Anti Conspiracy Theories #6 wakey, wakey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I liked when we thought the Royal family were lizards, or they faked the moon landing.
My current favourite “no one gets hurt” CT is that Lea Michele can’t read 😭😂 absolutely hilarious

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I liked when we thought the Royal family were lizards, or they faked the moon landing.
My current favourite “no one gets hurt” CT is that Lea Michele can’t read 😭😂 absolutely hilarious
I’m ashamed to say that the faked moon landing is the only CT that I have ever semi believed in 💀

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ooh, I heard a new one I really like. The kids film 'Frozen' was only written and produced so when people search 'Disney Frozen' they get stories about the
movie instead of rumours about Walt Disney being cryogenically preserved. ❄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Ooh, I heard a new one I really like. The kids film 'Frozen' was only written and produced so when people search 'Disney Frozen' they get stories about the
movie instead of rumours about Walt Disney being cryogenically preserved. ❄
Oh that’s such a good one! Ooh or the one that Stevie Wonder isn’t blind!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m ashamed to say that the faked moon landing is the only CT that I have ever semi believed in 💀
Haha right? I just can't comprehend no one has been back since the early 70s. The reasons given are political and financial. Apparently the US needed to flex more because of the cold war, but arguably the need to 'show off' technical ability and stuff is even more important now with the rise of the East. Monetary wise NASA get less than they did then, but surely if they had the tech it wouldn't be as expensive to go back as it was to originally develop and test it etc, plus lots of people would invest I bet given the interest of a lot of wealthy people in space. I don't think it's impossible and am open minded but I just can't get my head around it.

I don't believe the pop culture ones but find them interesting to read, avril lavigne being replaced is probably my favourite.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Haha right? I just can't comprehend no one has been back since the early 70s. The reasons given are political and financial. Apparently the US needed to flex more because of the cold war, but arguably the need to 'show off' technical ability and stuff is even more important now with the rise of the East. Monetary wise NASA get less than they did then, but surely if they had the tech it wouldn't be as expensive to go back as it was to originally develop and test it etc, plus lots of people would invest I bet given the interest of a lot of wealthy people in space. I don't think it's impossible and am open minded but I just can't get my head around it.

I don't believe the pop culture ones but find them interesting to read, avril lavigne being replaced is probably my favourite.
I do think that if nobody had been to the moon back then, somebody would have surely been by now?

Reactions: 6
There’s no need to go back- we know everything about it 🤷‍♀️ it’s not like other spaces we need to keep visiting to learn more… it’s literally just a big ole rock.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I do think that if nobody had been to the moon back then, somebody would have surely been by now?
True that!
The US only fast tracked their program so Russia wouldn't get there first. There were a few deaths on both sides during the Space Race that could've been avoided if it wasn't turned into a pissing contest. There's audio of a Russian cosmonaut losing his tit when he realises he's about to die out there all alone. It's frightening and spooky to listen to.

• Sad
Reactions: 9

I defo struggled with the timescale of it tbh, like the fact that the first trans Atlantic non stop flight happened in 1919 and then less than 40 years later the Russians start chucking satellites into space, and then about 10 years later someone is literally walking on the moon is absolutely bizarree when you think about it 😅!
The only reason I stopped believing it was fake was because I told older adults about it (I was still a child when I believed this) and they were like erm… we literally saw it happen in real time?! Haha.
Also don’t be ashamed. I nearly fell for the anti vaccine propaganda
I have to admit, the antivax propaganda in particular can be very convincing and I can see how easily some people can get wrapped up in it. Like, I’m literally a student pharmacist (so I’m basically pretty much considered spawn of satan to the average CTist) and I know more than anyone that vaccines are a safe and effective way to prevent disease, yet sometimes I see tit online and even I’m like 👀👀👀 even though I know it’s utter bollocks. So I agree, I don’t think anyone should feel ashamed if they ever realize that they’ve been tricked by some of the propaganda out there, a lot of it is very emotive and designed to frighten you into believing it.

• Heart
When it comes to the moon landing, I just think how many people would have had to be involved in the lie and I think it's impossible for no one to have said anything in all this time.

I can see how it appeals to people who believe the earth is flat, though, as it comes from the same school of thought that there's some sinister reason for governments to lie to us about our world and even the moon we see in the sky.

I suppose it's an extension of "if I can't see it with my eyes, I won't believe it".

Reactions: 10
When it comes to the moon landing, I just think how many people would have had to be involved in the lie and I think it's impossible for no one to have said anything in all this time.

I can see how it appeals to people who believe the earth is flat, though, as it comes from the same school of thought that there's some sinister reason for governments to lie to us about our world and even the moon we see in the sky.

I suppose it's an extension of "if I can't see it with my eyes, I won't believe it".
The worst part is, you don’t really need a great understanding of science to know that the earth isn’t flat. If you’ve ever seen a plane coming towards you that looks like it’s taking off despite the fact that it’s far too high to be in the process of taking off (you can literally check the altitude on any flight tracker app), then that should tell you that the reason it looks like it’s going up even though it isn’t is because it’s coming over the horizon because the earth is literally round 🫣.
It’s tit like this which makes me think, do these CTists ever leave the bleeping house and actually look at the world around them? Or do they just sit there on social media mindlessly consuming and believing every single CT that the algorithm pumps out, regardless of whether or not it has any basis in reality at all?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The worst part is, you don’t really need a great understanding of science to know that the earth isn’t flat. If you’ve ever seen a plane coming towards you that looks like it’s taking off despite the fact that it’s far too high to be in the process of taking off (you can literally check the altitude on any flight tracker app), then that should tell you that the reason it looks like it’s going up even though it isn’t is because it’s coming over the horizon because the earth is literally round 🫣.
It’s tit like this which makes me think, do these CTists ever leave the bleeping house and actually look at the world around them? Or do they just sit there on social media mindlessly consuming and believing every single CT that the algorithm pumps out, regardless of whether or not it has any basis in reality at all?
Yeah I remember when someone posted a video of scientists vs flat earthers. The confidence the flat earthers spoke with was something to behold. Even when scientists gave evidence of the earth being round (similar to the kind of thing you've said above) they still confidently told the scientists they were wrong. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My usual response to the Moon Landing Deniers is this... (there's a few other Apollo missions on this website) - with audio and (some) video, from beginning to end: https://apolloinrealtime.org/11/ (it even has a transcript)

Seems like a lot of effort for a fake moon landing! Not to mention the limited technology we had at the time, which makes it even more astonishing. Must have been a huge undertaking compiling that webpage, never mind the momentous feat itself.

It's actually quite emotional watching and listening from beginning to end (even though you know how it turns out), and strangely intimate, because you're hearing the conversations between astronauts in their down time, as well as when they're doing set tasks and reporting back to Mission Control. Partly because the context is something very few of us will ever know anything about, but also because you wonder how they must feel being up in space, with only another two humans for company, and a tenuous link to Earth (their radio link often gets crackly and goes out of range)

Strangely eerie they were there knowing things could go wrong at any minute, and being aware the risks involved (the Apollo 1 pre-launch, and the recording of Gus Grissom's voice as they died of asphixiation, will haunt me forever - it only happened a few years before the moon landing mission).

I actually developed a bit of a crush on Michael Collins (RIP) - he had a very amiable and dry sense of humour. I read and immersed myself in it all, during the 50th anniversary celebrations in 2019 (lots of TV programmes, articles, Youtube videos, books, etc, came out around that time).
---

Strangely eerie they were there knowing things could go wrong at any minute, and being aware the risks involved (the Apollo 1 pre-launch, and the recording of Gus Grissom's voice as they died of asphixiation, will haunt me forever - it only happened a few years before the moon landing mission)
Actually, I'll correct myself, it was Ed White (who was a good friend of Buzz Aldrin's) and Roger Chaffee's voices as well https://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/apollo1info.html Tragedies such as these remind us how brave these men were.

Last edited:
  • Heart
The newspapers reporting several deaths now as 'died suddenly' are really getting on my wick. They never used that word prior to the DS movement. It seems to me they're deliberately using the phrase as clickbait to gain readers, which inevitably only adds fuel to the unfounded vaccine/mass deaths conspiracy. This ironically detracts from genuine cases of vaccine injury which aren't taken as seriously because of these anti-covid vax suspicions surrounding every single person's death. Christ, did no one ever die before now?! Even the Guardian's at it... 🙁😬

Reactions: 8
The newspapers reporting several deaths now as 'died suddenly' are really getting on my wick. They never used that word prior to the DS movement. It seems to me they're deliberately using the phrase as clickbait to gain readers, which inevitably only adds fuel to the unfounded vaccine/mass deaths conspiracy. This ironically detracts from genuine cases of vaccine injury which aren't taken as seriously because of these anti-covid vax suspicions surrounding every single person's death. Christ, did no one ever die before now?! Even the Guardian's at it... 🙁😬
What's the DS movement?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.