Anti Conspiracy Theories #6 wakey, wakey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the words of Josh Widdecombe:
“Weren’t conspiracy theories just a lot more fun in the 90s” (without social media).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I was watching sky news this morning and they interviewed some Americans who still believe trump actually won the election and I thought, why is it that something is always stolen/a lie when it doesn’t suit the agenda or when it’s not way they want

Reactions: 6
“Weren’t conspiracy theories just a lot more fun in the 90s” (without social media).
Not a conspiracy theory as such, but at school I remember hearing the rumour Marilyn manson had a rib removed. Years later online I saw that this was a global rumour, how did it even spread so far back then? Haha

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not a conspiracy theory as such, but at school I remember hearing the rumour Marilyn manson had a rib removed. Years later online I saw that this was a global rumour, how did it even spread so far back then? Haha
Loool so he could suck his own dick? Yeah I heard that one 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Omg at our school it was Ozzy Osbourne 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I also remember this, and how everyone including myself was like "yeah sounds about right" 😂

It's ridiculous. Once again people just made up stories out of whole cloth.
Yeah it is pretty crazy, there's lot of focus on whether he was right or left wing, but when you get to the extremes it's pretty much a horsehoe anyway! If you agree that the attack happened, and that her husband did have skull fractures etc that required surgery, I don't think it really matters what his politics are. The fact was he'd been convinced that an attack on her was justified, for whatever reason.

And if the attack was faked (so I guess husband pretended to have surgery, doctors etc paid off), why get an attacker in there who is politically ambigious?

Reactions: 4
My favourite celeb rumour is that Rodd Stewart sucked off so many navy men he had to get his stomach pumped cause he had that much cum in his body.

Yeah because the likes of Facebook has linked all of the towns village idiots together.

• Haha
My favourite celeb rumour is that Rodd Stewart sucked off so many navy men he had to get his stomach pumped cause he had that much cum in his body.

Yeah because the likes of Facebook has linked all of the towns village idiots together.
Haha that was Marc Almond in my day!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Strange how some CTs and anti-covid vaccine posters are so invested in what/how frequently others post in certain threads. Only those they disagree with mind! Why would anyone care who posts what when? The criticism that more science/medically-minded folk pop on to the vaccine thread, post a couple of times then bugger off is interesting... from my experience... yep, that's accurate. Veni, vidi, fecky-offi I'm afraid 'cos it's too combative and one-sided to foster a true balance of arguments, which is disappointing. But push folk away then complain they're not there... Classic shite.👌 😩😬

Reactions: 11
Don’t worry, you’re not the only one. I was trolled by one of them because I posted on the Madeline McCann thread which apparently I shouldn’t have because I also post on here! This person also went through all my posts and quoted things I’d said on other threads completely out of context (it’s Tattle ffs!) Weird behaviour but what do you expect? 🥱

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Strange how some CTs and anti-covid vaccine posters are so invested in what/how frequently others post in certain threads. Only those they disagree with mind! Why would anyone care who posts what when? The criticism that more science/medically-minded folk pop on to the vaccine thread, post a couple of times then bugger off is interesting... from my experience... yep, that's accurate. Veni, vidi, fecky-offi I'm afraid 'cos it's too combative and one-sided to foster a true balance of arguments, which is disappointing. But push folk away then complain they're not there... Classic shite.👌 😩😬
The amount I’ve seen myself and others who post here slagged off on other threads by CTers is absolutely incredible.
Living in their heads rent free 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
I honestly think it's not worth playing into it. I have in the past and it's pointless because it just fuels it further.

Better to rise above and ignore it all to be honest.

I honestly think it's not worth playing into it. I have in the past and it's pointless because it just fuels it further.

Sounds like the healthiest response Ensay.

I just put them on ignore but reported them too.

I gave up caring about that kind of thing around the time, on GLP, that I was accused of both supporting Hamas and being a Zionist in the same thread 😅

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
This will perplex me forever! We didn't even have social media so how was everyone in on this? :ROFLMAO:
And who started it? Did they every imagine it'd spread that far? It's crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ooh harsh :eek: says I, a drone in the herd of the sheeple :unsure:

They way I look at it is that in the olden days 😇 someone would have to put together something sufficiently coherent 📜 to convince the local crowd (as it were) or be based on a sound enough premise to at least get a fair hearing.

Now all you have to do is make up any old tit* and out of a billion or two people on the internet you are guaranteed to get some to agree. 0.0001% positive response isn't exactly a challenging target but that's a thousand people who you can point at as validation and proof that you've hit the big time spoken your own real truth that only those willing to open their eyes can see.

That's not to say every CT is a load of old bollocks - not by a long shot, but a ridiculously high proportion just don't apply even the most basic of filters like 'exactly what planet is this on'.

* doesn't have to make sense, it just needs to be stated with enough vehemence and conviction, the more you have the truer your truth must be 😎

Funny how "research" always leads to the same right wing sources that spread disinformation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.