Anti Conspiracy Theories #6 wakey, wakey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pretty sure the above clot figures don’t even come close to the contraceptive pill ones!

Reactions: 10
I read a CT this week that claims that the war in Ukraine is a ruse to get the British military out of the country (not sure when this is happening) while the people crossing the channel in boats are not really refugees but UN military who are coming to subjugate the UK.

I've no problem with the post by @rainbowlemon especially when the first link contains comments like:

"Meanwhile, some fear their genuine but rare cases are being drowned out by a flurry of people making unproven claims about vaccine damage online"

"There have been 444 cases of blood clots with low platelets out of 49 million AstraZeneca (AZ) doses given, and 81 deaths, although we don't know that all were caused by the vaccine."

"The risk of a healthy but unvaccinated 40-year-old man dying if he catches Covid is about 500 times higher."

"false claims about damage from Covid vaccines have been widely circulated online - and research suggests such claims can increase vaccine hesitancy and put people's lives at risk."

And those spreading false or unproven claims are making it harder for genuine cases to receive recognition, she believes. "Every single ailment that everybody's got over last year, all of a sudden, it's to do with vaccine," Ms Hibbs says."And I think a lot of people have got to understand millions of people every year are diagnosed with illnesses." ..."It doesn't help us."

If we had seen a bit more of that sort of balance from CT-ists then there probably wouldn't have been so many arguments
There were two posts that have since been deleted. I wouldn't have said what I did if the current visible posts were the only ones.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Just to totally change the subject, one of my FAVOURITE conspiracy theories ever was the one about Louis Thomlinson’s baby being faked to hide his relationship with Harry Styles. It’s just reared it’s head on my Pinterest again lol.
This takes me back to being a teenager with the Larry conspiracy theories running rife on tumblr and twitter 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This takes me back to being a teenager with the Larry conspiracy theories running rife on tumblr and twitter 😂
Teenage girls can be bleeping mental can't they 😂 I'm glad Tumblr wasn't around in my day or I'd have been allllllllll over that - Backstreet Boys were my thing! Related: plenty of shady stuff around Aaron Carter...

Reactions: 5
Teenage girls can be bleeping mental can't they 😂 I'm glad Tumblr wasn't around in my day or I'd have been allllllllll over that - Backstreet Boys were my thing! Related: plenty of shady stuff around Aaron Carter...
Omg I was obsessed with him. He recently blocked me on Instagram but I was super invested in what was happening with him, Mel and his son. I wonder if he was one of Michael Jackson’s victims??

Reactions: 2
It's been a while since I heard anything about 'top lawyer' Reiner Fuellmich and his plans to sue everybody and his brother in what he modestly called "Nuremberg 2" trials for 'crimes against humanity' related to the Covid vaccine. Understandably he was lauded by CT-ists near and far.

Reiner was spokesman for the Corona Investigative Committee. I say was because in September they parted ways after he was accused of misappropriating 1.3 million euros from CIC funds. Grifters gotta grift.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Reiner was spokesman for the Corona Investigative Committee. I say was because in September they parted ways after he was accused of misappropriating 1.3 million euros from CIC funds. Grifters gotta grift.
Obviously denied, no idea if its true or not though TBH don't care, it's the entertainment value that's important!

Accusations hurled back at the accuser - of insanity, apparently several psychologists agree...

Extra fun to be had for seeing that his next venture is apparently the International Crimes Investigative Committee, the ICIC which one immediately spots as being quite handy if one has a cheque payable to CIC, one might accidentally insert an 'I' and lead to the money inadvertently 'resting' in his account.

Also cheap for updating stationery, business cards etc, if that's the plan it's dead cunning and I wish I'd thought of it first!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Amazing how many 'awake' people are eventually busted as grifters and snake oil peddlers. This one, Chef Pete Evans, is a bellend extraordinaire who managed to lose his top rating gig on My Kitchen Rules for being a purveyor of misinformation and ripping off vulnerable people.

• Wow
I appreciate what you’re saying and agree, but for me I’m not really interested in anecdotal stories from people who claim to know people who died from taking a vaccine or people who claim that they’re vaccine injured, however I am very interested to see actual studies and statistics which reflect this supposed large number of vaccine related deaths which people seem to be worried about.
I just hate the black-and-white of it all really. You've either had the vaccine and pro-vax, nobody can ever be hurt by it or you haven't and your anti-every vaccine out there. So many people don't seem to be able to find any grey area. I'd much rather see studies and statistics also, it'd be interesting to see what is relevant in terms of the vaccine and what has been blown out of proportion. Not going to pretend every anecdotal case is real obviously but I'd hate to be suffering from a genuine side effect and have people calling me an anti-vaxxer for spreading awareness, that's more what I meant.

I'm also really keen to see more long-term data on these vaccines. It'll mean waiting but I'm interested to see what comes of future studies.

But what do people class as vaccine injury? Since 1988 haven’t there been something like 410 proven cases linked with life-limiting conditions following vaccination- which would be what I would personally class as vaccine injury. As I said above I’ve never met anyone who has been vaccine injured but I don’t know whether that’s because I consider my scope too narrow… I mean I wouldn’t class a fever or a headache that needed paracetamol as a vaccine injury, for example.
According to the government, you'd be entitled for a vaccine injury payout if you end up at least 60% disabled.

'Disablement is worked out as a percentage, and ‘severe disablement’ means at least 60% disabled.
This could be a mental or physical disablement and will be based on medical evidence from the doctors or hospitals involved in your treatment.'

Have no idea what 60% disabled means or how they calculate it... surely you're either disabled or not. 😅

• Heart
I don’t think anyone on here has ever downright denied that vaccine injuries can, and have, occurred. The “problem” we have is that we are a bit nerdy and like to see facts, figures and evidence. I object to being called names because I don’t try to link every death happening to the Covid vaccine or being looked down on because I can’t see that the war in Ukraine isn’t happening and that Putin and Trump are the good guys.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I don’t think anyone on here has ever downright denied that vaccine injuries can, and have, occurred. The “problem” we have is that we are a bit nerdy and like to see facts, figures and evidence. I object to being called names because I don’t try to link every death happening to the Covid vaccine or being looked down on because I can’t see that the war in Ukraine isn’t happening and that Putin and Trump are the good guys.
Talking to my mum she definitely unfortunately believes nobody has had adverse effects or died. Some people really don't know the facts and are just blindly speaking their opinions (like my mum). I like to see facts, figures, and evidence too, the way I see it is that it is always the best way to make up your mind on something. Too many people though only choose to believe facts that align with their preconceived ideas which is unfortunate.

And I'm coming for nobody I've seen it in both threads, on both sides, esp on Twitter which is a cesspit for people whose minds are so closed to other possible opportunities even if they are fact-based. 😅

I object to anyone attacking each other, it's simply not needed and helps no one. Sorry to hear you've been called names, me too and it sucks. <3

• Heart
Have no idea what 60% disabled means or how they calculate it... surely you're either disabled or not. 😅
Maybe by the rule of nines? Each major body bit is nine percent, with the remaining one percent being one's very personal personal area.

Something along those lines, though not all nine percents are equal, e.g. loss one's head can sometimes cause a degradation in functional efficiency far greater than the raw data might seem to imply.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I just hate the black-and-white of it all really. You've either had the vaccine and pro-vax, nobody can ever be hurt by it or you haven't and your anti-every vaccine out there. So many people don't seem to be able to find any grey area. I'd much rather see studies and statistics also, it'd be interesting to see what is relevant in terms of the vaccine and what has been blown out of proportion. Not going to pretend every anecdotal case is real obviously but I'd hate to be suffering from a genuine side effect and have people calling me an anti-vaxxer for spreading awareness, that's more what I meant.

I'm also really keen to see more long-term data on these vaccines. It'll mean waiting but I'm interested to see what comes of future studies.
It's definitely become very polarised at times. I try to keep out of it as much as I can now, because I feel we've got to the point where few of us will change our minds unless something very reliable comes to light. Until then it just feels like the same few opinions being repeated and nothing really comes of it.

Plus - like it or not - unfortunately it can lead to people being rude to those they disagree with. I'm not just talking about here, I've seen it on other forums, Facebook, Twitter, etc. I have at times got defensive myself, but I think that's because I put a lot of thought into what I wanted to do, yet sometimes get people acting like I was stupid for making the choice I did. I don't think anyone appreciates that type of accusation, regardless of the choice they've made - and that obviously doesn't just apply to vaccines.

I think the anonymity of online discussions adds to it. I've had very few vaccine discussions 'in real life' but the few I've had have been respectful - as are pretty much any discussions I have in person are. Maybe it's because tone of voice is important in such discussions (ie you know someone who's disagreeing isn't doing so in a hectoring way).

I do think discussions are important, though. At times I've told friends and family about some of the discussions I've had online about vaccines and they think I'm strange for even engaging. They'll say things like "Why do you bother? Let them get on with it", but I've always said discussing different viewpoints is important. Some call me close-minded for sticking to my view, but I think the real close-minded ones are those who won't even entertain the idea of discussing their opinions.

• Heart
Agree, Ensay, it can be so combative at times - I recognise that in myself too but with me it manifests in frustration, not name-calling, just as I'd try not to be offensive in real life conversations. Certain posters have no compunction in calling posts they disagree with, or their authors, 'stupid', or worse. Then if people can't take the actual or tacit abuse they need to 'lighten up'/'get a sense of humour'. Classic forum gaslighting techniques, unfortunately. 🙁

I think varied discussion is really important but the vaccine thread is difficult now. Linking every celebrity death to the covid vaccine, spreading scaremongering and anti-(covid) vax influencer youtube links and tweets more so than anything on the counterbalanced argument. On the CT thread linking that dreadful mass crowd crush deaths tragedy in Seoul tonight to the jabs, ffs! The real harm is propagating at best tenuous or at worst shotgun mis-information. Especially as it muddies the waters when bonafide info comes along from whatever source. Very depressing. I do wish different viewpoints could talk to each other without sarcasm and insults.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
To demand measured responses from both sides is quite a thing when it’s the anti-vax movement who’s making that impossible? Of course people with the rare, genuine vaccine injuries need to get help and care and need to be heard. But after years of anti-vaxxers screaming that all vaccines are bad and deadly, it’s THEIR fault that people who have genuinely suffered aren’t being taken seriously.

• Heart
To demand measured responses from both sides is quite a thing when it’s the anti-vax movement who’s making that impossible? Of course people with the rare, genuine vaccine injuries need to get help and care and need to be heard. But after years of anti-vaxxers screaming that all vaccines are bad and deadly, it’s THEIR fault that people who have genuinely suffered aren’t being taken seriously.
Exactly, I do think it’s a bit rich to complain that people who are ‘pro vaccine’ don’t listen to the antivaxers enough when the only thing any of us are supposedly guilty of is trusting what professionals with years of experience behind them say, compared to most of antivaxers who literally believe the most mental tit like bill gates is trying to put a microchip in my arm and no one can tell me otherwise.

Reactions: 11
Exactly, I do think it’s a bit rich to complain that people who are ‘pro vaccine’ don’t listen to the antivaxers enough when the only thing any of us are supposedly guilty of is trusting what professionals with years of experience behind them say, compared to most of antivaxers who literally believe the most mental tit like bill gates is trying to put a microchip in my arm and no one can tell me otherwise.
I don’t know how to word this properly so forgive me. The term “pro vaccine” imo is kind of misleading too and I feel like it was one of those things that was coined by the opposite movement to imply that we’re pro any vaccine and just blindly injecting ourselves with anything. Most of us aren’t pro vaccines, we’re pro science, medical knowledge and people having the freedom to choose. The pro life movement I feel like did the same thing. They made pro choice seem like it was pro abortion when reality was that it was pro people having a choice

Last edited:
  • Heart
I don’t know how to word this properly so forgive me. The term “pro vaccine” imo is kind of misleading too and I feel like it was coined by anti vaxxers to I imply that we’re pro any vaccine and just blindly injecting ourselves with anything. Most of us aren’t pro vaccines, we’re pro science, medical knowledge and people having the freedom to choose. The pro life movement I feel like did the same thing. They made pro choice seem like it was pro abortion when reality was that it was pro people having a choice
Exactly, it’s bleeping stupid black and white thinking. It’s even a bit silly to refer to the ‘covid vaccine’ as well because it’s like, well which one? Are you talking about the Astrzeneca or the Pfizer vaccine because they’re not the same thing and both work completely differently lol.

Reactions: 7
I'd call myself pro-vaccine as in preventative shots for children. I had a lot of my vaccines early as my family emigrated to Australia when I was four.
I grew up in the 70s and 80s when it was just regarded as normal to have your children vaxxed against childhood diseases. The worst 'injury' any of my peers had was a sore arm.

IMO a lot of ant-vax parents are being influenced by so-called lifestyle gurus who refuse to give their children something proven to prevent diseases such as polio and rubella which can affect a child's future development.

These influencer gurus are all about lining their own pockets, they host 'workshops' at $250 a pop and sell purple healing rice for $70 a bag, all without the hindrance of having any medical qualifications. They couldn't care less if someone's child gets a serious illness that could've been prevented with a simple trip to a clinic.

Check out Taylor Winterstein for an example of a money-grubbing con artist pretending to be a caring person concerned for children's health. Utter pond slime.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.