Anti Conspiracy Theories #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the first time in some while I had a look at the CT thread yesterday. Despair was exactly what I felt. I don't find it funny anymore and clearly there's no point in challenging their nonsense. The internet might actually break humanity.
We're not allowed to challenge it anyway šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 7
We're not allowed to challenge it anyway šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
In which case I won't post anything about Bob Moran being suspended due to some twitposts he did, even if there might have been a few things grouped together which one might mistakenly take as being linked.

According to the press gazette:

"Press Gazette is not repeating the entire Twitter exchange for legal reasons." but does have some bits that would get any of us fired.

Reactions: 3
This is my current partner. Heā€™s like 2 different people, one half is his beliefs in the conspiracy stuff and the other is just a nice guy.l itā€™s so bizarre to me

• Heart
Reactions: 1
This is my current partner. Heā€™s like 2 different people, one half is his beliefs in the conspiracy stuff and the other is just a nice guy.l itā€™s so bizarre to me
I have a friend who believes conspiracy theories and is anti vax/anti mask etc. We get on very well but when conversation leads to any of these topics it is really hard. šŸ˜ž

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I have a friend who believes conspiracy theories and is anti vax/anti mask etc. We get on very well but when conversation leads to any of these topics it is really hard. šŸ˜ž
I really donā€™t think I could be friends with someone with such a different moral compass to my own. That must be really hard for you especially as itā€™s a topic that comes up so much even now.

Reactions: 6
I really donā€™t think I could be friends with someone with such a different moral compass to my own. That must be really hard for you especially as itā€™s a topic that comes up so much even now.
I'm good friends with someone who holds very different political opinions to me. Although I try to avoid talking about politics with him, if we do stray into that area then at least we can have a good discussion/debate about it. What I've learnt from here is that it's very difficult to discuss with CT believers because they just dismiss you as brainwashed. Quite insulting really, but there you have it.

Reactions: 6
It is tough as it does come up in conversation frequently and they are more often than not suspicious of something. Sometimes it is exhausting conversing with them as my mind is šŸ¤Æ at what they believe/see the world as.

I'm good friends with someone who holds very different political opinions to me. Although I try to avoid talking about politics with him, if we do stray into that area then at least we can have a good discussion/debate about it. What I've learnt from here is that it's very difficult to discuss with CT believers because they just dismiss you as brainwashed. Quite insulting really, but there you have it.
Discussion and debate is good, especially on sensitive topics such as politics and religion. When it comes to CTā€™ists, discussion and debate rarely happens. More often that not, as you said, you will be dismissed and end of conversation.

Last edited:
  • Heart
My husband has a friend who's so deep into CT stuff, it blows my mind some of the things he believes. This guy actually reckons he's solved a disappearance that the police haven't been able to in over 10 years. Spoiler; he hasn't, his explanation makes no sense to me, and the poor girl is still missing. The arrogance is just astounding with some of these people.

• Sad
I have learnt on tattle that children who have bought into their parents covid vaccine anxiety are 'independent thinkers', any sibling that questions their parent's point of view 'runs with the crowd' make of that what you wish...

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
  • Haha
@mindlessness I love how the Aussies are ripping the piss out of the Americans. I'm a transplanted Canadian and neither my home country or my adopted country has much respect for them.

*disclaimer- not all Americans, just these types.

Reactions: 4
@mindlessness I love how the Aussies are ripping the piss out of the Americans. I'm a transplanted Canadian and neither my home country or my adopted country has much respect for them.

*disclaimer- not all Americans, just these types.
No one likes Americans but Americans, even some Americans hate being American.

ā€œI was born an American against my willā€ - a quote from my friend in the states.

The problem with Americans, everyone thinks theyā€™re more important than they are and their over patriotism makes me gag. Also that bleeping accent

• Haha
No one likes Americans but Americans, even some Americans hate being American.

ā€œI was born an American against my willā€ - a quote from my friend in the states.

The problem with Americans, everyone thinks theyā€™re more important than they are and their over patriotism makes me gag. Also that bleeping accent
My late Mum was QuƩbecois and she hated Americans like everyone else hates the French, haha. The decent ones are embarrassed by the rest.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I like Americans. And French šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Iā€™m just waiting for the instagram/Facebook/WhatsApp down thing to become a conspiracy,

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I like Americans. And French šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Iā€™m just waiting for the instagram/Facebook/WhatsApp down thing to become a conspiracy,
I am surprised they haven't started, 'end of the world' 'big black out' 'the world is waking up'. It is almost like, as they couldn't get on facebook they didn't get the memo šŸ˜

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.