Anti Conspiracy Theories #6 wakey, wakey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The problem is they'll say all of the above is fake news.

Another strange thing... on Twitter a 49 year old chef made an admittedly nasty tweet about unvaccinated people dying. Now she's dead and if you go back to that tweet, 99% of the replies are incredibly vile. All crowing about how she died, saying things like "haha good riddance, karma got the witch!"

And I don't understand how people who say they believe in karma think it's OK to laugh and mock her death. Surely they'll get 'bad karma' points for that. Can't they see that? It's a classic example of how twisted their logic is. 🤡

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10

Another strange thing... on Twitter a 49 year old chef made an admittedly nasty tweet about unvaccinated people dying. Now she's dead and if you go back to that tweet, 99% of the replies are incredibly vile. All crowing about how she died, saying things like "haha good riddance, karma got the witch!"

And I don't understand how people who say they believe in karma think it's OK to laugh and mock her death. Surely they'll get 'bad karma' points for that. Can't they see that? It's a classic example of how twisted their logic is. 🤡
It works both ways though. You obviously haven't seen the hermancain award sub on reddit, its bleeping vile and has never been taken down.

• Sad
Reactions: 4

I saw that about the chef dying at 49, awful. Those replies about her death on twitter are vile. Yes she made a nasty tweet about non-vaxxed people - dreadful what she wrote really. But now she's dead. She had covid badly 6 weeks ago - looks likely she's died from heart complications from that infection. Novel virus indeed - we still don't know the full extent of its insidious effects on the vascular system and organs. 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Oh man, I’ve just been with a work colleague at the university, and they said they mentioned at a school function they were teaching a class on climate change, including showing part of the South Pole which has disappeared. They got a whole spiel about how climate change isn’t real and how did they know it had disappeared? “Well… because it’s not there anymore?” “I won’t believe it until I witness it myself.” “What, the vanished bit of the South Pole??”

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Oh man, I’ve just been with a work colleague at the university, and they said they mentioned at a school function they were teaching a class on climate change, including showing part of the South Pole which has disappeared. They got a whole spiel about how climate change isn’t real and how did they know it had disappeared? “Well… because it’s not there anymore?” “I won’t believe it until I witness it myself.” “What, the vanished bit of the South Pole??”
I was going to just do an emoji reaction to your post but there simply wasn't one suitale for how societally/educationally/misinformationally tragic this is.... x

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I see those dastardly fiends of the parliamentary standards committee* saw Andrew Bridgen's appearance in a debate at Westminster Hall on the 24th Oct and decided they had no choice but to travel back in time to 10th Feb to start an investigation into multiple breaches of code and impose a suspension on him just in time to prevent him making that appearance on the 24th, which now therefore never happened, and won't show up in the records now that he has been successfully silenced :eek:

Except possibly for cries of 'infamy, infamy' 😇

So if you can see the following link then you are in the wrong timeline and your entire universe is due to vanish from existence any second now.

* insolent upstarts who frequently question the ethics of elected representatives, how bloody dare they eh!

Reactions: 5
I see those dastardly fiends of the parliamentary standards committee* saw Andrew Bridgen's appearance in a debate at Westminster Hall on the 24th Oct and decided they had no choice but to travel back in time to 10th Feb to start an investigation into multiple breaches of code and impose a suspension on him just in time to prevent him making that appearance on the 24th, which now therefore never happened, and won't show up in the records now that he has been successfully silenced :eek:

Except possibly for cries of 'infamy, infamy' 😇

So if you can see the following link then you are in the wrong timeline and your entire universe is due to vanish from existence any second now.

* insolent upstarts who frequently question the ethics of elected representatives, how bloody dare they eh!
I haven't read it all, but it's interesting how the majority of MPs in that exchange aren't denying vaccine damage exists and agree there should be a full investigation, but also say for the majority the benefit of vaccination outweighs the risk. Sounds perfectly sensible, yet Andrew Bridgen and Christopher Chope constantly argue with anyone who makes comments like that.

I then looked at Chope and Bridgen's profiles on the same website and their voting records show them both to be right wingers. Tell me there's no trend. :)

Reactions: 8
For any podcast people...I've just started listening to Hoaxed.

It follows the almost unbelievable story of a group of international conspiracy theorists who started a hoax about child satanic abuse in Hamptead, of all places. It included coercing children into fake confessions, accusing hundreds of parent/teachers etc of participating, and getting Scotland Yard involved. All the confidential information was released onto the internet and it snowballed from there.

It's pretty incredible how much damage can be done by a group of people with funding and an internet connection.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I think one thing I find really frustrating is that there’s been nowhere near this much money put into research for clotting on the pill- yet it’s been linked to a lot more injury over the years! Can we do both please!

Reactions: 11

It follows the almost unbelievable story of a group of international conspiracy theorists who started a hoax about child satanic abuse in Hamptead, of all places. It included coercing children into fake confessions, accusing hundreds of parent/teachers etc of participating, and getting Scotland Yard involved. All the confidential information was released onto the internet and it snowballed from there.

It's pretty incredible how much damage can be done by a group of people with funding and an internet connection.
Gosh, while that podcast sounds interesting, the subject matter sounds terrifying.

Seems crazy that they wouldn't realise it'd come crashing down, though.

I found this article about the series:

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I'm listening to that as well. Sword and Scale did a story about it a couple of years ago, it's a really good episode and goes a lot more in depth regarding the claims. I can't find it now, I think you have to pay to get earlier episodes.

Reactions: 2
Gosh, while that podcast sounds interesting, the subject matter sounds terrifying.
I found this article about the series:
Yes - I just associate the "cannibal baby killing and eating cult" claims with the US, I was really suprised to hear of something like that taking off here!

Seems crazy that they wouldn't realise it'd come crashing down, though.
Definitely, but it seems like there are generally little consequences for people who do this so why not start a huge conspiracy? It seems like enough individuals believe it to keep perpetuating it though. I can only imagine how difficult it is people the people who were named as involved & their families.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I've been out for most of the day, so I'm just catching up on the news and can see half of Twitter's workforce is seemingly being let go.

Cue lots of right wing Twitter accounts celebrating said job losses and crowing "good riddance" along with lots of other heartless phrases.

And they'll be the same people who decried vaccine mandates and the associated job losses. I, too, was against vaccine mandates, as I didn't feel it was right for people to lose their livelihoods over a medical decision. So I think ALL job losses are sad. Yet so many right wingers are happy to see people losing their jobs when they don't agree with their politics. Heartless.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I just found the episode of Sword and Scale if anyone is interested, it's ep. 51 and it's free. There's way more detail about what the children were told to say. Watching babies being sacrificed and everyone wearing baby skin shoes is just the tip of the iceberg.

I think one thing I find really frustrating is that there’s been nowhere near this much money put into research for clotting on the pill- yet it’s been linked to a lot more injury over the years! Can we do both please!
That's women's health care though which doesn't matter and will always be lowest priority.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Cue lots of right wing Twitter accounts celebrating said job losses and crowing "good riddance" along with lots of other heartless phrases.
They should temper their glee... there is a distinct possibility that corporates might be deserting or reducing what they spend - a number of companies have suspended advertising there until they can see where it's going and if they think it won't be good for their image they will be off.

So there won't be censorship but unless he wants to fund his purchase by himself, he's going to have to make some concessions if he wants the corporate bucks.

Twitter eats money. As far as I am aware it only ever made a profit in 2018 and 2019. On the other hand, he's just bought a massive user database though the per-user price is bonkers.

Reactions: 6
They should temper their glee... there is a distinct possibility that corporates might be deserting or reducing what they spend - a number of companies have suspended advertising there until they can see where it's going and if they think it won't be good for their image they will be off.

So there won't be censorship but unless he wants to fund his purchase by himself, he's going to have to make some concessions if he wants the corporate bucks.

Twitter eats money. As far as I am aware it only ever made a profit in 2018 and 2019. On the other hand, he's just bought a massive user database though the per-user price is bonkers.
Indeed. And Musk will publicly blame the "libs" for its inevitable downfall, whereas he's smart enough to know there are many factors.

Reactions: 3
"It's not about 'right' and 'left'" ... proceeds to push every right wing, Q-Anon, pro-Republican, anti-Democrat CT going.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.