Anti-Conspiracy Theories #7 Google told me, so it must be true. Sheeep!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“The War Of The Worlds story that didn't actually happen” in the same way that Owen Jones is not a murderer 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 5
New Scientist cartoon on why 10001 days is not necesarily as long as it seems... 😳😂
(10001 in binary = 17 days decimal value)
factorial_numbers.png

Alt text: So what do we do when we get to base 10? Do we use, A, B, C, etc? No: Numbers above about 3.6 million are simply illegal.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Loool looks like the conspiracy theorists are now deeply triggered and offended by Jimmy Carr taking the piss out of antivaxers:

“back in my day he used to get up there and tell jokes about dead babies and disabled people! Can’t believe he’s gone woke 🤬🤬🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Loool looks like the conspiracy theorists are now deeply triggered and offended by Jimmy Carr taking the piss out of antivaxers:

“back in my day he used to get up there and tell jokes about dead babies and disabled people! Can’t believe he’s gone woke 🤬🤬🤬
I can't stand Jimmy Carr ordinarily but there are some golden, telling comments after that vax tweet. Like: 'Bet there'll soon be a headline "Jimmy Carr Dies Suddenly"', plus one about how all the good guys sold out and turned pro-vax except reliables like dear old Denise Welch...
Denise Welch ffs!! What a deranged conduit of unhinged misinformation she is.. ! 😩😱😱

• Heart
All mention of Denise Welch reminds me of the Shirley Carter's Pussy twitter account going on about her being non-binary all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
All mention of Denise Welch reminds me of the Shirley Carter's Pussy twitter account going on about her being non-binary all the time.
😭😭 the fact that the Mirror actually reported that she was non-binary and then Matty Healy supposedly rang her up to ask if it was true, all bc of tweets put out by shirley carter’s pussy kills me every time I think about it

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Haha yeah. They'll take the mick out of the people they disagree with, but the second anyone does the same in return they can't handle it.

I had my covid booster and flu vaccine a couple of weeks ago and I'm doing fine. No one made me. I'm on the 'at risk' list, I was offered the vaccines, so I accepted, as I want to reduce my risk of getting and spreading covid or flu. I'm sure some of the anti vaxxers would call me names, call me stupid, etc etc - but I'm exercising my right to body autonomy which is what they're exercising when they choose not to take vaccines.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Guys I’ve got another offensive joke:

What do you call an Antivaxer Nanny?

Mrs. Doubt Pfizer 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My friend has a terminal illness and she was telling us recently about how there have been incidents where people have straight up said to her face, “so do you think it was caused by the covid vaccine then??” and it made me so angry for her. I just think it’s such a disgusting thing to say to someone who you know has a terminal illness, because even if it was true and the vaccine caused the disease to develop (it’s not true, her illness has a clear, well documented genetic cause) what is the actual point of saying that to her? You know that she can’t turn back time and unvaccinate herself now, so why say it…?
It keeps playing on my mind and making me wonder wtf goes through these conspiracy theorists heads whilst saying that to someone? Seriously, is there some sort of sick pleasure that they get out of gleefully suggesting to an unwell person that they may have done something to cause said illness, or are they just so chronically lacking in social skills that they genuinely think it’s acceptable to just go around saying these things?

Idk. Anyway, rant over! I just hate these dumb little neeks, they truly have no idea how upsetting their comments can be to someone in that situation.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
My friend has a terminal illness and she was telling us recently about how there have been incidents where people have straight up said to her face, “so do you think it was caused by the covid vaccine then??” and it made me so angry for her. I just think it’s such a disgusting thing to say to someone who you know has a terminal illness, because even if it was true and the vaccine caused the disease to develop (it’s not true, her illness has a clear, well documented genetic cause) what is the actual point of saying that to her? You know that she can’t turn back time and unvaccinate herself now, so why say it…?
It keeps playing on my mind and making me wonder wtf goes through these conspiracy theorists heads whilst saying that to someone? Seriously, is there some sort of sick pleasure that they get out of gleefully suggesting to an unwell person that they may have done something to cause said illness, or are they just so chronically lacking in social skills that they genuinely think it’s acceptable to just go around saying these things?

Idk. Anyway, rant over! I just hate these dumb little neeks, they truly have no idea how upsetting their comments can be to someone in that situation.
Over a decade housebound, missing my career, outtings with friends, gigs - all of it, cause exposure to lots of nasty viruses kicked off ME/CFS and this exercise nut of a bloke thought I'd exercise it away and just hastened it...

The ME/CFS community were weary that C19 could be another viral trigger for the condition or a spinoff and sure enough "Long COVID" has the symptom set and the same chance of coming with a matching diagnosis of Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (the body acting like you are laying down when you are actually standing up and not pumping adequate blood to brain and muscles)

so.. once C19 had been in the western world for 3+ month we were all hearing of cases my cousins bestie got Alpha variant infection and is weak still now (in her early 30s) but what do all the conspiracy folks say? "Its All Vaccine injuries! no such thing as Long COVID" - slight chronological issue there...
people had it at least 9 months before the first vaccines even hit the market!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Over a decade housebound, missing my career, outtings with friends, gigs - all of it, cause exposure to lots of nasty viruses kicked off ME/CFS and this exercise nut of a bloke thought I'd exercise it away and just hastened it...

The ME/CFS community were weary that C19 could be another viral trigger for the condition or a spinoff and sure enough "Long COVID" has the symptom set and the same chance of coming with a matching diagnosis of Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (the body acting like you are laying down when you are actually standing up and not pumping adequate blood to brain and muscles)

so.. once C19 had been in the western world for 3+ month we were all hearing of cases my cousins bestie got Alpha variant infection and is weak still now (in her early 30s) but what do all the conspiracy folks say? "Its All Vaccine injuries! no such thing as Long COVID" - slight chronological issue there...
people had it at least 9 months before the first vaccines even hit the market!
It’s just so jarring. There is a wealth of evidence which proves the long term damage that infectious agents (not just covid) can do to the human body. I mean, it’s an established fact that chronic infections with the bacteria H. Pylori can lead to stomach cancer and infections with human papillomaviuses can cause cervical cancer. Plus we all know about HIV and what that does to a person. Yet people can’t seem to accept that a Covid infection might also possibly duck up your body long term too? Especially in those who are already vulnerable? It’s so strange.

Arguments about vaccines aside for a moment though, no one with any type of illness wants to hear uneducated and unsolicited opinions from some randomer about their health. They’d much rather listen to what the highly qualified healthcare professionals they have regular appointments with who know their medical history have got to say instead.

• Heart
I have a chronic illness caused by undiagnosed endometriosis, the endo had stuck to various organs causing havoc and requiring multiple surgeries including a hysterectomy and bowel resection.
One of the CT lemons saw my posts about being sick and decided that I was constantly ill because I've had the vaccine.
The person even laughed about my husband having Covid, not realising he's anti-Covid vax and refused to get his 'clot shot'.
I've run out of any sympathy or patience I might once have had with these people.
They don't give a mad duck about causing hurt or distress to other human beings, it's all about how that can feel superior.
Hope they get probed by an alien.

• Heart
I have a chronic illness caused by undiagnosed endometriosis, the endo had stuck to various organs causing havoc and requiring multiple surgeries including a hysterectomy and bowel resection.
One of the CT lemons saw my posts about being sick and decided that I was constantly ill because I've had the vaccine.
The person even laughed about my husband having Covid, not realising he's anti-Covid vax and refused to get his 'clot shot'.
I've run out of any sympathy or patience I might once have had with these people.
They don't give a mad duck about causing hurt or distress to other human beings, it's all about how that can feel superior.
The cheek of it!
The thing is, unless they genuinely do have zero understanding of social situations, they KNOW it’s totally inappropriate to make comments like that about the causes of someone’s health issues, surely. They wouldn’t go up to the mother of a disabled child and go “so did you drink and do drugs during your pregnancy then??”, would they? It’s like their obsession with being proven ‘right’ about the vaccines overrides all of the social norms they’ve learned throughout their lives and they just can’t help themselves.

I’ve got absolutely no time for them either tbh. I’ve completely disengaged with anyone I know/knew irl who posts about this crap on social media or talks about it in person. They refuse to listen to any other view of the vaccines and won’t even have a civil conversation about it. They’re dead set on the idea that the vast majority of illnesses occurring currently within population have been directly caused by the covid vaccines, and that’s that as far as they’re concerned. They only want to see and hear things which validate their conspiracy theorist views.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Haven't listened yet, it's on my play list for tonight. It's about Andrew Wakefield and I think is only three episodes (one out so far for non-subscribers.)

I bumped into a friend last week who was with her fuckwit husband. In chatting I mentioned I’d had COVID a few weeks back and he interjected “so you had a cold” to which I replied that no, I’d done a test and had Covid. He then kept rudely butting in and parroted “so you had a cold” every time I mentioned the C word. Absolute head. My friend was so embarrassed. In his mind he probably believes his loquacious eloquence completely changed my opinion and I’m sure his version would differ greatly from mine if he had any friends to tell it to 😂

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Sorry to hear about your serious health issues. Endometriosis is a bastard disease all right.
Yes I remember the copying & pasting of your illness posts, commenting about the several times you were unwell hinting at the vaccine as cause, nasty edge to it wasn't there... I mean why would someone do that?! Without checking the facts of your medical history if they'd taken the trouble to, I dunno, ask you what was wrong... 😩🙁 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6