Anyone on the skinny jab/ pen?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But surely in the same way you’re only looking at the negatives? There are plenty of people who have had good experiences of it, taken it responsibly having researched, consulted with their GP and the dispenser and fit the correct criteria? We’re not going to agree on it, and while “be careful” is a perfectly valid nugget of advice, it’s a little patronising to assume that people are doing this as a whim, or because they lack the self control to lose weight that people who’ve never struggled seem to think is all it takes.
Don't add things that I have never said or suggested. I have had to cut every single bit of sugar and sweeteners and high carb items out of my life. I've climbed the damn walls because I am a carb addict and the tiniest few will set my cravings off. I've been known to drive miles for something sweet, or a crusty roll in the early hours.
I'm an alcoholic and a drug addict (not using or taking now for 11years) I smoked 60 fags a day for most of my life but gave up at the same time as I did the drink and drugs. . Carbs for me is harder than all the others put together, I would offer up 10 years of my life if I could just eat bread or have potatoes normally again because I love them and want them and think about them all the time, something I don't do with booze, drugs or fags. So please don't assume I have no idea how hard it is. I know how hard it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Everyone’s experience is different. Your story is vastly different to mine, for example.

All the best to you, you sound as if you’ve come very far.

Reactions: 5
Don't add things that I have never said or suggested. I have had to cut every single bit of sugar and sweeteners and high carb items out of my life. I've climbed the damn walls because I am a carb addict and the tiniest few will set my cravings off. I've been known to drive miles for something sweet, or a crusty roll in the early hours.
I'm an alcoholic and a drug addict (not using or taking now for 11years) I smoked 60 fags a day for most of my life but gave up at the same time as I did the drink and drugs. . Carbs for me is harder than all the others put together, I would offer up 10 years of my life if I could just eat bread or have potatoes normally again because I love them and want them and think about them all the time, something I don't do with booze, drugs or fags. So please don't assume I have no idea how hard it is. I know how hard it is.
Apologies, that wasn’t solely aimed at you and (genuinely) well done to you.
We’re not going to agree on it and that’s kind of all there is to it.

Reactions: 2
Everyone’s experience is different. Your story is vastly different to mine, for example.

All the best to you, you sound as if you’ve come very far.
Thank you, my own story was vastly different too, Then I started on the diet pills and everything changed. All I am saying is listen to the bad stories as well as the good, you cannot make an informed decision when only the positive stories are welcomed.

Apologies, that wasn’t solely aimed at you and (genuinely) well done to you.
We’re not going to agree on it and that’s kind of all there is to it.
Thank you. No we won't agree, and that's fine that's the point of debate, there will be more lurkers here than posters and having both sides of the debate is a good thing. you cannot make an informed decision when half the information is missing. Sometimes those things duck you up and sometimes they don't.

Anyway, for those it's working for, long may it continue and for those it didn't. I'm sorry it didn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Has anyone used Simple Online Pharmacy? They do a 6ml pen, sharps box and 100 needles for £57 with free postage, it's the cheapest I've found anywhere.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I’m going to order 5 pens for £240 next. Seems like a good deal.

I see on that site that Wegovy is getting licensed in the UK soon. It’s a once a week injection. I might try that when it becomes available.

Yes, see my above post correcting myself.

I just bought the one pen to start with to see how I get on, I'm very scared about side effects.
I’m on my 3rd pen. I’ve had a bit of tiredness in the evenings which means I am going to bed earlier and constipation, which I don’t care about. I’ve bought bran flakes to have for breakfast and I try to remember to drink loads of water.

I’ve lost 10lbs, today marked week 5. I have been gaining and losing the same pound all week but that happened last tim before a drop.

My pen came today, I'm just going to run some errands then I'll do my first injection. I'm starting at 12st 10lbs and I'm 5'8.
Wish me luck haha
I really thought you had to have a higher BMI than that so I'll be interested to see how it goes for you as I'm similar

Reactions: 3
I really thought you had to have a higher BMI than that so I'll be interested to see how it goes for you as I'm similar
Me too, although my BP is on the high side which means the BMI would be over 27. Really interested to hear how someone does with a lower BMI so please keep us updated xx

I'll admit I did round it up to 13st but I didn't do it lightly. I'm on some medication that makes me hungry all the time and I'm fighting a constant battle. I put on loads of weight about a year after starting them and did manage to lose some via slimming world but nothing works anymore and I'm miserable.

I've tried calorie counting and exercise for about two years and have never lost more than a stone, this time last year I was 11st 4, then lockdown happened which didn't help matters. Having previously being around 9st and very slim my whole life it was a shock to suddenly pile on a lot of weight. So this is my last resort, I have more realistic expectations now and 10st would be great.

So far I'm feeling fine a bit tired but no nausea. I'm going out for dinner later so I feel that'll be a real test.

Me too, although my BP is on the high side which means the BMI would be over 27. Really interested to hear how someone does with a lower BMI so please keep us updated xx
Will do. This is a last resort for me (read the post above) I just found no one would listen as in Doctors and stuff and I was well on my way to becoming seriously overweight.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So three days in and it wasn't quite what I expected but no side effects (fingers crossed) and I weigh 12st 6lbs.

I still get hungry (eventually) but I'm eating about quarter of my normal sized portion (and I'm used to slimming world so my portions were quite big) and no pudding which is unheard of.
I made a rookie mistake yesterday and had two biscuits about 1pm, I still felt full at 7pm 🤦🏻‍♀️ but now I know I'll make better choices. I definitely feel full a lot quicker and stay full for longer.

Reactions: 6
Thats a really good deal, i looked at the london clinic or london slimming clinic, cant remember what they are called but it was about £10 to post to NI which put me off.
London Slimming Clinic was £29 delivery to NI for me! Really put me off as its through them I would prefer to purchase from. And the only Lloyd's is in Ballymena 🤦‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.