Anti-Conspiracy Theories #5 We the Sheeple…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else remember when a lot of conspiracy theorists were saying that lockdowns were unnecessary and were only brought in to get us used to wider restrictions? Many said they didn't think we'd ever go back to "normal" and that some restrictions would be permanent, because it was all part of a government conspiracy to get "the masses" used to limits on their freedoms.

Last time I checked, we've been restriction free in the UK since January (almost 7 months) and things are basically like how they were before covid across Europe and other countries are lifting restrictions, too. But I don't think I've ever seen a conspiracy theorist say: "OK, I'll hold my hands up here and say I got that one wrong". :D They just move onto the next CT and quietly drop other ones.

I was having a good chat with my brother earlier and - unprompted - he turned the conversation to conspiracy theorists and the tactics a lot of them use - eg acting like they're the only ones who know "the truth" and that everyone else is brain dead, plus posting dubious sources that they trust completely but if science based links are posted by someone who doesn't believe in CTs, they sneer at the science. Maybe I'll get him to sign up here and contribute to this thread. 😂

Joking aside, it was actually nice to have a real life conversation that effectively repeated a lot of the stuff we say here. Not that I don't like writing my thoughts on Tattle of course!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Does anyone else remember when a lot of conspiracy theorists were saying that lockdowns were unnecessary and were only brought in to get us used to wider restrictions? Many said they didn't think we'd ever go back to "normal" and that some restrictions would be permanent, because it was all part of a government conspiracy to get "the masses" used to limits on their freedoms.

Last time I checked, we've been restriction free in the UK since January (almost 7 months) and things are basically like how they were before covid across Europe and other countries are lifting restrictions, too. But I don't think I've ever seen a conspiracy theorist say: "OK, I'll hold my hands up here and say I got that one wrong". :D They just move onto the next CT and quietly drop other ones.

I was having a good chat with my brother earlier and - unprompted - he turned the conversation to conspiracy theorists and the tactics a lot of them use - eg acting like they're the only ones who know "the truth" and that everyone else is brain dead, plus posting dubious sources that they trust completely but if science based links are posted by someone who doesn't believe in CTs, they sneer at the science. Maybe I'll get him to sign up here and contribute to this thread. 😂

Joking aside, it was actually nice to have a real life conversation that effectively repeated a lot of the stuff we say here. Not that I don't like writing my thoughts on Tattle of course!
I'm not a CT but I think we're more dependent on the Government now than we've ever been .

Reactions: 2
I heard someone say in relation to COVID specifically that often CTs will ask questions just so they can reply with whataboutism rather than to get an actual answer

Reactions: 7
I think there's "something off" about the people who constantly think there's "something off" about something.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Many said they didn't think we'd ever go back to "normal" and that some restrictions would be permanent, because it was all part of a government conspiracy to get "the masses" used to limits on their freedoms.
Ah well it's all the longer term plan - get people used to restrictions being imposed at short notice, repeat a couple of times with harsher restrictions each time or maybe lasting a bit longer.
Make everyone's life easier by means of a vaccine passport, let them buy things with their digital wallets and then you have total control over everyone so the elites can then live their elite lives and not worry about the peasants.
(no question about over-reliance on technology and limited number of supplers but it's rare to see it properly framed that way without someone messing it up by over-egging it with 'because the elites are planning it that way' or some such which people just accept at face value)

The covid restrictions as part of some big plot by the elites would be a lot of effort to make absolutely no difference to them.

Likewise, energy prices then rioting, martial law and/or curfews, economy dies, we all end up in debt to the elites, and have to work off the debt to keep the elites in their usual lifestyles, difference at the top 'none'.

I'm sure there is a scenario where the elites actually gain something noticeable other than an inceased chance of being toppled but I'm not sure what that would be.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Is the vaccine passport even used in the UK?

The whole vaccine talk seems to have fallen off completely in general, though I wouldn’t be surprised if vulnerable groups still get offered boosters

Is the vaccine passport even used in the UK?

The whole vaccine talk seems to have fallen off completely in general, though I wouldn’t be surprised if vulnerable groups still get offered boosters
I don't think it's used now - apart from maybe flying to certain countries that still need it. Mind you, I never had to show my vaccine passport even once, and it's not like I didn't visit cafes and restaurants when I was able to.

I think you're right that future boosters will probably only be offered to the elderly and vulnerable like the flu jab is. Unless there's a nasty variant and it's hard to know what will happen in the winter.

Reactions: 1
I think there's "something off" about the people who constantly think there's "something off" about something.
There’s comments saying there’s “something off” about Ann Heche, who was known to be suicidal, driving into a house while coked up to the eyeballs. Shall we have a sweepstake for Salman Rushdie conspiracies?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
How are we more dependent on government than we've ever been?
How many have their wages topped up through Gov handouts , Cost of Living crisis , foodbanks ....I could go on .

There’s comments saying there’s “something off” about Ann Heche, who was known to be suicidal, driving into a house while coked up to the eyeballs. Shall we have a sweepstake for Salman Rushdie conspiracies?
If you go to chapter three of The Satanic Verses and pick the right words you should be able to piece together a prediction of it.

Unless the book is one of those that doesn't have chapters, in which case select words from pages that are multiples of 13.

Incontrovertible gold standard proof :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
How many have their wages topped up through Gov handouts , Cost of Living crisis , foodbanks ....I could go on .
Quite a lot, but still nowhere near the amount that makes large swathes of the population dependent on the government. But the conspiracy theorists would have us believe otherwise.

Reactions: 2
Quite a lot, but still nowhere near the amount that makes large swathes of the population dependent on the government. But the conspiracy theorists would have us believe otherwise.
We don’t know where it’s going to end up , by all accounts things are getting worse.

We don’t know where it’s going to end up , by all accounts things are getting worse.
But then if you don’t have the top ups from the government people are in a worse place and are more likely to topple the government?

I sort of see where you’re coming from but at the same time there are probably a few countries, though I doubt we consider them first world, that have little government help and the government still has significant control - it’s just a lot more obvious

There doesn’t really seem to be an alternative where the “elite” aren’t in power in some way. Though I have seen some say that UK is becoming more authoritarian due to their policies

But then if you don’t have the top ups from the government people are in a worse place and are more likely to topple the government?

I sort of see where you’re coming from but at the same time there are probably a few countries, though I doubt we consider them first world, that have little government help and the government still has significant control - it’s just a lot more obvious

There doesn’t really seem to be an alternative where the “elite” aren’t in power in some way. Though I have seen some say that UK is becoming more authoritarian due to their policies
They are, you only have to look at their insistence to do away with the ECHR they cover a wide range of issues not just immigration.

To be fair, I was talking about the covid restrictions which many conspiracy theorists said would never go away.

My point is they won't now say they got it wrong.

My point is they won't now say they got it wrong.
Their reply to that appears to be that other people are still under COVID restrictions

The only example I can think of is China, though I have heard that the US apparently uses the COVID passports for some stuff, but I don't think the COVID restrictions really changed the power they had over their population

Their reply to that appears to be that other people are still under COVID restrictions

The only example I can think of is China, though I have heard that the US apparently uses the COVID passports for some stuff, but I don't think the COVID restrictions really changed the power they had over their population
They're certainly fans of changing the goalposts. 🙃

All of this stuff would take more than a tattle comment to discuss as the contributing factors are too complex to be simplified, although I will say that Austerity has had a massive impact imo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.