Anti-Conspiracy Theories #7 Google told me, so it must be true. Sheeep!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is just so childish to use ‘gay’ as a slur. I work in secondary schools and it’s really not something the kids do nowadays. Seems our teens could teach the MAGA lot about acceptance.
That assumes MAGA want to learn anything. Unfortunately I don't think they'd listen to anyone but their orange overlord. :D

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Lol MAGAs are just cringe boomers who think they’re being horribly oppressed coz it’s not socially acceptable to call people f*gs and the N word anymore.
They constantly moan about the younger generation supposedly being ‘offended’ about everything, when they themselves are the biggest cry babies going 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Lol MAGAs are just cringe boomers who think they’re being horribly oppressed coz it’s not socially acceptable to call people f*gs and the N word anymore.
They constantly moan about the younger generation supposedly being ‘offended’ about everything, when they themselves are the biggest cry babies going 🤣
That's so true. They go on and on about how they hate cancel culture and that their freedom of speech is being eroded... but the fact they can constantly whinge about it shows they have that freedom of speech and they're always leading boycotts of things -- hence also support cancel culture.

Laurence Fox is one of the biggest hypocrites going. Has his own slot on GB News (a national TV station) yet always says he's being silenced. 🥴

Reactions: 5
That's so true. They go on and on about how they hate cancel culture and that their freedom of speech is being eroded... but the fact they can constantly whinge about it shows they have that freedom of speech and they're always leading boycotts of things -- hence also support cancel culture.

Laurence Fox is one of the biggest hypocrites going. Has his own slot on GB News (a national TV station) yet always says he's being silenced. 🥴
Yes literally 😂 the whole ‘being silenced’ thing is what gets me the most, they literally never shut the duck up.
They don’t seem to understand that people disagreeing with the misinformation and bile they spout on social media ≠ oppression, curtailment of freedom of speech or being silenced.

Reactions: 7
Yes literally 😂 the whole ‘being silenced’ thing is what gets me the most, they literally never shut the duck up.
They don’t seem to understand that people disagreeing with the misinformation and bile they spout on social media ≠ oppression, curtailment of freedom of speech or being silenced.
It's hard to know if they genuinely can't spot it, or if it's wilful ignorance used as an attempt to get more people to agree with them. I suspect it's a mix of the two, as they're not all thick and some no doubt realise the 'woe is me' card can get some people on their side.

The Daily Mail and Sun tabloids are some of the most widely read newspapers here in the UK, both are right leaning (especially the DM). So there's no silence there. But they'll still piss and moan about being silenced or mocked, while simultaneously pouring scorn on The Guardian and its ilk - despite them having a much lower readership. They'd love nothing more than to see lefty papers going out of existence - but they wouldn't see that as a form of silence.

You can tell The DM and Sun journalists probably don't even believe half the stuff they write, but they know their audience and ensure they cater to them.

Reactions: 4
It's hard to know if they genuinely can't spot it, or if it's wilful ignorance used as an attempt to get more people to agree with them. I suspect it's a mix of the two, as they're not all thick and some no doubt realise the 'woe is me' card can get some people on their side.

The Daily Mail and Sun tabloids are some of the most widely read newspapers here in the UK, both are right leaning (especially the DM). So there's no silence there. But they'll still piss and moan about being silenced or mocked, while simultaneously pouring scorn on The Guardian and its ilk - despite them having a much lower readership.

You can tell The DM and Sun journalists probably don't even believe half the stuff they write, but they know their audience and ensure they cater to them.
Oh for sure, people like Lozza Fox are intelligent guys, they know exactly what they’re doing and they know how to get their worshippers eating out of the palms of their hands.
I used to know someone who is now a senior producer for GBNews and she was a hardcore tory who loved Maggie in the mud Thatcher, but she defo didn’t believe for example that immigrants are the main cause of the UK’s economic problems. The people who make this tit know which type of stories get the general public amped up, they don’t actually believe the vaccine is a death shot at all but they’ll put a debate about it on their channel because they know it’s controversial and gets people watching. They’re just morally corrupt and want to make money lol and real news about what is actually happening in the world isn’t particularly interesting to their readers/viewers.

Oh for sure, people like Lozza Fox are intelligent guys, they know exactly what they’re doing and they know how to get their worshippers eating out of the palms of their hands.
I used to know someone who is now a senior producer for GBNews and she was a hardcore tory who loved Maggie in the mud Thatcher, but she defo didn’t believe for example that immigrants are the main cause of the UK’s economic problems. The people who make this tit know which type of stories get the general public amped up, they don’t actually believe the vaccine is a death shot at all but they’ll put a debate about it on their channel because they know it’s controversial and gets people watching. They’re just morally corrupt and want to make money lol and real news about what is actually happening in the world isn’t particularly interesting to their readers/viewers.
Lozza is intelligent, but there definitely seems to be something a bit wrong with him as well. He seems to have a really nasty, twisted streak in him.

I'm not saying all right leaning people are like that; I just get a really off vibe with him. A lot of his behaviour almost seems self-destructive.

Interesting what you say about that GB News producer - but it makes sense. I've seen some of it, but it's not really a news channel, it's more of a discussion show. At least TalkTV has an accurate title.

On that note: I think a lot of the time, certain people choose to believe this so that they don’t have to do any actual critical thinking or because the reality is scary. It’s easy to blame the immigrants as that involves an easy solution whereas the actual problem is so much bigger and is at a level that us average joes have 0 control over. It’s a lot more palatable to say that immigrants are the reason your child can’t get a school place (which is a legit argument I’ve seen in the past. No lies) because that means you don’t have to think about the layers of the problem like lack of funding, lack of teachers, stricter regulations etc.

i once had someone blame the immigrants for th NHS crisis. When I mentioned other factors, they ignored all of them but jumped on the point of the aging population and shot back with “well what shall we do, let everyone over the age of 70 just die?!” I was stood there like “wow you are seriously a gherkin short of a hamburger aren’t you” 😂

Interesting what you say about that GB News producer - but it makes sense. I've seen some of it, but it's not really a news channel, it's more of a discussion show. At least TalkTV has an accurate title.
This was what put GBNews off my 'hopping' list - for a channel that seems to want to put itself forward as not telling you what to think, the presenters seemed to spend most of their time opinionating at the audience and the times of catching something newsy being shown whilst hopping past were vanishingly rare.

So although it might have changed since then and I don't doubt they show a lot of interesting news pieces it's not in a format that I find useful.
(a.k.a. 'deleted to save space')

Reactions: 2
Lozza is intelligent, but there definitely seems to be something a bit wrong with him as well. He seems to have a really nasty, twisted streak in him.

I'm not saying all right leaning people are like that; I just get a really off vibe with him. A lot of his behaviour almost seems self-destructive.

I suspect Lozza has some, erm, issues that I shouldn't speculate about due to libel laws. ❄🍾

• Haha
This was what put GBNews off my 'hopping' list - for a channel that seems to want to put itself forward as not telling you what to think, the presenters seemed to spend most of their time opinionating at the audience and the times of catching something newsy being shown whilst hopping past were vanishingly rare.

So although it might have changed since then and I don't doubt they show a lot of interesting news pieces it's not in a format that I find useful.
(a.k.a. 'deleted to save space')
Yeah it's rare they have much in the way of balance. The presenter almost always expresses a conversative point of view and there's usually someone who agrees with them and maybe one other who attempts to put forward an opposing argument. The only issue is because it's two against one, there's a 'pile on' effect.

I prefer traditional news where you don't know what the presenter's personal views are and they moderate a discussion between two people with opposing views.

Just catching up here, going back to the hugging and kissing as a greeting between men, it's quite common in French cultures to touch cheeks (not bum, face cheeks) when you meet close friends and family. It might look like a kiss but it's not really. Seeing as Macron is French and Trudeau is from a country that contains lots of French people and traditions it's not really a big deal.

Yeah, he definitely has some serious deeply entrenched hatred, particularly for women.
As others have said, I also get the vibe he likes a bit of the old sniff, especially when he goes on his insane twitter rants lol.
Just catching up here, going back to the hugging and kissing as a greeting between men, it's quite common in French cultures to touch cheeks (not bum, face cheeks) when you meet close friends and family. It might look like a kiss but it's not really. Seeing as Macron is French and Trudeau is from a country that contains lots of French people and traditions it's not really a big deal.
It’s common in so many countries, unfortunately a lot of people making assumptions seem to be looking at it from a very anglocentric point of view. You have to be seriously uncultured to see a french man giving a bisou to another man and automatically assume they’re gay 💀

• Heart
I'd totally do this if it wasn't a bloody 24 hour flight to get there.
I love cryptids and ghostie stuff.
Plus I could eat Tunnock's Tea Cakes until I explode.

I now have this vision of the formal international summit with all the diplomats bumping their bums and presumably the equivalent of the 'air kiss' will look a lot like they are twerking at each other...

Though come to think of it this sounds a lot like one of those traditional mid-european folk dances with all the thigh slapping so maybe the choice of cheek is optional and the current trend is simply because it's easier and the bums one is too much effort and now that I think about it I believe this may in fact be the origin of the expression "can't be arsed".

• Haha
i would too 🤣 i love scotland and loch ness is beautiful!

it is also one of the few things i kinda believe. especially when you get there and see just how dark the water is, how unique the water pressure/type/depth is and the stuff they’ve picked up on sonar etc. i don’t necessarily believe it’s nessie but it is a very “special” body of water so it wouldn’t surprise me if something big was once in there. poor nessie herself can’t still be around at this point though!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I was wondering if the cashless society can be classed as a CT. I was reading the thread on here earlier and it feels like some of the discussion is veering into that territory - with comments about how "they" want us dependent on cards and electronic payments and how we must fight it by using cash.

Like I said there, I still see plenty of people withdrawing and using cash. A lot of CTitsts give the following quote from Orwell when making their arguments:

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

But if I use my eyes and ears to say I don't buy that a cashless society is coming any time soon, based on what I see around me every day, I get told I'm wrong.

i would too 🤣 i love scotland and loch ness is beautiful!

it is also one of the few things i kinda believe. especially when you get there and see just how dark the water is, how unique the water pressure/type/depth is and the stuff they’ve picked up on sonar etc. i don’t necessarily believe it’s nessie but it is a very “special” body of water so it wouldn’t surprise me if something big was once in there. poor nessie herself can’t still be around at this point though!
Don't write the old girl off just yet, coelacanths were thought to be long-extinct until a woman managed to find one in the 30s.
I believe in you, Nessie. 🦕

• Heart
Haha! I was up in Scotland not that long ago. Loch Ness is lovely (we went on a short boat trip out - didn't see Nessie).

I'm sort of in two minds about it... in some ways they've made it very commercial and sometimes it can get uncomfortably busy there. But, on the other hand, I can't really blame them for keeping the mystery there because it brings in a massive chunk of money for the area.

• Heart
Reactions: 2