Anti Conspiracy Theories #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
if that's meant to be the monster, doesn't it mean that there's about 8 of them all next to each other?
Maybe she's had kids? That's cute, 8 little Nessies
Or did we think Nessie was a male?

[ was in reply to a now-gone post, subject was posting stuff about 9/11 as there had been various programmes to mark the 20-years.]
I watched 'Inside the Presidents War Room'. It was really good, I honestly fully expected to just have it on in the background as noise at the start

I think it's a bit silly that a lot of conspiracies seem to depend on everyone at the top agreeing to some crazy plot, often one that results in people's deaths too. But also to have such an elaborate plot in the case of 9/11, even with some people who may not be aware, just seems extremely hard to keep up with and not slip up on for the people in the know who are then expected to talk about it for the next few decades

Also, it's not really that far from saying that everyone is an actor

Reactions: 4
Long rant so I put it under a spoiler.
Conspiracy theories all seem to rest on the premise that there's some giant shadowy group orchestrating the strings of, well, everything for their own shadowy and obscure reasons. Don't get me wrong, I do
think there are nasty horrible groups and rings and gangs out there doing nasty horrible things. There have been nasty government actions and even hush ups (on local scales though, not global ones) through history, but they rest again on just a slightly bigger version of the nasty horrible gang in power, or politicians covering their own arse.

There are bad governments and evil ones but these are localised and usually temporary political horrors, they're not the Eye of Sauron overseeing all of Middle Earth. It's facetious and plain insulting to the victims of horrible governments like N Korea to try and extend their realities of dictatorship to the self-satisfied fictions of people watching too much Facebook and living a comparison lives of utter luxury and comfort.

To go all Fox Mulder (a fictional character from a show about made-up stories, just in case anyone tries to unravel that analogy) and believe there's one giant global group orchestrating everything is the point where I find it all falls apart if you poke it. Who is this group? Well, Them, of course. If they are so secret and omniscient and powerful, how come you know about it? Well I'm enlightened by a random video I saw on Brighteon by someone who can't keep a job and is fibbing about having worked for the NHS (ps, being able to pronounce the names of drugs and actually being on the medical register would make you slightly more convincing.) What is the purpose of 'they' and 'the elites' and 'powers that be' depopulating the earth? So they can rule it, obv. Don't they rule it anyway and need a good size population of minions to do their bidding, what's the point of killing everyone off? Look, you just don't want to listen to the truth. So who are they again? Look, just do your own research, it's to do with Rothschilds and butterflies and Israel. So...you are saying this shadowy evil all powerful global collective controlling everything, it's...the Jews? 🤦🤦🤦

But the biggest factor against this for me is the existence in itself of a big giant shadowy global collective comprising elites in every culture and country and co-ordinating cover ups at every level and consisting of large groups of people managing to work together on something in utter secret harmony, sharing of resources, and all managing to agree as one with some master plan from the big Lizard in Chief or whatever. Have you *met* people? It's difficult enough getting about five people to agree on a sandwich rota for work, or on a bumfluff transport policy from back benchers on the colour of train seats, or agreeing on what film everyone wants to see at the cinema ok a Saturday afternoon. We're crap. As if humanity could reach the level of democracy, teamwork, and amicability towards one's fellow man to ever achieve working as one team a super secret global conspiracy playing out in every country, at ever level. The co ordination required! We argue over the metric system and EastEnders and Pen Twonkface Farthing! The EU couldn't even reach agreement on daylight saving time! Let alone implement a secret plan to render everyone infertile/dead/zombified/whatever is in vogue now in the critical thinking bastions of Tiktok, Facebook, Disclose.tv, whatever. The biggest argument against a giant 'Reset' or global conspiracy is people themselves. We're not split into the sheep and enlightened. We're split into a thousand million trillion different factions of different, argumentative, stubborn people with different thoughts and opinions and the idea of even a sliver of this humanity managing to work together long enough on some super secret plan is even more ridonkulous than Nessie and her eight dependents (sorry Nessie.)

Nessie was 8 smaller monsters in a trench coat this whole time 😱
I have been laughing at this on and off for about ten minutes

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The EU couldn't even reach agreement on daylight saving time!
Actually on this one you probably could construct a conspiracy theory because someone (or a group) with knowledge of procedures and some easy predictions of politicians' likely reactions could relstively easily have engineered the directive into being.
(so not an EU conspiracy but one that misused the EU procedurals)

Of course as you point out it didn't work - if I recall, it didn't get fully implemented because instead of every member state making the right choice like they were supposed to, some wanted one hour permanently forward, and some wanted their standard time, so the scuppered single timezone plan got shelved, still is I think?

NB this isn't intended as pro or anti EU (or even pro or anti changes of clock changes) , it's just an example of how one can look at something and see where things could have been deliberately pushed one way or another when the system should be preventing such interference.

Those behind it wanting to streamline for bigger profit, I can see that because they don't care about us peons and could well qualify as conspiracy or at least nonpublic scheming but 'because they want to control us' I think is crappy scaremongering because it implies the existence of some dark evil overplan.

Long rant so I put it under a spoiler.
Conspiracy theories all seem to rest on the premise that there's some giant shadowy group orchestrating the strings of, well, everything for their own shadowy and obscure reasons. Don't get me wrong, I do
think there are nasty horrible groups and rings and gangs out there doing nasty horrible things. There have been nasty government actions and even hush ups (on local scales though, not global ones) through history, but they rest again on just a slightly bigger version of the nasty horrible gang in power, or politicians covering their own arse.

There are bad governments and evil ones but these are localised and usually temporary political horrors, they're not the Eye of Sauron overseeing all of Middle Earth. It's facetious and plain insulting to the victims of horrible governments like N Korea to try and extend their realities of dictatorship to the self-satisfied fictions of people watching too much Facebook and living a comparison lives of utter luxury and comfort.

To go all Fox Mulder (a fictional character from a show about made-up stories, just in case anyone tries to unravel that analogy) and believe there's one giant global group orchestrating everything is the point where I find it all falls apart if you poke it. Who is this group? Well, Them, of course. If they are so secret and omniscient and powerful, how come you know about it? Well I'm enlightened by a random video I saw on Brighteon by someone who can't keep a job and is fibbing about having worked for the NHS (ps, being able to pronounce the names of drugs and actually being on the medical register would make you slightly more convincing.) What is the purpose of 'they' and 'the elites' and 'powers that be' depopulating the earth? So they can rule it, obv. Don't they rule it anyway and need a good size population of minions to do their bidding, what's the point of killing everyone off? Look, you just don't want to listen to the truth. So who are they again? Look, just do your own research, it's to do with Rothschilds and butterflies and Israel. So...you are saying this shadowy evil all powerful global collective controlling everything, it's...the Jews? 🤦🤦🤦

But the biggest factor against this for me is the existence in itself of a big giant shadowy global collective comprising elites in every culture and country and co-ordinating cover ups at every level and consisting of large groups of people managing to work together on something in utter secret harmony, sharing of resources, and all managing to agree as one with some master plan from the big Lizard in Chief or whatever. Have you *met* people? It's difficult enough getting about five people to agree on a sandwich rota for work, or on a bumfluff transport policy from back benchers on the colour of train seats, or agreeing on what film everyone wants to see at the cinema ok a Saturday afternoon. We're crap. As if humanity could reach the level of democracy, teamwork, and amicability towards one's fellow man to ever achieve working as one team a super secret global conspiracy playing out in every country, at ever level. The co ordination required! We argue over the metric system and EastEnders and Pen Twonkface Farthing! The EU couldn't even reach agreement on daylight saving time! Let alone implement a secret plan to render everyone infertile/dead/zombified/whatever is in vogue now in the critical thinking bastions of Tiktok, Facebook, Disclose.tv, whatever. The biggest argument against a giant 'Reset' or global conspiracy is people themselves. We're not split into the sheep and enlightened. We're split into a thousand million trillion different factions of different, argumentative, stubborn people with different thoughts and opinions and the idea of even a sliver of this humanity managing to work together long enough on some super secret plan is even more ridonkulous than Nessie and her eight dependents (sorry Nessie.)

I have been laughing at this on and off for about ten minutes
It's a really GOOD rant. Well said. 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Actually on this one you probably could construct a conspiracy theory because someone (or a group) with knowledge of procedures and some easy predictions of politicians' likely reactions could relstively easily have engineered the directive into being.
(so not an EU conspiracy but one that misused the EU procedurals)

Of course as you point out it didn't work - if I recall, it didn't get fully implemented because instead of every member state making the right choice like they were supposed to, some wanted one hour permanently forward, and some wanted their standard time, so the scuppered single timezone plan got shelved, still is I think?

NB this isn't intended as pro or anti EU (or even pro or anti changes of clock changes) , it's just an example of how one can look at something and see where things could have been deliberately pushed one way or another when the system should be preventing such interference.

Those behind it wanting to streamline for bigger profit, I can see that because they don't care about us peons and could well qualify as conspiracy or at least nonpublic scheming but 'because they want to control us' I think is crappy scaremongering because it implies the existence of some dark evil overplan.
I dunno. I was thinking a bit about the false equivalence often used by conspiracy theorists between local hush ups, bad policies controlled or pushed by localised interests, as you say 'things pushed one way or another' due to interferences. Those are a political given. But that is not equivalent to globalised conspiracy, which is defined by a large, puppeteered secret plan of occult (in sense of hidden) interests usually spanning continents and cultures. Or conspiracy at all. I know you mention not making it an evil plot at end but it still doesn't make it another form of conspiracy imo? It's not a staggered set of meaning, a conspiracy scale. Local interference, if it did happen, isn't 'conspiracy'? Conspiracy is a distinct term. It shouldn't be applied to normal political plots and backstabbings and local manipulations. Imo anyway.

The semantics of 'conspiracy', I find anyway, are being expanded in motte and bailey way, good and given arguments (localised manipulations) or facts used to prop up bad faith articles (global conspiracy.) Not saying you are doing that of course, I see it from conspiracy theorists but it does rely on an unclear definition of conspiracy that they take advantage of, knowingly or not. There's just too much semantic slippage for my liking generally, I just don't think self interested political manoeuvre should be read as a form of conspiracy.

My EU point was a little silly - it was meant to point out how difficult we find it making collective decisions. Also sorry if I've misread you, I'm on a train and people are shouting down my ear🤣 also typed this quickly so apols for mistakes.

Last edited:
  • Heart

A very tragic story from here in Ireland. There is a video they refer to as well of the doctors and nurses pleading with him to stay for treatment and you can visibly hear him struggling to breathe while he is sat there.

• Sad
This is very sad. Was the anti-vaxxer a relative or friend or something? It's a bit weird, i'd be interested in the full story.

A very tragic story from here in Ireland. There is a video they refer to as well of the doctors and nurses pleading with him to stay for treatment and you can visibly hear him struggling to breathe while he is sat there.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
This is very sad. Was the anti-vaxxer a relative or friend or something? It's a bit weird, i'd be interested in the full story.
Allegedly he and his wife were involved with a group very against covid vaccination so presumably they knew the man through that. I agree its incredibly bizarre.

Reactions: 2
I don’t think it was family I think it was some activist group it seems he’s known for doing it, I read he had been causing trouble at the hospital for someone else too claiming they were getting improper treatment. His wife also criticised those who facilitated removing him from the hospital.

The actions of those involved in removing him are unforgivable and shocking to say the least. I also can’t believe the hospital would just allow such people in, I don’t know the situation in the south of Ireland but I know when my cousin was in hospital in Northern Ireland he wasn’t allowed visiting like that, only one person, one hour each a week! Not sure if it’s changed now though.

Reactions: 5
Thank you both for explaining - really awful thing to happen, I too wondered how they would have been allowed in to the hospital, I would have thought Covid wards at least are somewhat secure.

Thank you both for explaining - really awful thing to happen, I too wondered how they would have been allowed in to the hospital, I would have thought Covid wards at least are somewhat secure.
Yea that’s what I thought too I thought covid wards weren’t allowed visits at all! When my cousin was in he was in a critical care bed in cardiology so that’s why he was allowed the one hour each week but I don’t think covid patients would be allowed visits surely that would be too much of a risk!? I’m sure that was really tough on the staff to witness all that knowing what was inevitably about to unfold 😞

As usual, the Bill Gates quote on the front of this newspaper shared in the CT thread has been taken completely out of context. I despair!

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow

As usual, the Bill Gates quote on the front of this newspaper shared in the CT thread has been taken completely out of context. I despair!
For the first time in some while I had a look at the CT thread yesterday. Despair was exactly what I felt. I don't find it funny anymore and clearly there's no point in challenging their nonsense. The internet might actually break humanity.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.