Anti Conspiracy Theories #6 wakey, wakey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And if you’re CT, you can be as nasty as you like, but if anyone who disagrees is nasty back, it’s evidence of how sneering, rude and closed minded they are…

• Heart
Reactions: 13
And if you’re CT, you can be as nasty as you like, but if anyone who disagrees is nasty back, it’s evidence of how sneering, rude and closed minded they are…
Yep, and they ALWAYS follow it up with "be kind" 🙄🙄🙄 when they're the least kind people you could experience!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I just think that some of the outraged and shocked comments I’ve seen on social media about this UK emergency alert thing have really demonstrated how clueless a lot of them are about life in general 😂. They seem to know nothing about how the world works.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I just think that some of the outraged and shocked comments I’ve seen on social media about this UK emergency alert thing have really demonstrated how clueless a lot of them are about life in general 😂. They seem to know nothing about how the world works.
Exactly - imagine if their houses flooded and they hadn't had advance warning, that would be the government's fault. They're so inconsistent. Government shouldn't interfere but then the same people would then want compensation from government when they bought a house on a flood plain or beside a river. The lack of reasoning is incredible and yet they think they're so clever.

Also as someone who works in the civil service, it makes me laugh that they think there are conspiracy theories at play. I mean nothing moves quickly, people rarely all agree and the thought that thousands of people are sitting plotting and successfully rolling anything out is hilarious!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Exactly - imagine if their houses flooded and they hadn't had advance warning, that would be the government's fault. They're so inconsistent. Government shouldn't interfere but then the same people would then want compensation from government when they bought a house on a flood plain or beside a river. The lack of reasoning is incredible and yet they think they're so clever.

Also as someone who works in the civil service, it makes me laugh that they think there are conspiracy theories at play. I mean nothing moves quickly, people rarely all agree and the thought that thousands of people are sitting plotting and successfully rolling anything out is hilarious!
no but for real!! It makes me laugh when some random person on Facebook is worried the government is tracking them. How many times have terror attacks/atrocities happened and it turns out they were on the government’s at risk list? They can’t even successfully track the people who are a legitimate threat, they really aren’t tracking Claire on Facebook whose routine involves the school run and chatting to the neighbour over the fence about the nice weather 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Tbh as far as I can see the risk factors for being a CTer tend to be a low level of education and a sense of general resentment, low levels of trust and a defensive ego.

When the resentment is aimed at both the system and other people, and they don’t like facing their own lack of education, that’s where they tend to blossom into conspiracy theorists. They isolate themselves from others, especially people/sources that know more than they do, and that enables them to preserve their delusion. Some of them are also in denial about their own mortality IMO.

I think they are intimidated by the complexity of certain issues and rather trying to learn to understand or put their hands up and admit they don’t know, they create a fiction where they understand it all and other people are the sheep. It’s like the idea of a napoleon complex except with intelligence rather than height
I think there are multiple factors which tend to make people susceptible to conspiracy theories but not all are present in every CT-ist. So yes, lack of education can be a factor, feelings of oppression and lack of control too. I've personally seen examples of people who carry a huge resentment for things that life has dealt them, from loss of a business to death of a relative, it seems they have to find someone to blame. In the cases I know; the government because of legislation that was passed which affected their business and the hospital where the relative died. These then spun out into wider CTs. I also think that some CT-ists have been victims of harm or abuse in their earlier lives and their understandable trust issues and suspicion of people has similarly spun out into wider CTs.

N.B for the hard of thinking that may be reading this, I don't think that every CT-ist has experienced abuse or is emotionally damaged in some way or that everyone that experiences abuse or other emotional issues becomes a CT-ist.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think there are multiple factors which tend to make people susceptible to conspiracy theories but not all are present in every CT-ist. So yes, lack of education can be a factor, feelings of oppression and lack of control too. I've personally seen examples of people who carry a huge resentment for things that life has dealt them, from loss of a business to death of a relative, it seems they have to find someone to blame. In the cases I know; the government because of legislation that was passed which affected their business and the hospital where the relative died. These then spun out into wider CTs. I also think that some CT-ists have been victims of harm or abuse in their earlier lives and their understandable trust issues and suspicion of people has similarly spun out into wider CTs.

N.B for the hard of thinking that may be reading this, I don't think that every CT-ist has experienced abuse or is emotionally damaged in some way or that everyone that experiences abuse or other emotional issues becomes a CT-ist.
The thing is, the current UK government IS really bad and most people can recognize that (even though the CTists love to make out what anyone who doesn’t believe in CTs must love the government), so I don’t know if it’s that.
Those who actually live in reality already know that the tory government has been shafting the UK every single day ever since they first got into power over 10 years ago. Look at the NHS, it’s practically non functioning and none of you can get a GP appointment. Public services have been run into the ground, the justice system has had money siphoned out of it, there’s no funding for SEN kids or resources in schools, benefits have been cut, vulnerable and disabled people can’t access support, millions are queueing up outside foodbanks, old people are freezing to death in their own homes, wages have stagnated and strikes going on left right and centre… When you compare it to other similarly developed countries, the standard of living in the UK is utterly appalling and is still continuing to fall.
You wanna know what the real “distraction” is? It’s literally the conspiracy theories themselves lmao, because while people are sat on social media bleating on about bigfarma or whatever the conspiracy flavour of the month is, the government just carry on destroying the nation 😂. It’s like someone said yesterday, they seem to realize that the government is terrible but instead of recognizing the real bad things that they do, they make up these weird fairy stories instead?

I agree, I think some of them actually struggle with reality so rely on the idea of larger power working in the shadows in order to deal with some of lifes chaos. Not looking to start a debate on it, but as an atheist I feel similarly about some religious people and their reasoning for following it.
---
They all validate each others behaviour so that is why they think it's OK. Herd mentality, oddly enough.

Reactions: 6
The thing is, the current UK government IS really bad and most people can recognize that (even though the CTists love to make out what anyone who doesn’t believe in CTs must love the government), so I don’t know if it’s that.
Those who actually live in reality already know that the tory government has been shafting the UK every single day ever since they first got into power over 10 years ago. Look at the NHS, it’s practically non functioning and none of you can get a GP appointment. Public services have been run into the ground, the justice system has had money siphoned out of it, there’s no funding for SEN kids or resources in schools, benefits have been cut, vulnerable and disabled people can’t access support, millions are queueing up outside foodbanks, old people are freezing to death in their own homes, wages have stagnated and strikes going on left right and centre… When you compare it to other similarly developed countries, the standard of living in the UK is utterly appalling and is still continuing to fall.
You wanna know what the real “distraction” is? It’s literally the conspiracy theories themselves lmao, because while people are sat on social media bleating on about bigfarma or whatever the conspiracy flavour of the month is, the government just carry on destroying the nation 😂. It’s like someone said yesterday, they seem to realize that the government is terrible but instead of recognizing the real bad things that they do, they make up these weird fairy stories instead?
Oh this was years ago and although I can't remember all the details I seem to remember the change that the government bought in was fairly benign and even mildly positive from a consumers point of view but it was enough to push his already shaky business over the edge. I don't think he ever had a proper job again. This led to debts and other pressures which simply pushed him further in to looking for someone to blame. Eventually he went the whole hog of conspiracy theories, common law, Magna Carta, satanic abuse you name it especially when he found he could monetise his rambling YT videos. I lost touch with him but he's probably still at it.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
they don’t trust the “intellectual elite” so naturally, sensitive and thorough criticisms of the absolute nonsense the government is doing are going to fall on deaf ears

Reactions: 5
Oh this was years ago and although I can't remember all the details I seem to remember the change that the government bought in was fairly benign and even mildly positive from a consumers point of view but it was enough to push his already shaky business over the edge. I don't think he ever had a proper job again. This led to debts and other pressures which simply pushed him further in to looking for someone to blame. Eventually he went the whole hog of conspiracy theories, common law, Magna Carta, satanic abuse you name it especially when he found he could monetise his rambling YT videos. I lost touch with him but he's probably still at it.
Yeah I get you. A lot of them are definitely looking for something else to blame for their own personal short comings and struggles.
Much easier to put the responsibility on ‘them’ (whoever they are) than to just accept your own failures… 🙃
---
they don’t trust the “intellectual elite” so naturally, sensitive and thorough criticisms of the absolute nonsense the government is doing are going to fall on deaf ears
Yet they do trust strangers on the internet who send them grainy screenshots of messages from telegram groups claiming that their phones are about to be set to brain frying mode by the government 😅

Yeah I get you. A lot of them are definitely looking for something else to blame for their own personal short comings and struggles.
Much easier to put the responsibility on ‘them’ (whoever they are) than to just accept your own failures… 🙃
---

Yet they do trust strangers on the internet who send them grainy screenshots of messages from telegram groups claiming that their phones are about to be set to brain frying mode by the government 😅
Like this forwarded message I received on WhatsApp about Sunday’s emergency alert system test (copied as received. I’m not Fatima, nor do I know who Fatima is)

Assalamu alaikum, Fatima.

Please pass this on to your family and friends in the UK and take care. ❤

Please, please, take note of this for the coming Sunday 23rd April 2023.....

.....From: Jonathan Miller
UK Freedom Alliance

NATIONWIDE ALARM
Sunday 23rd April from 2-4pm, just in case.

APPLY CRITICAL THINKING
They are doing the alarm thing on Sunday yes.

Well:-
There are 97.23 million mobile connections in the UK,
85.01m active mobile devices and 12.22m connected things.

98% of the adult population have a mobile phone, making 1.37 active connections per head of population.

Now imagine all them going off at once all at the same time and you have an ideal opportunity to harm a lot of people without it being obvious by switching up the 5g frequency.

Now they will have to send a massive boosted frequency and 5g wave across the Uk at the exact same time to reach every phone.

Now trust me now when I say turn them off before 3pm on that day .
That frequency or wave will be extremely high for it to happen at the exact same time and extremely damaging to your brain.

They are not testing the alarm they are testing the magnitude of the frequency and the impact of the wave on us. We are all guinea pigs

It goes without saying that you need to disable your phone from even receiving this signal.

How do you do this?
On most smart phones

Go to settings - notifications - advanced settings- wireless emergency alerts - switch off alerts.

Switch off All phones

Switch off and unplug wireless networks. Ie broadband

Switch off anything that can receive a wireless signal in your home and unplug it. All unnecessary electrical equipment must be switched off.

Get out of the house but trust me stay away from large crowds like pubs, cinemas, restaurants and shops.

What you will witness will not be a natural occurrence . It will be man made.

I have it on very sound advice that we must stay away as far away from other people as possible. Go to moors, woodland etc woodland is good as the trees will protect you from the wave.
Natural-not good. 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I agree, I think some of them actually struggle with reality so rely on the idea of larger power working in the shadows in order to deal with some of lifes chaos. Not looking to start a debate on it, but as an atheist I feel similarly about some religious people and their reasoning for following it.
---

They all validate each others behaviour so that is why they think it's OK. Herd mentality, oddly enough.
You’ve reminded me of a brilliant quote by the writer Alan Moore.

“The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory, is that conspiracy theorists believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is actually chaotic. The truth is that it is not The Iluminati, or The Jewish Banking Conspiracy, or the Gray Alien Theory.

The truth is far more frightening - Nobody is in control.

The world is rudderless.”

• Heart
Like this forwarded message I received on WhatsApp about Sunday’s emergency alert system test (copied as received. I’m not Fatima, nor do I know who Fatima is)
Should we mark ourself on Facebook as safe from the 5G wave? How many texts were sent on sunday vs at midnight New Year’s Eve when everyone texts all their friends happy new year and they crash all the networks?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just a thought, most CTs I've come across claim they don't own a smart phone so why are they losing their minds over an alert on a device they don't have?
Unless they're big fat phonies and are lying about their CT street credibility...

Just a thought, most CTs I've come across claim they don't own a smart phone so why are they losing their minds over an alert on a device they don't have?
Unless they're big fat phonies and are lying about their CT street credibility...
I’ve seen several claim they don’t own smartphones, then post screenshots taken from smartphones… but who the hell am I to ask questions? 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 8
In the thread about the alerts there’s literally a person who lived in New Zealand going “why are you all so stressed? They’ve had it for years and used it a few times it’s literally no big deal?” The rest of the world must see threads like that and think the U.K. have lost their damn minds. £40 million for a coronation but now money for teachers/nurses and now this…

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.