Anti Conspiracy Theories #2 when a YouTube video just won’t do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dip into CT stuff, because I genuinely enjoy reading them, but I see most of them as works of fiction, which is fine once EVERYONE involved knows they’re fictional.
covid is a weird one, my only “conspiracy“ theory around that is that the WHO are covering up for China, and we’ll never really know where the virus started, I feel it could have been man made, released by accident 🙈 but on the other hand we’re long overdue a pandemic when you take into account how we treat the planet and it’s inhabitants right now.

i feel for the really vulnerable who buy into CT theories, the dangerous ones like the covid ones that might make them put themselves in danger, either by attending these nut job “It’s a fake illness” protests or breaking rules to the point they get fined/warned, or if they drop their guard so much they genuinely do get sick, refuse a vaccine based on what they’ve been told online and no other reason, . I get angry at the ones who try to force their opinions on others, if I see someone say they want to try and “encourage others” to stop believing the lies 🙈🙈 etc etc etc.
that angers me, when it starts impacting others it gets worrying.

i think 99% of the people who do believe these theories to the extreme are probably mentally vulnerable, they’re searching out something to make them feel better.
then there are the ones who are mentally unwell,
then the ones who just have a interest in CT’s and aren’t doing anything more than discussing them.

and then there’s the dangerous ones.
Who know exactly what they’re doing.
There is one in particular who is spilling all sorts of garbage today and some are lapping it up because he was in the “military” before he became a soothsayer 😂😂 Judging by the spelling and grammar there’s a 12 year old somewhere having a right giggle!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Just had a nosey at the conspiracy thread and it is actually scary. I don’t know how they dare walk out of the door with the powers that be plotting against them at every opportunity. Noticed that someone moaned that anti conspiracists were posting on there. Same person that has put angry reactions on peoples previous unrelated posts! I think conspiracies like this really become all consuming for some and it must be taking its toll. To think when I first ventured into that thread I thought that it would be a laugh and theories about 2pac and princess Di! How wrong was I!

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Just had a nosey at the conspiracy thread and it is actually scary. I don’t know how they dare walk out of the door with the powers that be plotting against them at every opportunity. Noticed that someone moaned that anti conspiracists were posting on there. Same person that has put angry reactions on peoples previous unrelated posts! I think conspiracies like this really become all consuming for some and it must be taking its toll. To think when I first ventured into that thread I thought that it would be a laugh and theories about 2pac and princess Di! How wrong was I!

How about the fake Paul McCartney?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The big difference between other conspiracy theories and covid conspiracy theories is the covid ones are running along side real time events. Think about it, all other CP theories are after the fact (moon landings, 9/11 etc). Where as this current "thinking" can evolve and change to suit the latest news and in turn be twisted to suit the conspiracy narrative. If the net was about during the 40s people would be disputing WW2!

Reactions: 11
"I served in the military and so I know things others don't" has to be one of the funniest assertions ever. Yeah, clearly a high ranking officer with access to top secret information. You can really tell.

It's weird that conspiracy theorists come to this thread to leave reactions or posts, but then complain if others go to the conspiracy theory thread. We're all equal.

It used to be entertaining but now it seems nasty. 🙁

Reactions: 8
this is the patent 10,702,600 quoted in the third paragraph in a users post. I am no expert in patents but to me that reads that it was for MERS/SARS COV rather than Covid 19 specifically.
Sars Cov2 IS Covid 19....🤦‍♀️
Mers (Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome) is a connected virus.

Reactions: 3
Just googled "Justia covid 19 vaccine" and it threw up a variety of debunking articles. The patent conspiracies have been doing the rounds in various forms for ages it appears 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2

And SARS-COV-1 is SARS, not the current COVID-19. It's perfectly reasonable that an old patent would refer to SARS as SARS-COV because we didn't have COV-2 then to make the distinction.

There is one in particular who is spilling all sorts of garbage today and some are lapping it up because he was in the “military” before he became a soothsayer 😂😂 Judging by the spelling and grammar there’s a 12 year old somewhere having a right giggle!
That was really weird wasn't it? I liked the bit about dead people coming back to life.

• Haha
And SARS-COV-1 is SARS, not the current COVID-19. It's perfectly reasonable that an old patent would refer to SARS as SARS-COV because we didn't have COV-2 then to make the distinction.
Yes, the patent doesn't refer to covid19/sars cov2?

Also, this one is confusing to me. I've seen it posted a few times now with the assertion it was created a year/9 months before. Its quite clearly the expansion of an original patent filed in 2015 and we know they've worked on coronavirus vaccines for years before the pandemic.

Reactions: 4
The big difference between other conspiracy theories and covid conspiracy theories is the covid ones are running along side real time events. Think about it, all other CP theories are after the fact (moon landings, 9/11 etc). Where as this current "thinking" can evolve and change to suit the latest news and in turn be twisted to suit the conspiracy narrative. If the net was about during the 40s people would be disputing WW2!
A lot of the Covid-19 CTs are of the what I call "I wouldn't be surprised if ..." type. Take something that has happened, something that is rumoured might happen in the near future and then project it into some sort of catastrophic event e.g. vaccines ... vaccine passports .... forced vaccinations.

"Connected' in as much as it is the same type of virus as Covid-19. What's your point?

Are we having a zombie apocalypse now?
I didn't see that in the master plan. I hate zombies (freak me right out) but Mr P will be delighted as he would love a good zombie attack.

• Haha
covid is a weird one, my only “conspiracy“ theory around that is that the WHO are covering up for China, and we’ll never really know where the virus started, I feel it could have been man made, released by accident 🙈 but on the other hand we’re long overdue a pandemic when you take into account how we treat the planet and it’s inhabitants right now.
My understanding was that COVID-19 came from an animal, like MERS? I definitely think China have done a cover up on how many people were infected/died and when they knew about the virus, but I really don't believe it was man made/released by accident.

My understanding was that COVID-19 came from an animal, like MERS? I definitely think China have done a cover up on how many people were infected/died and when they knew about the virus, but I really don't believe it was man made/released by accident.
most likely!
But I’m open to other options without needing to tell the world “just wait” 😂

this is something I’ve said on the CT thread, I believe nothing, I’m open to everything, I won’t fall for bullshit and (to a point) I won’t critise anyone who does once it’s not harming them or others around them.
most CT’s are innocent and don’t impact people, lately, that’s changed. That’s worrying.

Apparently it is a FACT that it was man made and you will see that too......as long as you do your own research and open your eyes.

• Haha
  • Sick
Apparently it is a FACT that it was man made and you will see that too......as long as you do your own research and open your eyes.
As I understand it nobody knows for sure what was the origin of Covid-19. It could have been transmission from an animal, it could have been centred on the 'wet market' at Hunan in China, it could have been developed in a laboratory as part of research into viruses and 'escaped, I suppose it could even have been developed as a biological weapon.

What is notable is that the only people who are certain appear to be CT-ers who know for a fact that it's origins were nefarious.

Reactions: 6
I am genuinely confused here so feel free for someone to jump in. I'm not just talking specifically about Tattle but the MSM too. Why does it matter, over a year into a global pandemic, where the virus came from? I mean, I know it matters from a legal perspective (I guess) but why is it suddenly being declared as this big public interest? Okay, maybe at the start that information would've been useful to curb infections or 'eliminate' the source. But a year later? Why? What does the average Joe expect to do? Storm China? The information is useless to the public and there are much bigger things going on (in England, at least) than where the virus originated. If only the government put as much umph into actually eradicating the virus as they did playing the blame game, we might have actually gotten somewhere by now.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.