Anti-Conspiracy Theories #7 Google told me, so it must be true. Sheeep!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is so bizarre. What does a terrible quality AI video prove?
That the US is screwed :eek:
Either
1) Biden is being controlled by someone and not acting of his own accord which is bad for democracy as a whole;
or
2) it's fake and the US is likely to be faced with an unenviable choice of who to have as president, which I would argue is also bad for democracy a a whole.

Reactions: 2
I think the US is fake and is just a studio set in Pinewood.

In other news, Uri Gellar has gone mental on Twitter after gettjng called out for posting an image from The X-Files and implying it was a real photo of aliens.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Biden is a shocker though, he shouldn't be anywhere near politics.
It's a well known fact that Reagan took advice from his wife Nancy's astrologer.
Bush junior was just a bumbling clown as well.

Reactions: 6
One for the planespotters ;)

I've got my glasses already, they came free with the neutraliser :cool:
As a former resident of Swindon I can confidently say that anything that improves thinking there is a very good thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Wake up guys, the new conspiracy theory just dropped!
They’re killing us with smart meters now 😱
---
This fella is proposing to combat the “deadly radiation” from his smart meter by….. encasing it within one of the most toxic heavy metals known to man.
FB021C95-4362-4B9D-93DD-D64251F5D6A6.jpeg

I love CTists man, they’re bleeping hilarious 😭

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Lead is pretty fine as long as you don't injest it, tbf. Doesn't make his theory any less dumb though.

• Haha
Lead is pretty fine as long as you don't injest it, tbf. Doesn't make his theory any less dumb though.
Yea but these are the people who inject themselves with colloidal silver and huff turpentine… we shouldn’t leave them alone around lead, I don’t trust them not to start scranning it 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Wake up guys, the new conspiracy theory just dropped!
They’re killing us with smart meters now 😱
I thought smart meters were already designated as tentacles of the machine apocalypse? Though TBH I'm still not 100% trusting of something that has a remote shutoff (or at least they do in the UK*, 'to help when changing suppliers' was the somewhat interesting reason often given for having this feature that is vulnerable to cockup *and* conspiracy...

as per functional requirement 5.4.4.7 Disable Supply so long as that does not conflict with the Non-Disablement Calendar as per 5.5.2.16 in the specification, specification available from the gov.uk website

Anyone who doesn't have a smart meter and feels like they are missing out can get the same effect with a 2G phone plugged into a charger. Extra equivalence if the phone has an LCD screen.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Serious question, how do some of these people live in the modern world?
I used to work with a woman who wouldn't own a microwave and thought that Windows 10 would spy on her if she installed it. Each to their own but she worked with an RF scanner all day, I asked her if she was scared of the emissions from her scanner and she showed me her pendant which protected her.
She was a really nice person but no doubt she was batshit crazy.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I used to work with a woman who wouldn't own a microwave and thought that Windows 10 would spy on her if she installed it. Each to their own but she worked with an RF scanner all day, I asked her if she was scared of the emissions from her scanner and she showed me her pendant which protected her.
I suppose we've always had luddites and some (not all) conspiracy theorists can fall into that camp through not trusting modern technology.

At least the woman you worked with had an answer to your question which, even though it's silly, it was something she used to square the risk in her mind. It's more the ones who don't have any answers to problems they pose that get me.

For example, conspiracy theorists who'll say "they" can't be trusted, but they're happy to use modern technology like mobile phones and the internet (often profusely). If you took their opinions to their logical conclusion, they should surely reject such modern advances and stick to letters. But they don't.

They don't like paying by card in favour of cash payments, but they're fine with using electronic communication rather than paper communication...

Partly because they like the convenience (eg "I'm happy to come up with wild theories, but I still quite like my phone and surfing the internet, so I'll just overlook that hypocrisy"), but also because a lot of it is about spreading their theories - so they won't reject the very means that allows them to propagate their thoughts. But then that makes me wonder if they truly believe all they say if they're willing to overlook their concerns for convenience.

I just did a search for 'rf protective pendant' and drifted through related products, dear god some of the other stuff on sale and the price of a bit of spraypainted bent coat-hanger is :eek:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm old enough to remember when some people absolutely believed that the old monochrome 'green screen' computer monitors gave off harmful 'rays'.

• Haha
Bush junior was just a bumbling clown as well.
He also believed that God was telling him what to do¹. He does seem to have gained some self awareness recently, though (see the gaffe where he said "unjustified invasion of Iraq ... I mean Ukriane ... and Iraq too, I guess")

¹theres always a Bright Eyes song (When The President Talks To God, in this case, which obviously was in response to that, just after the Iraq invasion).

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I suppose we've always had luddites and some (not all) conspiracy theorists can fall into that camp through not trusting modern technology.

At least the woman you worked with had an answer to your question which, even though it's silly, it was something she used to square the risk in her mind. It's more the ones who don't have any answers to problems they pose that get me.

For example, conspiracy theorists who'll say "they" can't be trusted, but they're happy to use modern technology like mobile phones and the internet (often profusely). If you took their opinions to their logical conclusion, they should surely reject such modern advances and stick to letters. But they don't.

They don't like paying by card in favour of cash payments, but they're fine with using electronic communication rather than paper communication...

Partly because they like the convenience (eg "I'm happy to come up with wild theories, but I still quite like my phone and surfing the internet, so I'll just overlook that hypocrisy"), but also because a lot of it is about spreading their theories - so they won't reject the very means that allows them to propagate their thoughts. But then that makes me wonder if they truly believe all they say if they're willing to overlook their concerns for convenience.
Not one will own up to using a smart phone though. I'd like to spend a day or two hanging out with a real CT to see how they get through their day. I'm not talking about off-the-grid preppers, I mean the ones that carry on on the inter webs about fluoride and chemtrails and tit. It would be interesting.
Then they can come and hang out at my house and listen to some quality death metal while I scan their brains.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm old enough to remember when some people absolutely believed that the old monochrome 'green screen' computer monitors gave off harmful 'rays'.
Deny it all you like but it's no coincidence that the matrix was all green screens with undeciperable text, I was having flashbacks to the mad panics of trying to do coursework assignments.with a killing hangover and praying I wouldn't decorate the screen with the fried egg roll I had unwisely scoffed at speed just moments previously.

• Haha
I actually can’t cope with the idiots who write posts on the internet with their smart phones, moaning and whining about how bad the internet and smart phones are.
Then they wonder why people mock them 🤣

• Haha
Not making fun of this woman as I think she’s mentally ill, but jfc this was a rollercoaster of a video 😳

• Sad
Not making fun of this woman as I think she’s mentally ill, but jfc this was a rollercoaster of a video 😳
Omg. Not wanting to single her out, for the same reason as you, but chriiiist, if ever there was a public service announcement for why we need to encourage people to stick with education (especially maths & science), this'd be it. Or you risk becoming like this. Sadly, mental health public services have fallen right down the crapper in the past decade, especially since covid. Poor woman. 🙁

• Sad