Anti-Conspiracy Theories #7 Google told me, so it must be true. Sheeep!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
6FDF3DA7-C2AD-4E41-A08F-F95C94D5C255.jpeg

The amount of CTist freaks coming out of the woodwork to defend Lucy Letby is actually sickening.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I'm in a Facebook group for women who are recovering from eating disorders. Someone posted about how autoimmune disease contributed to her ED because she had to follow a very limited diet to prevent flare-ups, and she believed a vaccine caused it. Every rabid anti-vaxer crawled out of the woodwork and it was a bingo card: "vaccine injuries!" "experimental gene therapy!", "COVID vaccines were rushed/not tested!" "I'm not anti-vax, I think it's ok to innoculate against polio or cholera!" Along with pseudo-feminist justifications ("vaccines aren't tested on women, they're not designed for our bodies!") and weird neo-con arguments ("if women stopped being so promiscuous they wouldn't need the HPV vaccine!") The mods eventually closed comments but any more of that and I'm leaving the group. I think it's disgusting how CTers prey on people who are very vulnerable - it's understandable for instance that someone with an eating disorder, which have high fatality rates and are hard to treat, will jump on any justification for it and anything they think might help

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Ok so, this is a long-read and I’ve not read it all yet, but it looks interesting. About a writer who keeps getting mistaken for another writer who’s gone full-on CT.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Ok so, this is a long-read and I’ve not read it all yet, but it looks interesting. About a writer who keeps getting mistaken for another writer who’s gone full-on CT.

Fascinating read, thanks for posting. The final third is especially good. I like how Klein, motivated by being frequently mistaken online for Wolf, chose to do a deep dive into the vortex of CTs Wolf had hurtled into. As a proficient writer and researcher herself Klein's done a really articulate job of detailing the issues. This line resonates: 'Conspiracies have always swirled in times of crisis but never before have they been a booming industry in their own right'.
(edited for typo)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Here we go, here’s the latest thing!!! Apparently “they” are deliberately pulling the plug on the air traffic control systems because “they” don’t want you to go on your all inclusive to benidorm 👹👹👹

Mega trolls! FEWMIN!

• Haha
Here we go, here’s the latest thing!!! Apparently “they” are deliberately pulling the plug on the air traffic control systems because “they” don’t want you to go on your all inclusive to benidorm 👹👹👹

Mega trolls! FEWMIN!
The funny thing is in her previous persona she'd have mocked conspiracy theorists. She switches from one position to another to continue her grifting. Can't believe she still has people who take her seriously. 🤣

Hopkins is such a cynical grifter, she’s a mouthpiece for rent, a talking head spouting whatever rhetoric will give her 5 mins of exposure. Whether she believes it or not is of no consequence to her. C#nt.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Apparently down to a data glitch of some description, nerds among us might recognise the name 'Bobby Tables', a cautionary tale of checking what you've been given before you just stuff it into the machine and break everything.

exploits_of_a_mom.png

Reactions: 5
Hopkins is such a cynical grifter, she’s a mouthpiece for rent, a talking head spouting whatever rhetoric will give her 5 mins of exposure. Whether she believes it or not is of no consequence to her. C#nt.
Exactly. Plus, while she's an annoying grifter, she's clearly an intelligent woman. Therefore, I don't believe she honestly holds a view that the ATC outage was deliberately planned to get people to give up on air travel.

It doesn't make logical sense and she knows that really, which makes her grifting even worse. It's exploitative.

Exactly. Plus, while she's an annoying grifter, she's clearly an intelligent woman. Therefore, I don't believe she honestly holds a view that the ATC outage was deliberately planned to get people to give up on air travel.

It doesn't make logical sense and she knows that really, which makes her grifting even worse. It's exploitative.
She’s always been such a pied piper lmao. Before it was the racists who followed her, now it’s the CTists 😂.

Fr though, never thought I’d say it but can we please go back to the covid CTs 😅? All these new ones are just really cringe.

• Haha
She’s always been such a pied piper lmao. Before it was the racists who followed her, now it’s the CTists 😂.

Fr though, never thought I’d say it but can we please go back to the covid CTs 😅? All these new ones are just really cringe.
She was kicked off of Big Brother Australia for being a twit and flouting quarantine laws. Maybe that gave her cool points with them?
We al know things were hard on everyone back then but if a country is good enough to host you at least play by the rules.

"Are you really saying VACCINE INJURIES don't exist?" Yes, yes I am. Next!
I think the idea that there are *literally zero* injuries or deaths from vaccines is just as daft as the idea that there are millions and they're being covered up. The truth is that a few adverse reactions here and there don't invalidate a vaccine or the idea of vaccines, which is what the anti-vaxx lot want.

And regarding the whole thing about technology, it reminded me of the idea that mobile phones cause brain tumours.

• Heart
I think the idea that there are *literally zero* injuries or deaths from vaccines is just as daft as the idea that there are millions and they're being covered up. The truth is that a few adverse reactions here and there don't invalidate a vaccine or the idea of vaccines, which is what the anti-vaxx lot want.
Exactly.
There are side effects and risks to taking any vaccine and any medication. If you think it was ever suggested that any of the covid vaccines wouldn’t have these risks, then you’re either willfully ignorant or extremely confused.

That said, a lot of the antivaxers defo get off on the idea of masses of people (or idiots as they deem them) suffering horrendous side effects as a result of taking a covid vaccine.
BB7C21B0-0B6D-40B3-9D62-AD889840A379.jpeg

was just coming here to post this delightful remark!

• Sad
I hardly look at twitter these days (can't believe what a cesspit of bile and bigotry it's become) but I looked last night re: the new covid strain, autumn booster rollout etc.... and my god, some of the comments! They've got to be bots a lot of them, surely, STILL on about the mass deaths from the 'clot shot' CT and a 'duck that' determination to deliberately disregard any precautionary public health measures should they be necessary this winter. After all, how criminally terrible to be asked to wear a mask in a hospital setting or on public transport to minimise transmission! 😱 (to clarify, that last sentence was sarcastic x)

It's likely to be a loud, angry minority clamouring about covid and the jabs on sm but what exactly is it these people (unless they're all bots) are so furious about?

We heard enough on the old vaccine thread to know that grievances there tended to relate to: personal or family experience of bad vaccine reactions; perceived large no. of wider vaccine injuries; personal or family experience of disdain/similar opprobation about not using masks; not wanting to adhere to certain lockdown measures; belief that the covid vaccines weren't tested thoroughly and/or were actually harmful.

I would always sympathise with anyone's personal experiences of adverse events to the vaccines, although I'd disagree on many other point that were consistently argued there.
On the wider, less personal platform of twitter, which seems to attract the nuttiest of abject nutters, at which point does people's rationality fall away and they freefall into that CT vortex of covid jabs as microchip conductors, mass culling from jabs, Fauci as the devil, planned pandemic, the WEF, etc?

As to why are people so angry - I think this comes down to theories we've talked about on this thread before about different personalities' psychological responses to trauma, unforeseen major events and societal challenges such as those a novel pandemic posed.

The effects of covid are still being felt, but I'd argue they are from completely different causes to those posited by the anti-covid vaccine conspiracy theorists. Where the trolls on twitter are continually up in arms about a virus they do not understand or do not believe even exists, who seem to seek death and retribution of the vaccinated and healthcare workers, for being 'other-than them', for robbing them of their civil liberties or for trying to inject them with 'poison', those of us perhaps on the side of rationality, science and medicine, a greater degree of open-mindedness?, see the necessity for the recovery of public health, and a renewed trust in medicine and those who work in it - from research and development through to nurses, doctors and healthcare assistants. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
the necessity for the recovery of public health, and a renewed trust in medicine and those who work in it - from research and development through to nurses, doctors and healthcare assistants. ❤
That would be nice. The vilification and disrespect of HCPs by certain groups since covid has been utterly disgusting.

• Heart
You mean as well as this one, we are doomed i tell you :eek:
This is funny but remember when someone thought the circuit board drawing of a guitar pedal was something to do with the vaccine? I can't remember now as it was ages (and three vaccines) ago but it was utterly ridiculous. Swallowed by thousands of course.

• Haha
You need to detox your body if you had the 'clot shot'. This guy can help, of course. Wonder how much he's charging?
0E2EE752-3666-40CC-8DAE-D43EF3B0D042.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry