Anti Conspiracy Theories #2 when a YouTube video just won’t do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
most likely!
But I’m open to other options without needing to tell the world “just wait” 😂

this is something I’ve said on the CT thread, I believe nothing, I’m open to everything, I won’t fall for bullshit and (to a point) I won’t critise anyone who does once it’s not harming them or others around them.
most CT’s are innocent and don’t impact people, lately, that’s changed. That’s worrying.
I agree with this. When a CT is just light hearted fun and alternative theories to explain an event it is fine. I enjoy reading about them sometimes. But then I move on and get on with my life. These theories are actually becoming harmful. I think they are having a negative effect on their mental health, perhaps physical health if they don’t believe it actually exists. It can also have an impact on vulnerable/gullible people. Luckily I only one person in real life that doesn’t believe in Covid and I don’t speak to them anyway so I am fortunate to not have to deal with nonsense in real life. It is concerning to see people actually living and breathing this CT though. As another poster said it is worse because this is happening in real time.
But yeah the people coming back from dead was a worrying prediction from an ex military person in the know! Surely they will be banged up for releasing classified info like that as they must be high up the chain of command to know all of the plans for the future of the world.

Reactions: 7
I am genuinely confused here so feel free for someone to jump in. I'm not just talking specifically about Tattle but the MSM too. Why does it matter, over a year into a global pandemic, where the virus came from? I mean, I know it matters from a legal perspective (I guess) but why is it suddenly being declared as this big public interest? Okay, maybe at the start that information would've been useful to curb infections or 'eliminate' the source. But a year later? Why? What does the average Joe expect to do? Storm China? The information is useless to the public and there are much bigger things going on (in England, at least) than where the virus originated. If only the government put as much umph into actually eradicating the virus as they did playing the blame game, we might have actually gotten somewhere by now.
I don't think there is a huge focus by our government on the source of the pandemic. As I said, those that seem most keen to opine on it and are most certain that they know the answers appear to be those advancing various conspiracy theories about lab-manufactured viruses, biological weapons and conspiracies by 'Big Pharma'.

That said it would seem to me to be a good idea to understand how the pandemic originated in order to try to stop it happening again. For example, if it did come from a a "wet food' market in China then maybe it would be a good idea to monitor them more closely in future or even ban them altogether (if that were possible). The WHO are conducting an investigation but it's still in its early stages.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
It takes a long time to eradicate viruses, especially one this large. The SARS-CoV outbreak was 2002-2004 with significantly lower numbers of infected/deaths compared to COVID 19.

Reactions: 4
most CT’s are innocent and don’t impact people, lately, that’s changed. That’s worrying.
It's become very manipulative, trying to play on people's emotions. Very like how some of the grifting 'influencers' behave, really. And of course some people fall for it, because we can all have soft hearts and sympathy, and so then we are prepared to read their nonsense and be taken in by it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yes, it's worrying. It causes actual harm.

Reactions: 9
I am genuinely confused here so feel free for someone to jump in. I'm not just talking specifically about Tattle but the MSM too. Why does it matter, over a year into a global pandemic, where the virus came from? I mean, I know it matters from a legal perspective (I guess) but why is it suddenly being declared as this big public interest? Okay, maybe at the start that information would've been useful to curb infections or 'eliminate' the source. But a year later? Why? What does the average Joe expect to do? Storm China? The information is useless to the public and there are much bigger things going on (in England, at least) than where the virus originated. If only the government put as much umph into actually eradicating the virus as they did playing the blame game, we might have actually gotten somewhere by now.
If it can provide help scientifically or medically, otherwise it is unimportant. Tracing the origin of the virus can help I imagine to combat it? But I wonder how often they are truly able to. Unless, as you say, there are legal implications i.e. if it was accidentally or purposefully released from a lab or somewhere.

Reactions: 2
I would agree that finding the source of the virus important as things can be put in place to prevent it happening again. IF it was released from a lab then we need to know how, if was an accident or malicious or an act of sabotage. However, despite that we need to work internationally to reduce disease by a combination of vaccines and isolating cases. so we can work towards some kind of normality. Previous pandemics have lasted around 2 years so I think we are only half way through but hopefully going in the right direction.

now this attitude confuses me even more than some CT’s 🙈

China refused to allow the WHO access to wuhan to conduct an investigation, Only now are they releasing their findings, however true they are, considering all evidence had pretty much been wiped.
it is EXTREMELY important that we learn where it came from and why?
this is so closed minded.
Like if it’s not on your doorstep it’s not your problem.

Reactions: 2
now this attitude confuses me even more than some CT’s 🙈

China refused to allow the WHO access to wuhan to conduct an investigation, Only now are they releasing their findings, however true they are, considering all evidence had pretty much been wiped.
it is EXTREMELY important that we learn where it came from and why?
this is so closed minded.
Like if it’s not on your doorstep it’s not your problem.
is that true? This article suggests otherwise:

only recently were they allowed to go in to conduct a full investigation, it was all over the news as they arrived there and went straight into quarantine, their movements were controlled and they came back with the findings that have been released now.

From today;

The head of the World Health Organisation last night appeared to dismiss the findings of his own agency’s report into the origins of coronavirus.
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus admitted it was ‘not extensive enough’ and suggested China had hampered investigations by withholding key data.
His comments prompted the UK and 13 allies to express ‘concerns’ and demand that experts are given ‘full access’ to get to the bottom of the issue.
A WHO-backed team spent four weeks in Wuhan, China, in January and February trying to trace the source of the outbreak.
The team concluded it was ‘extremely unlikely’ that the pathogen was leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology. But Mr Ghebreyesus said the matter required further investigation – potentially with additional missions to China.
He said: ‘I do not believe that this assessment was extensive enough.
‘Further data and studies will be needed to reach more robust conclusions.’
Researchers have previously revealed they were denied access to raw data on early cases of Covid. The WHO chief added: ‘In my discussions with the team, they expressed the difficulties they encountered in accessing raw data. I expect future collaborative studies to include more timely and comprehensive data sharing.’
A statement backed by the UK, US and others said: ‘We join in expressing shared concerns regarding the recent WHO-convened study in China.
‘The international expert study on the source of the SARS-CoV-2 virus was significantly delayed and lacked access to complete, original data and samples.’ The virology institute studies some of the most dangerous diseases and previously conducted extensive research into the links between bats and disease outbreaks.
Investigators said the most likely origin of Covid was transmission from bats to humans through an unidentified animal, while the least likely was a leak from the Wuhan lab.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
only recently were they allowed to go in to conduct a full investigation, it was all over the news as they arrived there and went straight into quarantine, their movements were controlled and they came back with the findings that have been released now.

From today;

The head of the World Health Organisation last night appeared to dismiss the findings of his own agency’s report into the origins of coronavirus.
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus admitted it was ‘not extensive enough’ and suggested China had hampered investigations by withholding key data.
His comments prompted the UK and 13 allies to express ‘concerns’ and demand that experts are given ‘full access’ to get to the bottom of the issue.
A WHO-backed team spent four weeks in Wuhan, China, in January and February trying to trace the source of the outbreak.
The team concluded it was ‘extremely unlikely’ that the pathogen was leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology. But Mr Ghebreyesus said the matter required further investigation – potentially with additional missions to China.
He said: ‘I do not believe that this assessment was extensive enough.
‘Further data and studies will be needed to reach more robust conclusions.’
Researchers have previously revealed they were denied access to raw data on early cases of Covid. The WHO chief added: ‘In my discussions with the team, they expressed the difficulties they encountered in accessing raw data. I expect future collaborative studies to include more timely and comprehensive data sharing.’
A statement backed by the UK, US and others said: ‘We join in expressing shared concerns regarding the recent WHO-convened study in China.
‘The international expert study on the source of the SARS-CoV-2 virus was significantly delayed and lacked access to complete, original data and samples.’ The virology institute studies some of the most dangerous diseases and previously conducted extensive research into the links between bats and disease outbreaks.
Investigators said the most likely origin of Covid was transmission from bats to humans through an unidentified animal, while the least likely was a leak from the Wuhan lab.
Jaysus, I think you are morphing into one of “them”! You’ll be putting a 28-hour video on next! 😂😂😂

• Haha
Jaysus, I think you are morphing into one of “them”! You’ll be putting a 28-hour video on next! 😂😂😂
and this is what I say on both threads, there are things I question, it’s RIGHT to question some things, but I need it to hold more weight than a YouTub/Facebook upload and a few twitter posts.

China are covering something up and they have been from day one, that is pretty much known 😆

Reactions: 10
and this is what I say on both threads, there are things I question, it’s RIGHT to question some things, but I need it to hold more weight than a YouTub/Facebook upload and a few twitter posts.

China are covering something up and they have been from day one, that is pretty much known 😆
Absolutely, of course it’s right to question things, blind faith in anything is dangerous. I also believe China are culpable but I don’t believe they are responsible for all of the ills of the world - we all know that’s down to Bill the Bastard 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6

to be fair, I’d say that China not covering something up is more likely to be the conspiracy theory! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Totally agree. I just draw the line at it being an international conspiracy, involving Bill Gates.
An major international conspiracy that has accidentally left loads of incriminating evidence all over the internet that Janet off Facebook has found, no less

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
It's become very manipulative, trying to play on people's emotions. Very like how some of the grifting 'influencers' behave, really. And of course some people fall for it, because we can all have soft hearts and sympathy, and so then we are prepared to read their nonsense and be taken in by it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yes, it's worrying. It causes actual harm.
Yes and they say in that thread how nasty we are all, and yet they make others feel uncomfortable by 'laugh' reacting, and yet cry victim when someone does it back to them.

I personally dont feel comfortable posting in there, which is a shame because im geniuenly interested in what people have to say and what they believe in. But i cant be arsed with all the manipulative bullshit that goes on.

• Angry
I do think there's an element of control for some people. When things happen for no reason it's scary, especially with pandemics etc. If there's a theory it was a planned event then it's not as scary and has a reason for happening. For example the covid virus. It being something that was created and released is easier to accept then its something that happened out of the blue.

Not everyone, some just love the theories.

Reactions: 4
I really do not understand how despite the many many different articles/links for trusted sources debunking the conspiracies, some conspiracy theorists still choose to believe articles that are deemed conspiracies that are weak or by discredited experts. Although I expect they would see that as part of the conspiracy.
There is one area that I find more annoying and upsetting than others and that is those people deny Covid exists. Myself and my colleagues have worked hard caring for people with Covid and in some cases not only seen patients die but also friends, family and colleagues.
There have been occasions when wards have been quiet and it is certainly true A&E attendance dropped especially at the beginning of the pandemic. In someways this was positive because people were not attending for minor issues that should be either self care or managed by the persons GP. However, thanks to scaremongering people were also not attending A&E or seeking help early when they needed too.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I do think there's an element of control for some people. When things happen for no reason it's scary, especially with pandemics etc. If there's a theory it was a planned event then it's not as scary and has a reason for happening. For example the covid virus. It being something that was created and released is easier to accept then its something that happened out of the blue.

...and the feeling of superiority.

• Angry

You know, I love the theories. Some might turn out to be true. Some might not.
But the desperate extrapolation of Every. Single. Thing. into a world wide web of evil and corruption - well. Of course evil and corruption exist, and not solely amongst the very rich. But actually most people are NOT essentially evil and corrupt. And the crazed postings of those who claim "I was in the military" "I do my research" "I know the truth" - none of this is helping anyone. They're not doing anything useful, posting on the Internet, just upsetting vulnerable people.
And I notice, when challenged, they fade into the background. Hopefully they have a fulfilling real life to go to!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.