Anti-Conspiracy Theories #5 We the Sheeple…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How many have their wages topped up through Gov handouts , Cost of Living crisis , foodbanks ....I could go on .
The existence and exponential growth of food banks, furniture banks, energy banks and countless other support services provided by charities is a clear indicator that it is increasingly impossible to be 'dependent on government'.

It can also be argued that people were considerably more dependent on government when more than 40% of them lived in council houses and when basic services they used and large chunks of industry that employed them were in public ownership.

Once upon a time a significant proportion of people thought being dependent on government (or rather expecting the government to support its people) was a good thing. 40 years of 'small state', neo-liberal propaganda has reversed that resulting in many believing that the government is doing us a favour by supporting people in need (often as a result of their policies) and had led to some describing that support as 'handouts'.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
The existence and exponential growth of food banks, furniture banks, energy banks and countless other support services provided by charities is a clear sign that people are not and cannot be 'dependent on government'.

It can also be argued that people were considerably more dependent on government when more than 40% of them lived in council houses and when basic services they used and large chunks of industry that employed them were in public ownership.

At least 40 years of 'small state', neo-liberal propaganda has resulted in many believing that the government is doing us a favour by supporting people in need (often as a result of their policies) and had led to some describing that support as 'handouts'.
So there’s less people dependent on government resources now than there was years ago? What about those in private accommodation that the government pay massive rents for or those living in hotels and B&B’s because they’re homeless , Just because there’s less people in council houses doesn’t mean the situation has improved it’s definitely gotten much worse in my area, even working families are finding it hard to pay the extortionate rents that housing associations charge so have to rely on government means for either food or rent.

Reactions: 2
While I think today's news about the new booster is a good thing, part of me is wincing because I know it'll poke the metaphorical bear and will wake up most of the anti covid vaxxers again.

They'll tell anyone who takes it how stupid they are and will ask them why they can't see that it's all just a big government conspiracy. But then they'll say "I won't take it, respect my decision" without seeing their hypocrisy. 🤪

Reactions: 6
The Great Reset is trending again on twitter I see. Is that still due by Christmas?
When a date goes by with nothing happening, do they ever acknowledge it was missed and come up with a reason why, or do they just pretend they never gave a date? :D

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Christmas was cancelled by the woke agenda in favour of Rainbow Winterval*. Do keep up :cool:

* knitted sandals optional

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Do CTs just not accept that anybody dies of natural causes, ever?
You'd think that no one died of heart problems pre covid vaccine the way some of them carry on.

It's long been common to install heart defibrillators in old telephone boxes in response to a large campaign. After all, the more defibs there are, the more likely lives can be saved - given heart disease is a big killer in the UK. However, some of them genuinely think it's being done due to heart problems caused by covid vaccines.

Reactions: 10
You'd think that no one died of heart problems pre covid vaccine the way some of them carry on.

It's long been common to install heart defibrillators in old telephone boxes in response to a large campaign. After all, the more defibs there are, the more likely lives can be saved - given heart disease is a big killer in the UK. However, some of them genuinely think it's being done due to heart problems caused by covid vaccines.
and all celebrities are murdered by dark forces

• Haha

I’ve been trying to work out how eating bugs is a conspiracy theory and really all I got is that someone took the theme of hell and applied it to the weird elite vs the peasants divide

• Haha

I’ve been trying to work out how eating bugs is a conspiracy theory and really all I got is that someone took the theme of hell and applied it to the weird elite vs the peasants divide
Eating bugs and fake meat protein has been the stuff of sci fi writing ever since someone first came up with the possibility of food shortages, so that's quite some time before the seven fat cows and the seven thin cows.

That said, the lesson of the plague of locusts is "every crisis is an opportunity", a lesson totally ignored unless the bit about someone making an absolute killing in the crunchy protein bar sector was deliberately left out because it didn't fit the narrative.

Eating bugs and fake meat protein has been the stuff of sci fi writing ever since someone first came up with the possibility of food shortages, so that's quite some time before the seven fat cows and the seven thin cows.

That said, the lesson of the plague of locusts is "every crisis is an opportunity", a lesson totally ignored unless the bit about someone making an absolute killing in the crunchy protein bar sector was deliberately left out because it didn't fit the narrative.
people have been eating bugs in loads of different parts of the world for millennia, it’s nothing new so I don’t understand the fuss tbh. If I don’t want to eat bugs, I won’t. Same as I don’t want to be a vegan, so I’m not. Or am I missing something? Are “the elites“ going to start shoving earwigs down my throat?

Reactions: 5
people have been eating bugs in loads of different parts of the world for millennia, it’s nothing new so I don’t understand the fuss tbh. If I don’t want to eat bugs, I won’t. Same as I don’t want to be a vegan, so I’m not. Or am I missing something? Are “the elites“ going to start shoving earwigs down my throat?
Presumably the plan is to make everything else too expensive for the plebs so we have little choice but to live on shredded cardboard and grasshoppers while pedalling away to generate enough power to watch the telly, to make sure the elites have enough cheeseburgers.

Like that one about knowing the path and walking the path, there's knowing the plan and comprehending the plan which puts me halfway at best.
Also 'obedience does not require understanding' though I'm sure this one was usually delivered with a clip round the ear, and if I recall, to a grasshopper...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Are you all awake yet? 💤 I think I may sleep for another year before I am fully AWAKE.
If by "awake" you mean reading and believing shite on the internet put out by any Tom, Dick or Harry, then no I am not awake. :p

You raise a good point. When something new is either talked about or introduced, a lot of conspiracy theorists seem to jump to the conclusion that it will be forced on everyone. Instead of just saying: "hmm not my thing, but fair enough if others want it", there's very much a mentality of "no one should do this, because I personally don't want to".

It's the same with the new covid booster. It's going to be offered to the over 50s and vulnerable - so very similar to how the annual flu vaccine has always been administered. But they can't just say "I don't want the jab, but if you want it, please yourself". Any article or tweet about the new jab is met with indignation, vomit emotes, etc etc. They're anti freedom of choice a lot of the time, not that they'll ever admit it.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.