Anti Conspiracy Theories #6 wakey, wakey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was watching BBC Newswatch earlier. There was an item with some criticism of the recent Panorama special on disaster trolls. Marianna Spring (the BBC's disinformation correspondent) is interviewed and responds to that criticism.

For anyone who didn't see it and is interested in taking a look, it starts at 4:15 below:

Reactions: 5
This thread is longer than I can share here, but it's worth the click through to read it all.

Reactions: 12
I was reading a couple of interesting exchanges on Twitter recently between someone who was anti mask and someone who was offering the argument of: "I get you're against them, but surely it's personal choice".

Quite a few of the anti maskers were saying it shouldn't be about personal choice, that there's research masks are harmful and therefore they should be banned.

I just thought it was interesting as a lot of the 'anti' side have at least acknowledged personal choice should play a part (even though they clearly don't want to wear them) but there was definitely more of a shift to banning masks - perhaps emboldened by Musk taking over?

In other words "I believe in freedom, but only freedom to do as I do". Considering anti maskers say they're against tyranny, their desire to ban masks for all sounded quite tyrannical to me...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
The fact they’re still banging on about masks when there haven’t been restrictions or rules about mask wearing in the UK for like a year now is just so sad… move on with your lives, everyone else has!! Sometimes I do actually feel sorry for them tbh, it must be exhausting having your mind continuously occupied with such worries.

Reactions: 17
The fact they’re still banging on about masks when there haven’t been restrictions or rules about mask wearing in the UK for like a year now is just so sad… move on with your lives, everyone else has!! Sometimes I do actually feel sorry for them tbh, it must be exhausting having your mind continuously occupied with such worries.
Yeah the tweets often start with comments like: "I was out shopping today and saw some saddo with his mask on outside!"

And? Who cares? What impact does it have on you? :D

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I agree, they just need something to moan about when actually “freedom” day occurred well over a year ago. I’ve definitely noticed the change in attitude extends to real life too. I haven’t been able to leave my house for some time as I’m unwell but I have to wear a high quality mask for obvious reasons. Last time I went out someone genuinely took a picture of me and laughed- wouldn’t be surprised if I’m on a corner of twitter somewhere!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I agree, they just need something to moan about when actually “freedom” day occurred well over a year ago. I’ve definitely noticed the change in attitude extends to real life too. I haven’t been able to leave my house for some time as I’m unwell but I have to wear a high quality mask for obvious reasons. Last time I went out someone genuinely took a picture of me and laughed- wouldn’t be surprised if I’m on a corner of twitter somewhere!
Sorry to hear that - it sounds like life is tough enough without people mocking you for looking after your health.

Still, hopefully you pay them no mind. I think if someone cares enough about what others choose to do to the point they openly mock, then they must have something going on in their own lives.

Reactions: 9
Ugh! I'm so sorry that happened to you.
I live in a household with a vulnerable adult who was on the shielding list, has had covid recently - and their doctor still advises us to be cautious.

People passing in the street have no idea what anyone's medical health is like.

Reactions: 11
Much as I appreciate ;) Bob Morans pieces as posted on The Other Thread :eek: l normally just the leave comments in my own head where everything sounds funnier anyway (the echo helps)....

The latest one though, be what they don't want you to be, is understandable as a back to basics simple life thing, but then you think about the details of the scene and see even that isn't immune to the depiction having the 'correct' symbology even if the somewhat 'rural gilead' vibe doesn't scream it and it feels like a creepy undercurrent, even if perhaps unintentional.

(yes, handmaid's tale viewer in case that wasn't obvious)

Reactions: 2
Sorry to hear that - it sounds like life is tough enough without people mocking you for looking after your health.

Still, hopefully you pay them no mind. I think if someone cares enough about what others choose to do to the point they openly mock, then they must have something going on in their own lives.
Thank you, you are very right! Honestly I rarely am actually able to leave the house at the moment but on the occasions I can I am more concerned about my safety than anything else. I just find it funny that they are all for freedom of choice until something differs to their choice & also was surprised (at the time) to be openly laughed at away from the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Much as I appreciate ;) Bob Morans pieces as posted on The Other Thread :eek: l normally just the leave comments in my own head where everything sounds funnier anyway (the echo helps)....

The latest one though, be what they don't want you to be, is understandable as a back to basics simple life thing, but then you think about the details of the scene and see even that isn't immune to the depiction having the 'correct' symbology even if the somewhat 'rural gilead' vibe doesn't scream it and it feels like a creepy undercurrent, even if perhaps unintentional.

(yes, handmaid's tale viewer in case that wasn't obvious)
Back to basics... but we'll keep our smartphones and the internet. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Both my son and I have worn masks today, on public transport and at work. We've both had a horrible streaming cold all weekend and we would hate to pass it on to anyone else if we can possibly avoid it. It's the decent thing to do, surely? Not sure why anyone thinks it's ok to point and laugh, but then again, we're now living in a world where protesters rant outside women's healthcare clinics (specifically abortion providers), and where it's apparently acceptable to hound the bereaved on Twitter, to justify anti-vax views. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wore a mask everywhere in the lead up to my wedding. I wasn’t having that tit cancelled for anything!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I wore a mask everywhere in the lead up to my wedding. I wasn’t having that tit cancelled for anything!!
Dare I ask if your beloved spouse also uses that brief description for the most wonderful day of your lives 😇

Also wondering whether the sofa is comfy, suspect you may be finding out soon enough 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Dare I ask if your beloved spouse also uses that brief description for the most wonderful day of your lives 😇

Also wondering whether the sofa is comfy, suspect you may be finding out soon enough 😎
I actually used this exact phrase, pretty much daily. He laughed. And yes, my sofa is excellent for sleeping on- when everyone in the house snores you learn to buy one you can sleep on from an early age ☺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I actually used this exact phrase, pretty much daily. He laughed. And yes, my sofa is excellent for sleeping on- when everyone in the house snores you learn to buy one you can sleep on from an early age ☺
Same here at Baskin Towers although I have to admit I’m one of the culprits. I blame the vax 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m not sure if this is the right place to mention this.
I’ve been searching high and low for a thread about Lainey and Ben, they are primarily Tiktok but I believe they also have YouTube. Their paranormal videos and content is so obviously faked but so many people believe it? 👻
it really makes me question humanity! Has anyone ever looked into this in more detail?
thanks

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.