Anti Conspiracy Theories #6 wakey, wakey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Phew, you’ve not carked it then, MCM. I was getting a bit jittery as I had my vax around the same time as you!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think the point is about categorisation and thresholds - a grouping like 'has a heart problem' could mean anything from something only visible using the machine that goes ping, all the way up to needing some sort of device to make it through the day.
Yes this is exactly what I meant - words like 'heart abnormality' are so broad as to be meaningless without further clarification.

---

Adjacent 'fun' fact - I have a friend who walked round for 26 years with a hole in her heart (PFO for those interested) during which time she had at least 3 other operations and gave birth to a healthy child. It only was discovered after baby 2 when she suddenly became very unwell. So perhaps if she'd never had children, she could have been ignorant of this her whole life.

Reactions: 3
I'm always amused by the big influencers failing th basic due diligence, one I see got very eggcited in the scramble to crack open a big story about a certain foodstuff that shall remain nameless*, I re-did my own cursory search on the subject only to find someone has already done the full works on it...

(possible raised eyebrows at the source but a good writeup)
Very basicslly a story rehashed from one last year that was already a rehash of one from 2017.

* the real conspiracy is revealed by their presence in the dairy section. Unquestionable proof that they come from cows, so we can deduce that there's no such thing as chickens and therefore by logical inference, no such thing as bird flu which was invented as a means of controlling the sheep 😎

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Ah sorry I forgot the first bit of my post was about the pilots heart stuff! Yes agree it's a huge spectrum.

Reactions: 1
I'm always amused by the big influencers failing th basic due diligence, one I see got very eggcited in the scramble to crack open a big story about a certain foodstuff that shall remain nameless*, I re-did my own cursory search on the subject only to find someone has already done the full works on it...

(possible raised eyebrows at the source but a good writeup)
Very basicslly a story rehashed from one last year that was already a rehash of one from 2017.

* the real conspiracy is revealed by their presence in the dairy section. Unquestionable proof that they come from cows, so we can deduce that there's no such thing as chickens and therefore by logical inference, no such thing as bird flu which was invented as a means of controlling the sheep 😎
God yes that eggs and blood clots clickbait headline was such crap. As you point out, all it takes is a brief search to unpick the fake headlines and reach the original study topic which has feck all to do with eggs causing blood clots! Sadly anti covid vaccine hardliners are so primed to push all heart/clot/aneurysm/stroke deaths onto the vaccines they'll readily believe influencers spouting this made up stuff from dodgy sources.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
My friend keeps going on about crypto currency and how the government are going to control our bank accounts and take money from us without us knowing. 🙄
I haven't researched it, so I don't even know if it's a prospect, but it does seem a bit far fetched. 🙄
She keeps saying how all our rights are being taken away

My friend keeps going on about crypto currency and how the government are going to control our bank accounts and take money from us without us knowing. 🙄
I haven't researched it, so I don't even know if it's a prospect, but it does seem a bit far fetched. 🙄
I wonder if this is linked with the cash thing I mentioned the other day?!

Reactions: 2
Sounds like someone has been putting ideas in her head. Is she naturally a paranoid person?

I think people who are more prone to paranoia get taken it by it all, because they lack that "hang on a minute..." filter when people raise conspiracy theories with them.

---

Because of course.

I see there are people in his replies still arguing with him. Presumably they've missed the "2019 and 2020" part of the headline.

It sums it up for me, as it shows how they don't bother to look into things, they just make their mind up on a whim and that's that. The irony of them calling us mugs!

Reactions: 8
I don't know if she's a paranoid person but she spends too much time on tiktok.
I have another friend who doesn't trust government figures about the vaccine and says how MSM hasn't reported all the vaccine injury claims and how people have died from heart failure because of it. Her dad is a big conspiracy theorist, and she clearly picks it up from him. So that's clever of her isn't it? 🙄
This is what she says:
The vaccine has had more reports about adverse reactions than any other vaccine yet it still is being rolled out. When the reports get to certain number they're meant to stop the roll out under the yellow card system.

Right

• Angry
I don't know if she's a paranoid person but she spends too much time on tiktok.
I have another friend who doesn't trust government figures about the vaccine and says how MSM hasn't reported all the vaccine injury claims and how people have died from heart failure because of it. Her dad is a big conspiracy theorist, and she clearly picks it up from him. So that's clever of her isn't it? 🙄
This is what she says:
The vaccine has had more reports about adverse reactions than any other vaccine yet it still is being rolled out. When the reports get to certain number they're meant to stop the roll out under the yellow card system.

Right
Yeah that's the classic move - ie doubting all figures from the government (including the Office of National Statistics) and the MSM.

I'm not for a second saying all figures should be blindly accepted as accurate, but the figures and how they were gathered should be looked into and weighed up and then a decision made (in my opinion), rather than instantly assuming they're always fake.

The vaccine thing has long been a bone of contention. I've taken the rare step (for me) of no longer engaging with anti vaxxers because they're so entrenched in their view, they twist everything you say and are almost always rude and insulting with it. I will discuss anything with anyone if they want to chat about it in good faith, but sadly most anti vaxxers just don't want to do that anymore.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm not for a second saying all figures should be blindly accepted as accurate, but the figures and how they were gathered should be looked into and weighed up and then a decision made (in my opinion), rather than instantly assuming they're always fake.
In the world of a CTist, if the scientific data supports the belief that they already have, they accept it.
And any scientific study which provides evidence contrary to their beliefs is just part of the government/media/big pharma agenda to bullshit everyone 🤪👍.

Reactions: 9
Yeah that's the classic move - ie doubting all figures from the government (including the Office of National Statistics) and the MSM.

The vaccine thing has long been a bone of contention. I've taken the rare step (for me) of no longer engaging with anti vaxxers because they're so entrenched in their view, they twist everything you say and are almost always rude and insulting with it. I will discuss anything with anyone if they want to chat about it in good faith, but sadly most anti vaxxers just don't want to do that anymore.
I understand. It's sad because my friend is great in other ways, but she thinks that her view is the correct one 🙄

• Sad
In the world of a CTist, if the scientific data supports the belief that they already have, they accept it.
And any scientific study which provides evidence contrary to their beliefs is just part of the government/media/big pharma agenda to bullshit everyone 🤪👍.
It's a frustrating waste of time trying to engage as it's almost always defensive/rude replies you get. They seem not to be interested in any viewpoint outside their own narrow beliefs, yet will sarcastically ask why we don't engage with them more. 😩
If you do try to chat or provide links to studies they either ignore it or trash it regardless. Pretty worrying autocratic tendencies there, which is ironic, isn't it...? 🙁

• Haha
  • Sad
This is also something my friend said

"If the government let on that loads of people were suffering from the vaccine then loads of people will want to try and claim vaccine injury. It's just about making money, all the big pharmaceuticals"
Bloody hell. Give me strength

• Angry
Yep, same with doctors and the like. If they say something that supports their view they say well of course he's trustworthy he's a doctor! Funny enough they cease to be doctors it seems if their views differ, then they're untrustworthy with an agenda.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.