Anti Conspiracy Theories #2 when a YouTube video just won’t do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
this is the patent 10,702,600 quoted in the third paragraph in a users post. I am no expert in patents but to me that reads that it was for MERS/SARS COV rather than Covid 19 specifically.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Moderna filed a patent for a Sars/Covid 2 (covid 19)
“Vaccine” a full 9 Months BEFORE the pandemic happened.
Well they obviously didn't. You haven't explained the origin of the document you attached to your previous post so the conclusion that the specific Covid-19 virus was developed 9 months before the disease was discovered is meaningless.

Various organisations have spent years developing new vaccine technology to cope with new and existing variations of respiratory diseases such as Lassa Fever, MERS and SARS. In 2018, the WHO identified the need to start planning responses to 'disease X' the next novel virus that would inevitably arrive. Moderna have been working on mRNA technology for a number of years. Similarly Oxford University was already working on their ChAdOx1 vaccine technology. It was that work that enabled the rapid development of a specific vaccine for Covid-19 once the genome sequence became available on 10 January 2020.

As with all conspiracy theories, there is an element of factual accuracy accompanied by wilful distortion to suit a narrative.

this is the patent 10,702,600 quoted in the third paragraph in DreamDollys post. I am no expert in patents but to me that reads that it was for MERS/SARS COV rather than Covid 19 specifically.
Thanks. Absolutely no mention of 'SARS-Cov 2' or 'Covid-19' in the patent. Must be one of the most easily and quickly busted conspiracy theories

• Angry
Reactions: 32
Well they obviously didn't. You haven't explained the origin of the document you attached to your previous post so the conclusion that the specific Covid-19 virus was developed 9 months before the disease was discovered is meaningless.

Various organisations have spent years developing new vaccine technology to cope with new and existing variations of respiratory diseases such as Lassa Fever, MERS and SARS. In 2018, the WHO identified the need to start planning responses to 'disease X' the next novel virus that would inevitably arrive. Moderna have been working on mRNA technology for a number of years. Similarly Oxford University was already working on their ChAdOx1 vaccine technology. It was that work that enabled the rapid development of a specific vaccine for Covid-19 once the genome sequence became available on 10 January 2020.

As with all conspiracy theories, there is an element of factual accuracy accompanied by wilful distortion to suit a narrative.

Thanks. Absolutely no mention of 'SARS-Cov 2' or 'Covid-19' in the patent. Must be one of the most easily and quickly busted conspiracy theories
Conspiracy theorists hardly use facts.

• Angry
Reactions: 14
Why is it a conspiracy that scientist are working on vaccines for viruses? Of course they are! I just don’t get the mindset that sees something sinister in everything, it must be bloody exhausting- but I am just a stupid sheep (with a PhD) 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
New to this thread, so glad I've found it! Long story short an old friend of mine who used to be quite normal has over the past two years really latched onto the conspiracy wagon. I'm all for being open minded but literally anything, the more ridiculous the better, is the government controlling us.

My friend is a huge fan of Chef Pete Evans who has been banned from Twitter for his outrageous outbursts. Example, he claims Covid is not real yet his next post is offering a machine which cleanses the air of Covid. It was something like 15-25,000 AUD which is a lot of money to scam from vulnerable people.

Anyway, nice to meet you all, I'm off to peruse the previous thread.

Reactions: 13
I have had a glance over some of the conspiracy posts and heard some of these theories in real life. It always strikes me that the driver for these theories is that the truth is just too boring. There must be more to it than what is essentially a harmful strain of flu. Why is it so hard to believe that a flu can spread by travel and contact. Or do they not believe any flu strain is real and all previous flu’s were just the prototype to the big flu that will manage the population? I’m yet to see any plausible explanation for why the world leaders would agree to do this.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I always find it worrying that with all the time, effort, money and planning that goes into these events they are always tripped up because basically Her from down the street at number 30 sees through their cunning plan. If I were a man in a suit, I’d make sure to run everything by Her at Number 30 before sticking the tail on the weasel.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I always find it worrying that with all the time, effort, money and planning that goes into these events they are always tripped up because basically Her from down the street at number 30 sees through their cunning plan. If I were a man in a suit, I’d make sure to run everything by Her at Number 30 before sticking the tail on the weasel.

World's most influential people, scientist, media, pretty much the world's elite, has been fooled some crazy, degraned person, who gets their information from Youtube.

Reactions: 7
What a shock, scientists don't just make vaccines for pandemics! Who knew! I thought they just sat around and waited for the next deadly pandemic. Oh wait, my mistake. They work their socks off day in and day out to help us. What a marvel modern medicine is, with it's constantly changing ways. I don't know what 'proof' a cropped piece of writing with 0 context was supposed to do but sorry, I'm not convinced that Moderna developers are time travellers. Also, stop using Bill and Melinda Gates as strange scapegoats, it is entirely possible that they, as the philanthropists, make regular donations to the development of vaccines. You could also say the same about Dolly Parton, but you don't. You know why? Because none of this 'super secret insider info' is true. If any conspiracy was true, the information wouldn't be so hard to find.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I found it easier to put a particular poster on 'ignore' as they constantly spout such utter nonsense 😉. They seem to have a lot of time on their hands, too. 🤣

Many conspiracy theories are fascinating, but the desperation to link ALL of them to COVID-19 - it became ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
What a shock, scientists don't just make vaccines for pandemics! Who knew! I thought they just sat around and waited for the next deadly pandemic. Oh wait, my mistake. They work their socks off day in and day out to help us. What a marvel modern medicine is, with it's constantly changing ways. I don't know what 'proof' a cropped piece of writing with 0 context was supposed to do but sorry, I'm not convinced that Moderna developers are time travellers. Also, stop using Bill and Melinda Gates as strange scapegoats, it is entirely possible that they, as the philanthropists, make regular donations to the development of vaccines. You could also say the same about Dolly Parton, but you don't. You know why? Because none of this 'super secret insider info' is true. If any conspiracy was true, the information wouldn't be so hard to find.
They donated over fifty million to the Liverpool School of Tropical medicine, next door the the hospital where I work, a good 15yrs ago.

Reactions: 6
I dip into CT stuff, because I genuinely enjoy reading them, but I see most of them as works of fiction, which is fine once EVERYONE involved knows they’re fictional.
covid is a weird one, my only “conspiracy“ theory around that is that the WHO are covering up for China, and we’ll never really know where the virus started, I feel it could have been man made, released by accident 🙈 but on the other hand we’re long overdue a pandemic when you take into account how we treat the planet and it’s inhabitants right now.

i feel for the really vulnerable who buy into CT theories, the dangerous ones like the covid ones that might make them put themselves in danger, either by attending these nut job “It’s a fake illness” protests or breaking rules to the point they get fined/warned, or if they drop their guard so much they genuinely do get sick, refuse a vaccine based on what they’ve been told online and no other reason, . I get angry at the ones who try to force their opinions on others, if I see someone say they want to try and “encourage others” to stop believing the lies 🙈🙈 etc etc etc.
that angers me, when it starts impacting others it gets worrying.

i think 99% of the people who do believe these theories to the extreme are probably mentally vulnerable, they’re searching out something to make them feel better.
then there are the ones who are mentally unwell,
then the ones who just have a interest in CT’s and aren’t doing anything more than discussing them.

and then there’s the dangerous ones.
Who know exactly what they’re doing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
This is the thread I need to balance my anxiety that these conspiracy theories give me lol

Reactions: 13
In my professional role we have been having training for a potential pandemic for about 15 years. This has included various scenarios and what actions would be required for the various degrees of severity. This has been done locally for each area in England and includes primary care secondary care, Public Health England*, and commissioning groups. A potential shortage of PPE was raised with the government and not acted on. Vaccine research for a potential pandemic was part of it.
*I don’t know what the process was inScotland or Wales but I would guess it was similar

Reactions: 8
This is the thread I need to balance my anxiety that these conspiracy theories give me lol
They give me anxiety too. Sometimes I can see their argument even if I don’t believe in it but I’m always glad when someone comes along and debunks. I like to think I’m open minded but they lose me when they get aggressive or condescending, I’m not naive enough to think bad things don’t happen, that there isn’t corruption or cover ups but some of their theories make very little sense. Don’t get me started on Qanon believers!

Everything that happens HAS to have something sinister behind it it seems, that only Youtube content creators can manage to see the truth of. That ship that got stuck in the Suez Canal, couldn't just be a ship that got stuck by accident. It had to be some big conspiracy linked to the Clintons and child sex trafficking or something. It's just batshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I dip into CT stuff, because I genuinely enjoy reading them, but I see most of them as works of fiction, which is fine once EVERYONE involved knows they’re fictional.
covid is a weird one, my only “conspiracy“ theory around that is that the WHO are covering up for China, and we’ll never really know where the virus started, I feel it could have been man made, released by accident 🙈 but on the other hand we’re long overdue a pandemic when you take into account how we treat the planet and it’s inhabitants right now.

i feel for the really vulnerable who buy into CT theories, the dangerous ones like the covid ones that might make them put themselves in danger, either by attending these nut job “It’s a fake illness” protests or breaking rules to the point they get fined/warned, or if they drop their guard so much they genuinely do get sick, refuse a vaccine based on what they’ve been told online and no other reason, . I get angry at the ones who try to force their opinions on others, if I see someone say they want to try and “encourage others” to stop believing the lies 🙈🙈 etc etc etc.
that angers me, when it starts impacting others it gets worrying.

i think 99% of the people who do believe these theories to the extreme are probably mentally vulnerable, they’re searching out something to make them feel better.
then there are the ones who are mentally unwell,
then the ones who just have a interest in CT’s and aren’t doing anything more than discussing them.

and then there’s the dangerous ones.
Who know exactly what they’re doing.
I'm the same as you and I've seen your posts on the CT thread. What I've never understood about a lot of the CTs, is that WHY would a lot of things are being done. For example, if covid was man-made/natural or even an oopsie that got loose (not sure what i believe there), what has anyone gained out of this? The economy is shite, people's mental health are suffering and for what? To prove a point of... Something 🤷‍♀️ perhaps I'm not much of a critical thinker or perhaps I'm too much of a critical thinker to see that this hasn't brought anyone any good.

The thing with testing kids regularly to be back at school in the UK, I've seen loads of people say that theres an ingredient which causes cancer on social media 🤔 it just reminds me of the "vaccine causes autism" argument from a few years ago.

Bill Gates can track my spending or follow me if he wants, he'll probably just give up when he realises how boring my life is lol

I'm the same as you and I've seen your posts on the CT thread. What I've never understood about a lot of the CTs, is that WHY would a lot of things are being done. For example, if covid was man-made/natural or even an oopsie that got loose (not sure what i believe there), what has anyone gained out of this? The economy is shite, people's mental health are suffering and for what? To prove a point of... Something 🤷‍♀️ perhaps I'm not much of a critical thinker or perhaps I'm too much of a critical thinker to see that this hasn't brought anyone any good.

The thing with testing kids regularly to be back at school in the UK, I've seen loads of people say that theres an ingredient which causes cancer on social media 🤔 it just reminds me of the "vaccine causes autism" argument from a few years ago.

Bill Gates can track my spending or follow me if he wants, he'll probably just give up when he realises how boring my life is lol
ok I’m not saying it true 🙈😂 but my theory on why China might have been brewing a virus would be as a type of nuclear weapon, but not one that was supposed to be used yet.
but I can post this in conversation, and not take myself so seriously that I believe nothing else and everyone else must agree with meor they’re blind fools.

i love a good discussion or debate, I WANT a thread where we could all trash it out but lord, we all know that wouldn’t work 😂
even if I don’t agree with stuff being posted I enjoy the conversation, especially around covid, the ship in the sand mentioned about....
I’ve not even looked at 🙈 ships get stuck, it wasn’t Bill, Trump didn’t save the day 😂

Poor Bill gets an awful time online. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.