Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

OwlAtTheMoon

On my local Facebook group someone posted about a lady who had been active in the community and regularly posted in the group who had died at 78 and someone commented ‘oh I wonder if she had the vaccine’ with the needle emoji and some kind of suspicious face emoji and then loads of people were commenting about how they knew someone who had died ‘suddenly’ or ‘suspiciously’ and they’d had the vaccine but considering the vast majority of people had it then the vast majority of people dying will have had it surely.

Also, I don’t want to sound horrible, but she was 78 so… it’s not really shocking. It’s sad obviously but that’s about life expectancy isn’t it?
This is in such poor taste. What kind of ghoul do you have to be to suggestively mention the vaccine/use a needle emoji on someone's personal fb/twitter post about an actual bereavement? Christ! 😩🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 9

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Going back to aliens, I honestly think that if any government had real evidence of intelligent extraterrestrial life, they would keep it a secret. If people knew there would be mass panic.

Like, in theory, I’d be excited to know aliens exist, but I think the reality would be quite different . It would literally change your perception of reality, and I think even the calmest people would be freaked out.

But also, how people would react is unpredictable (so it would be a huge risk to release the information). No one could have predicted that a pandemic and lockdown would lead to people mass-buying toilet paper all over the world.

So I think knowing aliens exist would bring a feeling of “what’s next”, “what do they really want”. The whole unpredictable nature of this new reality would make individuals feel really unsettled, and that feeling across a population would lead to mass panic.

As a side-note, I think governments etc will always be happy hint at the existence of UFOs, because it can be used to cover up things, and in parts of America there’s a whole tourist industry built around UFOs and aliens, like the Extra Terrestrial Highway.

This might sound weird coming from me, but once you realize how big the universe actually is and how small our universe is in comparison to other universes which also exist, the idea of other life forms being out there suddenly becomes a whole lot more plausible.

Visualizing it is actually crazy lol

The size of our planet compared to others / stars.

Anyway, a lot of people are really freaked out by this sort of thing but I find it extremely comforting that to know that all of this shit is out there. I love the timescale of it all too, the earth has been around for like 4 billon years (which is unimaginably long to me), dinosaurs turned up 100 million years ago and then humans turned up 95 million years later, we were never even close to existing within the same time period that they did. Our planet has existed supported life for so long now, and will continue to exist long after us humans go extinct, meanwhile I’m only gonna be here on earth for another 65 years or so, nothing I do in my short life matters so may as well enjoy it and have the best time possible 😁.

• Heart

Merpedy

VIP Member
To think that the UFOs and aliens discussion is slowly reigniting and people would still rather discuss COVID, whatever is going on in American politics or domestically and how it's all scary deep state stuff

I just want the fun conspiracy chats back 😭 COVID and this QAnon stuff has really ruined it

• Haha
  • Heart

orangehead

VIP Member
Yes, I've noticed the needle emoji and also cryptic comments on Facebook. I belong to several local groups (that wouldn't be of any interest to anyone who doesn't have a connection to the area) and one day I had a good look at who was actually posting these comments.

Most of the accounts weren't obviously fake but they seemed to have joined just to post this type of nonsense. There were just one or two posters who had a local connection, posted about other stuff, but seem to have been captured by the vaccine conspiracy.

When people post about a death in these groups the responses are generally to express sympathy and maybe share a memory - "your grandad always visited my shop and was a true gentleman" type of thing. I find the vaccine posts offensive - even if you honestly believe that caused the death of the 86 year old grandad, keep your opinion to yourself!
On my local Facebook group someone posted about a lady who had been active in the community and regularly posted in the group who had died at 78 and someone commented ‘oh I wonder if she had the vaccine’ with the needle emoji and some kind of suspicious face emoji and then loads of people were commenting about how they knew someone who had died ‘suddenly’ or ‘suspiciously’ and they’d had the vaccine but considering the vast majority of people had it then the vast majority of people dying will have had it surely.

Also, I don’t want to sound horrible, but she was 78 so… it’s not really shocking. It’s sad obviously but that’s about life expectancy isn’t it?

OwlAtTheMoon

“Earth can't possibily be a globe so it's definately flat and so is the moon'”

I always wonder what flat-earthers think of the moon! Good to know.
Yep, that bit about the moon got me probably more than any of their other whacky ideas. When asked whether they also thought the moon was flat, they said well you might think it looks round, but that's just the bit you see, so how do you know it's not just a flat disc? Oh and according to them all of NASA plus every single airline pilot are in on the conspiracy and are total liars for stating Earth is a globe and the horizon is curved. Apparently no one has ever been in space and all photos of Earth taken from space are faked. It was just SO scientific, Bob! 👀😭😂

• Haha

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
i’m seeing an unfortunate resurgence in antisemitic conspiracy theories, seems like they’re bored of the covid stuff so have moved back to targeting jews again.
It’s been surreal to see so many rightwing nutters who have spent months banging on about how much they hate muslims suddenly turn around and start supporting a muslim nation in response to the situation over there (although tbf, they’re not supporting Palestine, they support the terrorist organization Hamas).
Just shows how deeply entrenched their burning hatred of Jews is…

• Sad

Onetwofour

VIP Member
Haha instagram actually showed me this memory yesterday, apparently it has has officially been 2 whole years since I first lined up and put my arm out for the chip to be installed 🥹

Does anyone know when I’m supposedly going to die suddenly? Last time I saw, the CTists were saying that we won’t start seeing most of the deaths until 10 years from now
🥴 so I guess I’ve still got a few years left in me yet!
On the good side of things you don't have to worry about having a pension or not.

• Haha

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Seeing lots of conspiracy theorists saying that they don’t care what happens with Palestine / Israel and that they hope they all kill each other.
What an edgy take on the situation 🙄! Cunts.

• Wow
  • Sad

Maccat123

VIP Member
I think it's massively overstated, though. And it's not like they say it because they're concerned about society, it's just so they can say: "See, we said we should have never locked down and we were right!"

There are lots of things wrong with society in my opinion, but most of it started long before lockdowns. They say it caused all the economic problems - but have they never heard of the 'credit crunch' as it was called in 2008? It's just too simplistic to pin it all on that.
I have issues with the way that the lockdowns were implemented - too little support and way too slow to act- but that doesn’t mean that they weren’t needed. Like you said I can only assume they were living fairly insular privileged lives beforehand if they really think that it caused all of societies ills. Other countries haven’t experience the same level of economic difficulty we had since 2020, perhaps they haven’t just experienced a decade of austerity!

In a similar vein I’ve seen many of them talk about sudden deaths as though they have only just started happening (post vaccine) which is just wrong and they completely dismiss covid as “just a cold” too which I find beyond infuriating.
---
It is massively overstated imo and a very simplistic way of looking at things. Obviously shutting the country down caused issues, but it’s not solely responsible for the current state of the UK economy. Other countries had lockdowns too (which were far more severe and went on for far longer) and their standards of living haven’t fallen nearly as much as it has in the UK.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the tory government must absolutely love these goons. We’re now at the point where quite literally everything they’ve done to mess up the UK just gets blamed on lockdown/jabs.
Oh, the whole economy is fucked and your job pays you an absolute pittance so you have to choose between eating and heating your home? Yeah? That was caused entirely by lockdown. It’s nothing to do with the fact that the tories have spent the past 13 years cutting public services down to the bone, allowing wages to stagnate and doing absolutely nothing to stop businesses exploiting their employees. Oh and definitely nothing to with the economic disaster class known as brexit which they absolutely embarrassed the nation with a few years ago either. That definitely didn’t introduce massive economic uncertainty leading to a huge reduction in business investment in the country, tank sterling exchange rates and cause mass inflation. Oh no no no, please look the other way! Distract yourselves and blame lockdown for that instead 🤪.

Sorry, but it’s ridiculous. All of the problems which get blamed on “lockdown” already existed way before covid did. A global pandemic may have exacerbated things, but the government has been running the standard of living in the UK into the ground for well over a decade now. I don’t get how people can’t see that.
So well said! I couldn’t agree more. Also if they actually listened to the covid inquiry (or paid attention at the time) it’s blindingly obvious that Boris just wanted to let people die and not take any action at all. When they say that it was all some massive orchestrated thing to get us to take vaccines or become subservient I’m thinking the government quite clearly did not want to impose any restrictions whatsoever!

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Woman sues a conspiracy theory newspaper that continually falsely claimed her son died from a Covid vaccine:

Their campaign against her sounds awful. :(
Fucking disgusting tbh. Now, let me guess, the CTists who write that rag are now going to claim that they're being silenced by this poor grieving mother and her lawyer 🙄.
---
To be honest, having my family coming from an ex-communist country that saw its currency crashing down in the early 90s, I am more afraid of a currency collapse than the increasing use of cashless methods of payment. We alreay are in some level living in a society where money is more and more virtual. As money can be created by banks just by writing codes, most of the money of this world don't exist physically. If tomorrow we would all run to the bank to withdraw our money, we would create a financial collapse as banks wouldn't be able to give us all of our money.
I agree. To use their terminology, these fears about a cashless society seem to be a bit of a ‘distraction’ from the Dickensian nightmare that the UK has been slowly falling into for the past 15 years. In terms of what is happening to the economy, a reduction in cash should be the least of your worries.

• Sad

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
There was an item on yesterday's ITV news about a decrease in the uptake of the MMR vaccine. Obviously it's causing concerns as there has been an increase in cases of measles, which can be very damaging.

I know we've talked about it on here before and some of it was put down to a general distrust in vaccines since the covid vaccinations, but this news item said there were likely to be other factors, too. From memory they were:
  • Lockdown meant less transmission of disease, therefore less parents felt their child needed it (especially if they weren't going to school at the time)
  • Lockdowns/covid vaccinations meant the MMR jab was deprioritised to a degree and now the NHS is playing catch up
  • A perception that there's a 'window' for children to have the MMR jab and if it's missed, it's too late. That's incorrect, the MMR vaccine can be given at any time.
There were probably other factors I've missed out, but it wasn't a clear-cut case of people don't like vaccines as much now, so they're not having any or letting their children have any. Obviously people are being urged to have them, which those who are against vaccines will no doubt describe as "pushing", but it's just out of a desire to get the numbers of MMR down.
In the article I posted in the previous thread about the decrease in uptake of the tetanus/diphtheria/polio vaccine it said similar, the pandemic putting strain on the already understaffed NHS has meant that resources have been diverted away from vaccination programs and HCPs have less time to deliver health education to their patients meaning that false perceptions (not necessarily CTs/antivax views) have started to spring up. I think a lot of it probably comes down to the fact that people have forgotten the importance of these vaccines. Cases of these diseases have been extremely low in developed countries for decades now due to the fact that the vast majority of the population is vaccinated against them, and they just aren’t something we ever even think about or worry about. It’s not like we regularly see news stories where loads of kids are dying of tetanus so people aren’t thinking ‘shit, must remember to get my child vaccinated!’.
We take herd immunity for granted tbh, if we want to continue to enjoy the incredibly low rates of these horrible diseases that we have in the developed world compared to those in developing countries, we all need to keep up with the vaccines 🤷‍♀️. I think over the next year or so if uptake doesn’t increase, you’ll probably start to see more intense public health campaigns from the government/NHS encouraging people to get them.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
I suppose when people don't have much going for themselves, they clutch at things like this to feel superior.

I was reading a tweet the other day about someone who'd been sadly diagnosed with cancer and several people were in the comments either asking if the person was vaccinated, or saying things like "there's so much cancer about since the covid vaccine was rolled out". How ghoulish.

They always seem to want a simple explanation to everything, whereas there are multiple factors as to why cancer has increased - eg overwhelmed NHS not seeing people as quickly (yes it got worse during lockdown but it was bad before then too), people living longer, people exercising less and living more sedentary lifestyles, etc. Plus some of it's just down to genes. My dad was diagnosed with cancer in 2019 when it was too late to cure. But he'd lived a healthy lifestyle, he wasn't overweight, he ate well, he did all his cancer screenings and so on. He did everything right, but it still got him and his brother (my uncle), too.
I’m sorry to hear about your father and uncle ❤ and I agree. You can practically see the delight when some of these ghouls hear that someone has been diagnosed with cancer, so they can chalk it up as what they’ve decided is another vaccine related illness and sit there and basically say “I told you so”. We know what causes cancer, we know why it has increased in recent years (spoiler alert: it has been steadily increasing for years since before covid even existed).

And exactly, whilst only a small percentage of cancers are caused by specific heritable genes, all cancers are triggered by genetic changes. The problem is that how these changes are triggered is extremely complex and very difficult to unpredictable as well. Some people unfortunately lose the genetic lottery and end up with a lifetime of crappy diseases, others win and are able to smoke, drink and eat shit their whole lives until they finally kick the bucket aged 94 having suffered very few health problems.
Despite years of research, we still can’t accurately predict the development of it and often can’t even detect it until it’s too late either. it’s scary and can happen to anyone, which is why I think it’s comforting for some CTists to convince themselves that the vaccine is a cause of it, and then say “well I didn’t have the vaccine so I’ve got less of a chance of developing it”! False sense of security really.

• Heart
A girl I went to school with posted this on her insta story just now, apparently she is a part of the team currently working on this project. The aim is to try and collect information about scientists & doctors views on vaccination (other similar studies suggest 90-99% of doctors believe that covid vaccines are safe and effective, no surprise obv) and to then use this information to promote vaccine campaigns and influence public policy. Apparently early research has already shown that even just letting people know that doctors are backing the vaccines leads to increased vaccine uptake. It is interesting as a lot of antivaxers seem convinced that healthcare professionals are antivax (which is obv not true) and I often see them saying stuff like “loads of healthcare professionals don’t agree with the vaccines, all of the doctors at my local hospital say they’d never take it.
It’s definitely good to see that there’s actual research going on at the moment to try and find effective ways to reduce the spread of misinformation and combat myths about vaccines!

[/URL]
When the Covid vaccine first came out apparently a lot of doctors and nurses lost their jobs because it became mandatory. I have no doubt that a lot probably did, but we definitely didn’t lose any doctors in our small town like it was rumoured and the hospital is still operating at its usual capacity of healthcare workers. Same with aged care 🤷🏼‍♀️

I reckon these CT’s hear of ONE person who has opted out and like Chinese whispers the story gets more and more elaborate. They never have facts to back it up of course.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
V. interesting article about a former 'truther' and his process of disentangling himself from a mega CT mindset:

Absolutely fascinating and such a unique perspective. It’s so rare for people who have fallen into conspiracy theories to actually pull themselves back out again.
His explanation as to why he fell into CTism in the first place sums up perfectly the way a lot of CTists come across to me:

What made him vulnerable? Partly, he blames his education. “I wasn’t taught how to assess information or how to do research,” he says. “I don’t think I lacked intelligence but I was very naive about politics and how the world actually works.”

This is the problem. We need to teach critical thinking skills in schools to protect the next generation from falling for CTs. It is absolutely fundamental at this point given how saturated the internet and media have become with misinformation. How can young people be expected to wade through it all unless they are equipped with the skills required to figure out what is real and what is just made up nonsense designed to trick people?

• Heart

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
The world is getting crazier every day, so many absolute headcases plugging their nonsensical ramblings. I wonder if Tim Berners-Lee has any regrets!

• Haha