Anti-Conspiracy Theories #5 We the Sheeple…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm assuming that Darius Danesh MUST have been killed by the vaccine and Salman Rushdie getting stabbed will be "a distraction".....

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I'm assuming that Darius Danesh MUST have been killed by the vaccine and Salman Rushdie getting stabbed will be "a distraction".....
Pretty much any young death is attributed to the vaccine now - unless the cause is very obvious (eg drowning).

Whereas I prefer to keep an open mind. There are so many reasons for death. If it’s found his death was caused by a heart issue again that may not be vaccine related as it’s possible to have undiagnosed heart conditions (my cousin’s husband has one that was found before covid). But they’ll never accept that. If it’s heart related it will definitely be labelled as solely caused by the vaccine by the conspiracy theorists who are anti covid vaccines.

Reactions: 6
I saw someone asked whether people’s periods returned to normal after the vaccine

I don’t doubt that there are some unfortunate women who’s periods have been affected by the vaccine because there’s always the chance

Thing is, periods are affected by so many different factors that it’s hard to say for definite it is caused by the vaccine. So when random Susan says her periods are more x or y, and she already holds the opinion that vaccines can’t be trusted, her first conclusion is likely going to be the vaccine

• Heart
Didn’t you hear? The vaccine makes you less buoyant
You jest, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if that became a thing!

The covid vaccine has definitely pushed a lot more people into conspiracy theory territory. I suppose because it was a worldwide thing, so it was easy for the more seasoned conspiracy theorists to dream up scenarios relating to it.

I know there have always been anti vaccine people, but I genuinely can't remember much opposition to the annual flu vaccines. It was largely accepted that they were offered yearly to people who are vulnerable or over a certain age and that repeated vaccination was necessary due to the flu virus mutating regularly.

Now it seems like covid vaccines are going to follow a similar pattern, but they're up in arms over it. Acting like it's the most insane idea ever, saying it's all a big conspiracy to keep tabs on people and to make money for big pharma. But why didn't most of them care about the flu vaccine? Why isn't that trying to keep tabs on people, why wasn't that derided as being ineffective due to the fact it's needed each year? I never heard anyone say "lol how many flu vaccines have that lot had? 10 now is it? When are they gonna wake up? It's a clown world!"

It was generally accepted that you should have it if you want it, and if you don't want it that's fine, too. No arguing necessary - just individual choices being respected.

I'm classed as vulnerable so I've had countless flu vaccines over the years (probably at least 15 and I haven't had the flu in that time) - yet I can promise I've never had a single person mock me for it, or act like I'm insane for taking repeated vaccines that must be ineffective if they're needed yearly. They call it a clown world, but they're the clowns.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
It seems that within the last 12 years, Darius was in a car crash in which he broke his neck and came very close to death and also had to be put into an induced coma after contracting meningitis from drinking water out of the Thames. I'm sure neither of these incidents were pretty good for his long term health.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I forgot to add that lockdowns are now starting to get blamed for all of society's ills (especially NHS issues, even though it was crumbling pre-covid) - and because the lockdowns were ordered by the government then obviously it was all done with the deliberate intent to make our lives harder.

Until lockdowns, Brexit was blamed on most of it. Before that, the Tories blamed the last Labour government. Heaven forbid there might be a multitude of factors that actually contribute to the current situation - nope it must now all be due to lockdowns.

Reactions: 8
Pretty much any young death is attributed to the vaccine now - unless the cause is very obvious (eg drowning).

Whereas I prefer to keep an open mind. There are so many reasons for death. If it’s found his death was caused by a heart issue again that may not be vaccine related as it’s possible to have undiagnosed heart conditions (my cousin’s husband has one that was found before covid). But they’ll never accept that. If it’s heart related it will definitely be labelled as solely caused by the vaccine by the conspiracy theorists who are anti covid vaccines.
They also choose to ignore that covid carries a much greater risk of heart damage/new conditions. Obviously none of us are in a position to say what caused these deaths and I find it incredibly crass to see loads of jab emojis etc on articles, but I do find it nonsensical for them to ignore the risk that covid itself poses to people.

I forgot to add that lockdowns are now starting to get blamed for all of society's ills (especially NHS issues, even though it was crumbling pre-covid) - and because the lockdowns were ordered by the government then obviously it was all done with the deliberate intent to make our lives harder.

Until lockdowns, Brexit was blamed on most of it. Before that, the Tories blamed the last Labour government. Heaven forbid there might be a multitude of factors that actually contribute to the current situation - nope it must now all be due to lockdowns.
I saw a telegraph article today and I wanted to scream, such an irresponsible piece of "journalism".

They also choose to ignore that covid carries a much greater risk of heart damage/new conditions. Obviously none of us are in a position to say what caused these deaths and I find it incredibly crass to see loads of jab emojis etc on articles, but I do find it nonsensical for them to ignore the risk that covid itself poses to people.

I saw a telegraph article today and I wanted to scream, such an irresponsible piece of "journalism".
Well yes, they won't admit to covid causing long lasting conditions because that damages their "covid is just a cold" narrative.

They also mostly refuse to believe in long covid - preferring instead to say it's like ME/fibromyalgia and effectively say it's something lazy people invent to get out of working. It shows a cruel and uncaring side.

• Sad
I used to get a free flu jab at work, not compulsory but in a large company it's a good way to ensure less time off for workers as we all know how flu spreads like crazy.
I asked a colleague if he was getting the jab and he replied "duck that, there could be anything in those needles".
He was eating a meat pie while we were chatting, completely oblivious to the fact that he's no more clued in to what was in his lunch than what was in the flu vaccine. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 11
And another thing ...

I get that for many people eating insects or products made from insects is pretty yuk (cochineal anyone?) but why is it a conspiracy?

According to wikipedia, 80% of the world's nations eat bugs of some kind so is it just a conspiracy if it's suggested that some of the remaining 20% follow suit? And where do CT-ists draw the line? I wouldn't be keen to eat bugs myself but then I wouldn't eat cats, bats or rats or dog which is common practice in parts of the world. Would it be a conspiracy if they were promoted in the UK? I wouldn't eat horse and that is right on our doorstep in the UK. Come to that I wouldn't eat rabbit (my Dad loved it) and I don't fancy pigeon either. What about ostrich, kangaroo or alligator? I've eaten all of them.

So what makes it a conspiracy to suggest eating something different to what we're used to in our culture particularly if it can support food security? Is that the issue; are the claims about food security problems the conspiracy, particularly if they are linked to climate change (which is definitely a conspiracy). Or are the CT-ists just nuts ... I do eat them.

Reactions: 9
And another thing ...

I get that for many people eating insects or products made from insects is pretty yuk (cochineal anyone?) but why is it a conspiracy?

According to wikipedia, 80% of the world's nations eat bugs of some kind so is it just a conspiracy if it's suggested that some of the remaining 20% follow suit? And where do CT-ists draw the line? I wouldn't be keen to eat bugs myself but then I wouldn't eat cats, bats or rats or dog which is common practice in parts of the world. Would it be a conspiracy if they were promoted in the UK? I wouldn't eat horse and that is right on our doorstep in the UK. Come to that I wouldn't eat rabbit (my Dad loved it) and I don't fancy pigeon either. What about ostrich, kangaroo or alligator? I've eaten all of them.

So what makes it a conspiracy to suggest eating something different to what we're used to in our culture particularly if it can support food security? Is that the issue; are the claims about food security problems the conspiracy, particularly if they are linked to climate change (which is definitely a conspiracy). Or are the CT-ists just nuts ... I do eat them.
Yes it doesn't make sense to me. As long as the products are clearly labelled, I don't see an issue.

If someone doesn't take issue with meat being sold here, I can't see why they'd take issue with insects being sold here either.

Yes it doesn't make sense to me. As long as the products are clearly labelled, I don't see an issue.

If someone doesn't take issue with meat being sold here, I can't see why they'd take issue with insects being sold here either.
From what I understand the issue is not so much the availability, but the push of the plebs towards such crunchy goodness, the denial of access to real meat whether directly or indirectly via guilt tripping or insane prices inflated by eco-tax.

TBH if the bugs are minced up and turned into biscuits I'd have no problem with that especially if they can do a decent emulation of hobnobs or custard creams.

Besides, they already ran the proof of concept programme, and there weren't any complaints. Anyone for a Garibaldi?

Reactions: 4
From what I understand the issue is not so much the availability, but the push of the plebs towards such crunchy goodness, the denial of access to real meat whether directly or indirectly via guilt tripping or insane prices inflated by eco-tax.
Our meat also costs a bit more because of all the welfare laws that farmers have to (or at least should) follow

Re labelling, though I don’t have the time to be triple checking whether this is just a moral panic
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ir-worms-insects-mould-products-a8575721.html

Also I’m sure there’s some dyes that use bugs?

Reactions: 4
I think the insect based diet fear/conspiracy is all about the fear of losing a cultural heritage. This kind of conspiracy is more likely to come from the right wing/the far right wing. The current trend among people in the far right is the fear that a certain identity is being erased. That's why Putin or Orban are appreciated and seen as inspirational. They seem like to be the gate keepers of a white traditionalist culture. Both are against homosexuality, promote the traditional family and are against cultural mixing. In this ideology meat is seen as a "man" food - the idea of stopping eating meat or worse eating insects instead must be seen as a way to weaken traditional masculinity. Weak men won't be able to fight then against the assault they think they are under. That's why don't care that people around the world eat insects - probably because they think less of other societies.

I think all of this is somehow interlinked. The root is the idea of a globalist elite (most likely jewish and or communist) trying to undermine and destroy the traditional society. That's why any proposal of changing our way of living is seen as a sign of this conspiracy. And that's why CTs believe that any kind of crisis - the covid pandemic/the climate change threat/the war in Ukraine are manufactured to force those changes.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Our meat also costs a bit more because of all the welfare laws that farmers have to (or at least should) follow

Re labelling, though I don’t have the time to be triple checking whether this is just a moral panic
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ir-worms-insects-mould-products-a8575721.html

Also I’m sure there’s some dyes that use bugs?
There was a lot of ridiculous scaremongering about what might end up in our foods, as though the cheap dubious stuff was somehow not containing eye of newt and penis of bat and citing of worst possible examples of stuff found before regulations or inspections were updated.
Not absolutely without foundation but insanely overstated to the point people didn't believe it.

As for bug based dyes, a good example is cochineal as noted in Moth's post above.
And I'm now wondering what the blue in Curaçao is...
(just checked, it's peelings off a fruit)

e2a Actually for eating bugs we can look at figs (and rolls thereof) that depend on a specific species of wasp dying in the middle of them in order for the fruit to grow (or something, I think the plant's life cycle depends on them).

I think the insect based diet fear/conspiracy is all about the fear of losing a cultural heritage. This kind of conspiracy is more likely to come from the right wing/the far right wing. The current trend among people in the far right is the fear that a certain identity is being erased. That's why Putin or Orban are appreciated and seen as inspirational. They seem like to be the gate keepers of a white traditionalist culture. Both are against homosexuality, promote the traditional family and are against cultural mixing. In this ideology meat is seen as a "man" food - the idea of stopping eating meat or worse eating insects instead must be seen as a way to weaken traditional masculinity. Weak men won't be able to fight then against the assault they think they are under. That's why don't care that people around the world eat insects - probably because they think less of other societies.

I think all of this is somehow interlinked. The root is the idea of a globalist elite (most likely jewish and or communist) trying to undermine and destroy the traditional society. That's why any proposal of changing our way of living is seen as a sign of this conspiracy. And that's why CTs believe that any kind of crisis - the covid pandemic/the climate change threat/the war in Ukraine are manufactured to force those changes.
Yes I think you raise a good point.

I notice a lot of them have a more right wing basis to their views and point to 'weak men' being responsible for society's ills. They also say none of that sort of thing happened back in the day. Whereas look as people like Quentin Crisp! I'm sure people back in the 60s/70s said he was evidence of weak men and how things were taking a nosedive back then, too.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.