Anti Conspiracy Theories #2 when a YouTube video just won’t do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From what I can ascertain something doing the rounds now is Covid was released/the vaccine is purposely botched to kill off the elderly. I won't go into my feelings about how highly offensive that is, but apparently it's some kind of population control?

Why do this in first world countries which of course will have better access to the vaccines? Why not start in Central
America where over crowding and grinding poverty are a real problem? An AIDS hot spot like an African country? It will never make sense to me.

Reactions: 1
The truth will be coming out......soon.....ish. The cosmic healers have said so. Or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
From what I can ascertain something doing the rounds now is Covid was released/the vaccine is purposely botched to kill off the elderly. I won't go into my feelings about how highly offensive that is, but apparently it's some kind of population control?

Why do this in first world countries which of course will have better access to the vaccines? Why not start in Central
America where over crowding and grinding poverty are a real problem? An AIDS hot spot like an African country? It will never make sense to me.
If it was to kill the elderly, lower the pension costs etc then they would have never gone into lockdown. They would have let the virus rip though the population.

Reactions: 8
RE the magnet/vaccine thing, saw a few videos of anti-CTs showing that, if the magnet has the right backing (that floppy black kind), it can in fact stick to skin anyway. Much like a suction cup can stick to a bathroom tile but not a plain wall. It's absolutely hilarious. Another of my fave vaccine myths was the it 'contained dead babies' when in fact it does not even contain foetal cells (another theory quickly debunked using the old brain and ingredients list). I've heard the infertility rumour going around a lot, there's absolutely no evidence for this claim and has been, again, disproved by the medical community. For a group of such critical thinkers, why can they not do their research and use actual reliable sources? Must it always be weird screen caps from Mark down the pub who recently got barred for not wearing a mask?
To be fair they would say that they do research their claims while those of us that disagree with conspiracy theories simply click on links to mainstream media which we uncritically regurgitate.

Their 'research' seems mainly to be trawling social media that promotes conspiracy theories e.g. Telegram, Bitchute, Odyssey, Brand New Tube etc. I see very little sign that they apply any critical thinking to what they find there. The fact that Facebook, YouTube and Twitter don't allow Covid related conspiracy theories is simply proof of the cover up by the mainstream media.

I've always felt that with CTs the 'Sagan standard' of 'extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence' should apply. My experience is that usually the opposite is true in that many of the claims don't stand up to the slightest scrutiny.

Reactions: 4
View attachment 569840I think this picture that appeared on the CT thread earlier is just horrible. And shows a complete lack of understanding for what's going on in the world just now as well as a disgusting lack of respect for countless families.
As a person who lost their Dad to covid, this picture is disgusting. If somebody saw that who is grieving the loss of a loved one to covid its disgusting, and also to an NHS staff member it's truly disgusting
The nurse who looked after my Dad in ICU was phenomenal. I went to see my Dad to represent my family and to call my Mum so she could say goodbye (April 2020)
My Dad did not die because the nurses were too busy filming tiktoks, he died because covid ravaged his body.
Makes me mad when CT post comments like what was their actual cause of death...without Covid my Dad would be here now.
That cartoon shows how deluded and so far removed from reality these CT are and I'm sorry but that is my opinion and I have no time for anybody who tells me this whole pandemic is a scam.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Well according to what I've just read in the Conspiracy Theory thread it's the vaccines that are going to reduce the population. I guess that explains why Covid is a hoax/ exaggerated / generated in a lab (take your pick) i.e. to give a reason for the vaccines. The different vaccines are aimed at different sections of the population; one to kill off the elderly (something to do with the mRNA in the vaccine being triggered to attack our own body) and another for the young to cause infertility.

So why do 'they' want to reduce the population? Well apparently 'they' have decided that because 'they' use the quick checkout at Waitrose, there is no real need for plebs in the future. Well it's something like that. And as a useful sideline 'they' can make a ton of money in the process.

It's not quite clear why, if 'they can engineer a virus that isn't really dangerous but is used to fake a pandemic so that 'they' can engineer a virus that is dangerous, why 'they' didn't just engineer a dangerous virus and non dangerous vaccine that 'they' can take. Surely that would be a more effective way of killing us off without the problems of anti-vaxxers and convincing people to have the vaccine. Clearly I am no good at conspiracies.

It's also probably churlish to point out that there are fears about the effects of falling populations in long term and that in some parts of the world at least, 'they' are encouraging people to have more children article:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Apparently 'they' also control the weather, so I do wonder why 'they' would go to the effort of creating a virus and a vaccine when it would be much more efficient to just build themselves an ark and make it rain for 40 days and nights.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I wondered where the idea that ‘Bastard’ Bill Gates is desperate to cull the population and plans to do it with vaccines came from.

It is likely it originated from a 2010 ‘TED talk’ presentation on climate change where Gates said that population was one of the factors that needed to be controlled in order to reduce carbon emissions. What he actually said was that the population was forecast to grow from 6.8 billion to 9 billion. However with new vaccines, health care and reproductive health services the increase could be reduced by “10 or 15 percent”.

This reflects the idea that particularly in the third world, families tend to have more children in the expectation that they won’t all live. However if child mortality can be reduced by improving health care and vaccination, it will result in fewer children being born. It’s fair to say that this isn’t a universally accepted theory. He has continued to talk about this although more recently he has acknowledged that population growth has slowed and is even falling in many parts of the world. In 2012 he said in an interview “… the problem is that the population is growing the fastest where people are less able to deal with it … Niger, right now, it's still seven children per family…”

As usual, unscrupulous grifters and conspiracy theorists could not wait to twist this to suit their own agenda. For example in 2019, an excerpt from a video emerged on Twitter in which a ‘Dr’ Robert Young claimed that Gates had said “…at least 3 billion people need to die. So we’ll just start off in Africa. We’ll start doing our research there and we’ll eliminate most of the Africans because they are deplorable, they are worthless.” Naturally within the last year this video has resurfaced on social media as part of the avalanche of Covid-19 conspiracy theories.

Robert O. Young holds doctorates in naturopathy and nutrition from the Clayton College of Natural Health. He claims that viruses don’t exist and thus obviously that vaccines don’t work and are harmful. He believes that cancer (and a myriad of other health conditions) can be cured with an ‘alkalarian’ lifestyle which he promoted in a best selling book.

He has also been charged several times over more than ten years with practicing medicine without a licence and finally in 2017 was sentenced to 44 months in jail on 2 counts of the same charge and also theft. In sentencing he admitted that he has no degrees from any accredited schools, that he had bought his diplomas and that he is not “"a microbiologist, hematologist, medical doctor, naturopathic doctor, or trained scientist”. In 2018 he was ordered to pay $105 million to a cancer patient for claiming he was a doctor and advising her to refuse traditional medical treatment. She was only one of a number of people that he ‘treated’ with his ‘ph Miracle’ as reported by the BBC in 2017
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38650739

This the calibre of person that, for his own personal enrichment is creating the myths that are feeding the conspiracy theories that we see. Young clearly had no regard for the lives of his 'patients' so it's no surprise that he would have no scruples about lying about Bill Gates. It's a shame that conspiracy theorist's 'research' doesn't extend far enough to realise it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I haven’t read the latest posts so not sure what’s been covered but I encountered some absolute div last weekend who came on an advice page when someone was asking for advice about time of the month, and put the absolute shits up them by saying that the vaccines had been causing issues with periods and causing miscarriages! She was shot down immediately, tried to post “proof” and said it was listed on the Pfizer website. I looked at her profile and she doesn’t believe cancer should be treated by drugs either 🙄
I later went on my distant relatives page to see her spouting similar crap including a story from a woman who’s son went to his grans after she had her vax, he ended up ill and fitting from being “poisoned by toxins”. The picture below is from the same person, she’s making it look as if people are directly messaging her, has anyone encountered the same pic I can’t do a reverse search but I suspect it’s doing the rounds with the CTs. Oh and apparently non vax are now AFRAID to be around vaxxed people. Oh how the tables have turned!

E49043AC-7E06-412B-BE20-75D5084D6797.jpeg

Reactions: 5
I haven’t read the latest posts so not sure what’s been covered but I encountered some absolute div last weekend who came on an advice page when someone was asking for advice about time of the month, and put the absolute shits up them by saying that the vaccines had been causing issues with periods and causing miscarriages! She was shot down immediately, tried to post “proof” and said it was listed on the Pfizer website. I looked at her profile and she doesn’t believe cancer should be treated by drugs either 🙄
I later went on my distant relatives page to see her spouting similar crap including a story from a woman who’s son went to his grans after she had her vax, he ended up ill and fitting from being “poisoned by toxins”. The picture below is from the same person, she’s making it look as if people are directly messaging her, has anyone encountered the same pic I can’t do a reverse search but I suspect it’s doing the rounds with the CTs. Oh and apparently non vax are now AFRAID to be around vaxxed people. Oh how the tables have turned!

View attachment 573960
That picture, the blood is spattered up the inside front of the sink, unfortunately they forgot to do the same on its reflection in the mirror!

That picture, the blood is spattered up the inside front of the sink, unfortunately they forgot to do the same on its reflection in the mirror!
Good spot! The person in question is now being told to stop scaremongering, I follow with interest 😆

Reactions: 3

View attachment 573960
Couldn't find the image on Google. Anyway it doesn't 'prove' anything does it. Even if it is real and even if it's her partner there's nothing to suggest the vaccine had anything to do with it.

As for the vaccine affecting menstruation. There have been plenty of claims. Some doctors think it might but that it is not something to worry about. I believe there is some research being done but no conclusions. There is zero evidence that the vaccine causes miscarriages although that it not enough for some people.

Claims about vaccine 'shedding' have been knocking about for a few weeks and have been thoroughly debunked although it didn't stop the claim that it caused one woman's dog to pee on her (covered upthread).

Reactions: 6
Things like that are very dangerous, they can be just enough to plant a seed of doubt in someone so I would hate to think people post things like that that aren’t true. I mean, do they? I wouldn’t judge anyone for it if they were telling the truth but if it’s made up to scare people it’s not ok.

Reactions: 2
Things like that are very dangerous, they can be just enough to plant a seed of doubt in someone so I would hate to think people post things like that that aren’t true. I mean, do they? I wouldn’t judge anyone for it if they were telling the truth but if it’s made up to scare people it’s not ok.
Interesting that you should ask because when I was researching the post I did about Bill Gates and de-population I found this (to be clear the fake is on the left). If people are prepared to fake pictures like this for their anti- bill Gates agenda why wouldn't they do this same for anti-vax?

172668-g1.PNG
the-bill-melinda-gates-foundation-in-seattle-EYK20B.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Interesting that you should ask because when I was researching the post I did about Bill Gates and de-population I found this (to be clear the fake is on the left). If people are prepared to fake pictures like this for their anti- bill Gates agenda why wouldn't they do this same for anti-vax?

View attachment 574022View attachment 574023
This is what I struggle with, have to admit some things have got to me through this pandemic but my husband is very rational and whenever I worry about something he rips it apart in a very logical and sensible way. But when people are willing to fake things and then tell you that it’s everyone else that’s lying to you it can be difficult when you’re feeling to vulnerable to know what is real. I can understand people taking something and misunderstanding it but to actually fake something and lie, well it just makes me sad.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
This is what I struggle with, have to admit some things have got to me through this pandemic but my husband is very rational and whenever I worry about something he rips it apart in a very logical and sensible way. But when people are willing to fake things and then tell you that it’s everyone else that’s lying to you it can be difficult when you’re feeling to vulnerable to know what is real. I can understand people taking something and misunderstanding it but to actually fake something and lie, well it just makes me sad.
Trust your husband. He cares about you more than anyone on any discussion forum.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This is the most upsetting thing with fake news, lies and spreading of misinformation. It can really duck up (sorry for the language) with anyone’s mind, let alone anyone who is vulnerable or suffers with mental health, stress and anxiety.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This is the most upsetting thing with fake news, lies and spreading of misinformation. It can really duck up (sorry for the language) with anyone’s mind, let alone anyone who is vulnerable or suffers with mental health, stress and anxiety.
100% this. I am OK at the moment, but six months before the first lockdown I was in a bad place and think that some of the things I have read over the last year or so would have tipped me over the edge.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
100% this. I am OK at the moment, but six months before the first lockdown I was in a bad place and think that some of the things I have read over the last year or so would have tipped me over the edge.
I am sorry to hear you were in a bad place but glad you are okay now, hope you have family/friends close by if you ever need a support network. At the start of the pandemic I was reading too much into everything and it is shocking the amount of fake news and misinformation there is out there.

The best way of dealing with any of if is to have balance. Don't take everything that government/mass media says as a given and don't take every other alternative theory as a given too! Pick and choose, be sensible and if it's overwhelming and confusing and stressful step away and think for yourself 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.