Anti-Hinch Tattlers Off-Topic Chat / Support & Insomnia Club! #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god how awful! my boy has lost 2 stone in just under 3 weeks but he had gained a stone and a half when on steriods for 4 months so he's just back to a normal weight for him now fingers crossed he doesn't loose anymore too quick, he's had another iron infusion today so feels on top of the world this evening bless him and actually got a bit of colour in his cheeks which is nice to see. It's an awful disease x
Steroids are a blessing and an curse all at the same time. Hope your boy stays well x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you. You're all so lovely. ❤❤

I'm definitely the most practical and calm member of my family (think the medical background helps).
We've only just lost my grandma (my mums mum) so just feels like one bad thing after another. They say it comes in 3's so feel on edge that something else is coming.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My Dad has Prostate cancer.

Luckily they've caught it early so it hasn't spread but it's been described as aggressive. That's not good is it??
Absolutely sick with worry
I'm so sorry to hear. It's a big shock and natural to feel panicked & worried. 🫂
I can't add much more to what the lovely ladies have already said. Your Dad will be taken care of treatment wise & as you say, it has been caught early. Remember to look after yourself too whilst he is going through this - A xx ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Luckily they've caught it early so it hasn't spread but it's been described as aggressive. That's not good is it??
Oh, hunnay. I’m sending you the biggest hug. You‘re not alone. We had the results of my Dad’s biopsy yesterday and it confirms he has stomach cancer. He won’t get a prognosis and possible treatment plan for another week. @xxDimplesxx is right, it doesn’t happen as fast as you would hope it would, and it’s the waiting that is one of the hardest things. Hang in there.
I wish your Dad a full recovery and I’m sending you love and strength. R xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh, hunnay. I’m sending you the biggest hug. You‘re not alone. We had the results of my Dad’s biopsy yesterday and it confirms he has stomach cancer. He won’t get a prognosis and possible treatment plan for another week. @xxDimplesxx is right, it doesn’t happen as fast as you would hope it would, and it’s the waiting that is one of the hardest things. Hang in there.
I’m so sorry about your dad too x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sending gentle hugs and love to all.

• Heart
Dearest R @BeeHappy 🐝 ❤
I'm so sorry my friend 🫂 The hanging around waiting is awful. Please make sure you look after you too. You've been a tower of strength to your nearest & dearest and now this. Sending you lots of love, A xxx

• Heart
I'm so sorry lovely.
It's horrible isn't it? Sending you and your family a big hug xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you. You're all so lovely. ❤❤

I'm definitely the most practical and calm member of my family (think the medical background helps).
We've only just lost my grandma (my mums mum) so just feels like one bad thing after another. They say it comes in 3's so feel on edge that something else is coming.
sending lots of love xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I’m sorry you and your family are going through this. From my understanding, the term “aggressive” is used when the cells in the tumour(s) reproduce above a certain rate, so it has to be addressed with treatment. I am glad it was caught early and seems localized. It still can be a difficult diagnosis to hear and process. Sending you love as you navigate the days ahead.

• Heart

Try not to panic. Aggressive just means it has the potential to spread and quickly without treatment. Did they give you a staging number for it? It will have TNM with 3 numbers in between you would hopefully want to see 0 for the last 2 numbers and 1 or 2 for the first one. But usually if it hasn't spread he has a really good chance.

• Heart
Try not to panic. Aggressive just means it has the potential to spread and quickly without treatment. Did they give you a staging number for it? It will have TNM with 3 numbers in between you would hopefully want to see 0 for the last 2 numbers and 1 or 2 for the first one. But usually if it hasn't spread he has a really good chance.
I've not seen any paperwork but going to have a look at the weekend.
He's spoken to his consultant and they're starting hormone therapy on Tuesday followed by 3 months of radiotherapy. Feel a lot better that treatment is being started quickly and we have a plan. The waiting truly is the worst part.
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend planned xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Morning everyone hope your are all okey! The weather here is lovely this morning 🌞 but due to rain for the next 3 days 🙄 hope you all have a great bank holiday ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I was running my brother around earlier and we were in Asda. There was a Trollomon barskit tray reduced to £4.20 and I really liked it so I picked it up. Home now and I don’t plan on doing anything else apart from take the dog out.
Hope everyone has a nice weekend L x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I miss all you guys 😢. I hope you are all ok? It’s very wet and drizzly here… I am so fed up of it now. It feels like Christmas is around the corner (my favourite time of year!), not summer. How is it almost June and still so cold and wet?! Grrr. Are you up to anything nice for half term? Big hugs. C. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hello lovelies 🤗 💐
El Spoonio here went for a quick woschhh & blow at the cuntry hairdressers salon. Followed by a pannini at a coffee shop then home as my shite body gave up and I really wanted to do a day out. Pissed off with myself.
Mr M has gone to Tesscho and we're getting a Chinese later. I'm currently lying on a block of ice with my boy kitties.
I am thinking of you all - A xxxx

• Heart
I miss all you guys 😢. I hope you are all ok? It’s very wet and drizzly here… I am so fed up of it now. It feels like Christmas is around the corner (my favourite time of year!), not summer. How is it almost June and still so cold and wet?! Grrr. Are you up to anything nice for half term? Big hugs. C. Xx
Working all week but I'm off the week after! And have absolutely nothing planned for that week.
---
Hello lovelies 🤗 💐
El Spoonio here went for a quick woschhh & blow at the cuntry hairdressers salon. Followed by a pannini at a coffee shop then home as my shite body gave up and I really wanted to do a day out. Pissed off with myself.
Mr M has gone to Tesscho and we're getting a Chinese later. I'm currently lying on a block of ice with my boy kitties.
I am thinking of you all - A xxxx
Ouchie that sounds painful. But on the bright side you got out and about, got your hair done and had some lunch out. You've achieved more than me today, I just nipped out to do a small food shop and the library this morning and have done very little the rest of the day, and I can't even use pain as an excuse I'm just lazy!

• Heart
Hello. The weekend has flown by here. I wanted to let everyone who was following along know that I met with the surgeon and my biopsy was negative! They are going to reassess me in 6 months, but for now I can breathe. Thanks for the support and words of comfort and wisdom.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Hello. The weekend has flown by here. I wanted to let everyone who was following along know that I met with the surgeon and my biopsy was negative! They are going to reassess me in 6 months, but for now I can breathe. Thanks for the support and words of comfort and wisdom.
That’s amazing news xx

• Heart
That’s fantastic news. Now relax and enjoy your weekend xx

• Heart