Anti Conspiracy Theories #6 wakey, wakey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Andrew Bridgen and Christopher Chope constantly argue with anyone who makes comments like that.

I then looked at Chope and Bridgen's profiles on the same website and their voting records show them both to be right wingers. Tell me there's no trend. :)
I've recently posted a rundown of Chope's voting history in Brogan Tate's thread (Chope is one of the local MPs to me and Brogan) - the man is a sexist, racist, homophobic crackpot but keeps getting voted back in because this area has a disproportionate amount of older Tory voters :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6
The previous and sweet looking Lucy letsby the nhs scapegoat is really getting on my tits. I wonder how many of the folks on that thread actually have children, and how many of them prem? 2,3? They've not a bleeping clue.

All 4 of mine were premature, " that's not a healthy baby if it needed oxygen" "that's nice dear but...". One of my twins needed resuscitated at birth and was ventilated for a few hours, her twin a wee bit of cpap and he was grand. That's the reality of a spontaneous 30 week birth, they don't understand what is normal from their perfect little births.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Pop star/rapper Aaron Carter was found dead in his bath. No doubt this will be a CT dream as he was a former child star. Forget the fact that he had well-documented drug and MH issues, someone killed him because he knew too much.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I've recently posted a rundown of Chope's voting history in Brogan Tate's thread (Chope is one of the local MPs to me and Brogan) - the man is a sexist, racist, homophobic crackpot but keeps getting voted back in because this area has a disproportionate amount of older Tory voters :rolleyes:
Chope is deranged. He's always been the same, but people started noticing when he infamously objected to the law which banned upskirting.

His argument was that he doesn't want anything passed without a debate, and to be fair he objects to every other law in that situation as well, but it revealed him and his views to a wider audience.

• Wow
  • Sad
Pop star/rapper Aaron Carter was found dead in his bath. No doubt this will be a CT dream as he was a former child star. Forget the fact that he had well-documented drug and MH issues, someone killed him because he knew too much.
I was a huge fan of his as a teen and followed him until he blocked me recently. He was a very unwell person and I hate that they might use his death for their agenda 😔

• Sad
Why did he block you?
So when he and Mel got back together after they lost custody of Prince, someone commented under Mel’s picture about how they should be focusing on themselves and their son, not their toxic relationship, and I liked it. Next day I was blocked from both accounts. I got rid of all my social media shortly after so I’ve mostly followed the story through the thread here or gossip magazines

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
This guy does a good sum up of the Paul Pelosi attack and how conspiracy theories (backed by Elon Musk) impacted on discussions around it.

Last edited:
The Paul Pelosi stuff was mad. The conspiracy theory about it being a gay hookup gone wrong appeared almost literally instantly after the attack. Completely wild.

The Paul Pelosi stuff was mad. The conspiracy theory about it being a gay hookup gone wrong appeared almost literally instantly after the attack. Completely wild.
Indeed. I suppose they wanted to discredit it and making Pelosi out to be gay added to the salaciousness of it all.

Plus they know that any evidence to the contrary can just be explained away as fake or planted by the left.

Years ago the suggestion would have been intended as a simple cynical remark and got the requisite titter before being forgotten for the momentary humour that it was.

Now of course it's posted, gets a bunch of likes 'for truth' and the repeaters repost it to get some for themselves and the story gains more 'truth' with each wave of propagation.

The whole Pelosi thing made me realise that if tomorrow Tucker Carlson would be filmed shooting innocent children while screaming he is doing for Trump, they will still deny it and say that democrats are behind it. I wasn't impressed by Joe Biden but I did hope American politics might become a bit less crazy after he got elected but now I can see that it won't happen unless things change drastically.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I see Elon Musk is advising Americans to vote Republican, despite saying he wanted Twitter to be politically neutral.

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Sad
I see Elon Musk is advising Americans to vote Republican, despite saying he wanted Twitter to be politically neutral.
Yeah. The House of Representatives controls the purse strings and Republicans have already said they will stop helping Ukraine if they gain the majority. Not good.

Reactions: 2
Two years on from the last US election and my annoying ex *still* sends me crap about what’s going on in America. If I tell him not to send it, he still sends it. Why are these UK based CTs so obsessed with America? We have enough bloody problems here 🙈🤣

Yeah. The House of Representatives controls the purse strings and Republicans have already said they will stop helping Ukraine if they gain the majority. Not good.
That definitely would not be good. How can anyone think that this would help?

Two years on from the last US election and my annoying ex *still* sends me crap about what’s going on in America. If I tell him not to send it, he still sends it. Why are these UK based CTs so obsessed with America? We have enough bloody problems here 🙈🤣

That definitely would not be good. How can anyone think that this would help?
Well that's the point. The GOP/MAGA are all pro Russia. Not sure if it's just for kompromat reasons or oligarch $$$ funding campaign reasons, or both, but they're all in. They're also courting Hungary's Orban, he was a key speaker at CPAC this summer, and hoping to usher in a Christofacist government of their own in the US. So fun stuff all around.

• Wow
Well that's the point. The GOP/MAGA are all pro Russia. Not sure if it's just for kompromat reasons or oligarch $$$ funding campaign reasons, or both, but they're all in. They're also courting Hungary's Orban, he was a key speaker at CPAC this summer, and hoping to usher in a Christofacist government of their own in the US. So fun stuff all around.
Well if they support fascism at home in their own country then it’s no surprise that they support it abroad, too. How depressing(!)

I've noticed, especially on the various covid/vaccine threads, that those who bang on loudest about the media heavily influencing people to get jabs/boosters are the very ones trying in no subtle way to influence people not to get jabbed. This 'anti-influencing' is hypocritical because it manifests the same scare tactics, condescension and peer pressure that it purports to rebel against. Best to ignore it I know as none of us is ever likely to change anyone's mind on such contentious topics. 😔

Reactions: 15
I've noticed, especially on the various covid/vaccine threads, that those who bang on loudest about the media heavily influencing people to get jabs/boosters are the very ones trying in no subtle way to influence people not to get jabbed. This 'anti-influencing' is hypocritical because it manifests the same scare tactics, condescension and peer pressure that it purports to rebel against. Best to ignore it I know as none of us is ever likely to change anyone's mind on such contentious topics. 😔
Yeah, it's a subject that most people will never change their minds on.

I keep away from it all now, as it's such a waste of time. I have my views, others have theirs and that's fine. We're never going to agree so any minute spent discussing it is a minute wasted as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.