Anyone on the skinny jab/ pen?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all,
I’m interested in the skinny jab. I’m not majorly overweight but would want to try to see if it’ll stop me eating much.
has anyone had any adverse side effects from it? Is it recommended if you want to lose 1-2 stone or moreso for larger weight loss.
Obviously I’ve had a look online but like everything it’s better to speak to someone using it directly isn’t it
I was 14stone and wanted to get down to 12stone and was on the jabs for 6 weeks but was very ill the whole time. The highest does i got to was 1.8ml but felt sick & had heartburn constantly and i only lost 4lb.

Most people seem to be positive and have done well but there is the chance you could end up like me.

Good luck 😘

Reactions: 1
Hey all - a little recap and warning from me….

I used 2 pens but stayed on the lowest dose the whole time as couldn’t power through the nausea and feeling unwell at a higher dose. I lost about a stone ish and stopped the jabs about a month ish ago.
I have regained most of that weight despite my best intentions, I just couldn’t manage to stick to such reduced calories as felt starving and empty all the time. My sweet tooth also came back with a vengeance once I stopped the jabs.
I am still eating smaller portions of main meals and things but once you stop the jabs it real is hard ladies!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
You
Hi all,
I’m interested in the skinny jab. I’m not majorly overweight but would want to try to see if it’ll stop me eating much.
has anyone had any adverse side effects from it? Is it recommended if you want to lose 1-2 stone or moreso for larger weight loss.
Obviously I’ve had a look online but like everything it’s better to speak to someone using it directly isn’t it
You sound similar to me, wish I could get it too but can only get if if you’re a certain, bigger BMI. And the side effects can be nasty so I wouldn’t lie for the prescription, not to suggest you would but I can imagine some people do

You

You sound similar to me, wish I could get it too but can only get if if you’re a certain, bigger BMI. And the side effects can be nasty so I wouldn’t lie for the prescription, not to suggest you would but I can imagine some people do
I think we are!
I went through the questionnaire for it same as you and put my weight up a few stone. It then asked if I ever had an eating disorder which I also lied about and said no. I got to the end and there was a disclosure re: thyroid cancer which is pretty scary? So I thought I’ll leave it.

TW: I’m no longer an underweight ED sufferer but I’d still have some ED tendencies such as some restricting(not majorly) and some binging, I no longer purge and I say some as it’s not daily I do this, but things like this die hard.
I heard this is more of an appetite suppressant which I don’t think would be compatible with a binger either I suppose?

I think I may just have to deficit and exercise more as it is 14lbs I want to lose . It is very very enticing though isn’t it.

I was 14stone and wanted to get down to 12stone and was on the jabs for 6 weeks but was very ill the whole time. The highest does i got to was 1.8ml but felt sick & had heartburn constantly and i only lost 4lb.

Most people seem to be positive and have done well but there is the chance you could end up like me.

Good luck 😘
Jesus this doesn’t sound good at all!
I don’t know what way I thought the injection would work to be honest, I just assumed the pounds would drop of off you.
I hope you’re ok now xx

I think we are!
I went through the questionnaire for it same as you and put my weight up a few stone. It then asked if I ever had an eating disorder which I also lied about and said no. I got to the end and there was a disclosure re: thyroid cancer which is pretty scary? So I thought I’ll leave it.

TW: I’m no longer an underweight ED sufferer but I’d still have some ED tendencies such as some restricting(not majorly) and some binging, I no longer purge and I say some as it’s not daily I do this, but things like this die hard.
I heard this is more of an appetite suppressant which I don’t think would be compatible with a binger either I suppose?

I think I may just have to deficit and exercise more as it is 14lbs I want to lose . It is very very enticing though isn’t it.

Jesus this doesn’t sound good at all!
I don’t know what way I thought the injection would work to be honest, I just assumed the pounds would drop of off you.
I hope you’re ok now xx
It took a few weeks to get back to normal but i’m good thank you. I haven’t put any weight on since but i also haven’t done anything to lose it either.

I wanted a quick fix so that i could have fertility treatment which has been postponed anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️

Some people have done so well with it but it just wasn’t for me Xx

It took a few weeks to get back to normal but i’m good thank you. I haven’t put any weight on since but i also haven’t done anything to lose it either.

I wanted a quick fix so that i could have fertility treatment which has been postponed anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️

Some people have done so well with it but it just wasn’t for me Xx
Good luck with the fertility treatment )when it finally goes ahead) 🥰

• Heart
I’ve have next to no side effects. I feel full quickly and for longer so I eat less. Even if I feel ok I serve myself a lot less when eating because I know I’ll not eat a full plate.

Reactions: 4
I’ve also had nearly no side affects. Ever so slight heartburn. My appetite has gone down. I am keeping an eye on calories to make sure I am eating enough. Has helped me stop my evening snack eating which I’ve found very hard to stop before.

Not sure if I should go up a dose when the time comes or keep at this dose until it stops working then go up the dose

First time I tried it about 6 weeks ago had no side effects really apart from being knackered. Had a couple of weeks off because I was training for a 10K and was knackered and not fuelled properly. Started again this week and the exhaustion is mad 😖 no appetite though, couldn’t even finish a bagel yesterday 😂

Reactions: 2
I have been on it again for over a week now on lowest dose and have got over the exhaustion finally! I am enjoying not being obsessed about food and if I am hungry I have a green tea and it goes off!

Hi 👋

I have just bought this and took my first dose today. Been reading all the posts on this thread and found all the info a great help and lots of good advice

Was going to ask I followed all the instructions and think I did it correct but barely felt the needle go in. Is that ok? Was expecting it to sting a bit.
Yes I think the needles are so fine that it doesn't hurt.... plus going into my blubber I wouldn't feel a knife lol

I have been on it again for over a week now on lowest dose and have got over the exhaustion finally! I am enjoying not being obsessed about food and if I am hungry I have a green tea and it goes off!
Yes I have started on turmeric and ginger tea that's gorgeous!

First time I tried it about 6 weeks ago had no side effects really apart from being knackered. Had a couple of weeks off because I was training for a 10K and was knackered and not fuelled properly. Started again this week and the exhaustion is mad 😖 no appetite though, couldn’t even finish a bagel yesterday 😂
Yes I have days when I'm absolutely knackered and even have a Nana nap....I'm not a nana lol

I’ve also had nearly no side affects. Ever so slight heartburn. My appetite has gone down. I am keeping an eye on calories to make sure I am eating enough. Has helped me stop my evening snack eating which I’ve found very hard to stop before.

Not sure if I should go up a dose when the time comes or keep at this dose until it stops working then go up the dose
I waited until it felt like it was losing its umph then I upped it slightly by a few extra clicks

So glad I found this thread it’s been really helpful…still researching and pondering but think I’m just going to go for it 😊

What time of day does everyone take it - I was taking it at night but I don’t feel like that’s working for me so I’ve changed to lunchtime

What time of day does everyone take it - I was taking it at night but I don’t feel like that’s working for me so I’ve changed to lunchtime
I take in the morning because apparently it works best 11 hours after taking so stops my evenings snacks/binges

I’ve also found morning to be the best. I’m full of best intentions in the morning so it kicks in when I want to stuff my face!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.