar wining performer before she had the baby, but Christ on a bike she’s painful and just really out to make money. It’s a very sad world that within a week Or two of her returning to Instagram she’s like one big #ad or #collab and she never is at home. It’s such a shame she didn’t take a few months off to enjoy her babies !

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.