Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
What’s with Ant’s fist pumping in the photos? It’s as if he’s trying to prove just how happy he is. A smile would suffice but I feel it’s his way of sticking two gingers up at Lisa. Classy. Why does nothing stick to this drunk driver? Anyone else’s career would have been destroyed.

Reactions: 27

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Ooh I’ve been waiting for this thread! I’m assuming Ant had a major Class A problem (...not prescription drugs) and he’s bought her silence.

Peachsquish

VIP Member
Why is she pathetic - she got a tweet from a friend and liked it, hardly a crime is it ? - Lisa Armstrong has 'liked' a tweet from a friend who sent their love to her on the day of her ex-husband's wedding day.
You could add Lisa liked a tweet from a friend on her ex husband's wedding day which was the day after Dan Wootton, to whom her ex husband has given many exclusive interviews, did a disgusting hatchet job on her in the DM including referring to the woman who Ant left her for as the love of his life. (Which Ant had described Lisa as in his and Dec's first book)

Shame Dan didn't talk to the rest of the DM staff when describing them both as single as a later article confirmed Anne Marie left her devasted husband for Ant. This was a couple of months before Ant announced his marriage was over.

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Why the fuck have a big white wedding like that when you’ve already been married before? I genuinely don’t see the point? I’ve always said that if I was famous I’d get married at Marylebone Registry office. If it’s good enough for The Beatles to get married in its good enough for anyone, anyway I digress… Everyone knows he’s just marrying his carer anyway, can’t have him falling off the waggon and ruining the ‘brand’ can we 🙄

• Haha

Anon_Miss

Dec seems OK, or more ok than Ant.
Ant comes across as an egotistical idiot..and that is putting it politely.

The accident he caused due to his drink driving, he got off lucky. He seems to be protected by ITV and any other powers that be. The fine he got was merely small change for someone like him. Then the fact his jobs were waiting for him when he was ready to return? That does not happen in the real world, does it? I'm guessing that if that happened to be anyone else, they would be dismissed and shamed. Whereas he waltzed back in to his presenting roles, no questions asked.

His ex wife stood by him through all his struggles and this is how he treated her?

She deserves so much better than than him and I hope her new man is treating her well.

Ant's new woman comes across as very arrogant. So I guess her and Ant are perfect for eachother.

It also always bugged me how he seemed to use Lisa's dog, Hurley. He bought him for her, so Hurley is HER dog, yet somehow he has managed to still share him. He knows how much Hurley means to her, it just seemed like a really intentional move to hurt her. Again, showing his vindictiveness.

Ant and Dec seem to be everywhere. If they aren't on TV presenting I'm a Celeb which is so overdone now and needs a rest, or BGT, which again is so overdone, they are presenting their own show or on an advert. They seem to be everywhere.

margaretta

VIP Member
There is something about Ant’s new relationship that feels so false; like he is trying too hard to prove a point. Especially with the repeated bitterness against Lisa. The Dan Wootten article was the pits.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
I'm getting a bit tired of Ant and Dec. I used to like them but they are getting a bit old for their 'cheeky chappie' routine. The problem is that there is no one to replace them as no other presenting talent has been brought forward and developed. At this rate we'll be stuck with them until they are doddery old men!!!

As for Ant and Lisa both were probably at fault. He cheated on her for sure but she must have been enabling his addiction problem. It was well known that they both enjoyed partying. It would have been difficult for him to stay after rehab if she was still partying hard. I think that they were probably both indulging in drink/drugs. This meant that the relationship had to end but weirdly she couldn't accept it.

It is horrible being dumped by your partner and cheated on but she has acted strangely by trying to cling on and seems very bitter. Unlike most women who are dumped she doesn't have any money worries and she has a job. Move on Lisa, glam up and show the world that you don't care anymore.

The only refreshing thing about the split was that Ant didn't immediately start dating a 20 year old model. At least he went for someone age appropriate.
How did she try to cling on? She supported him through rehab and then as soon as he left he shacked up with the PA.... didn’t she find out about the PA through the papers?
Lisa hasn’t sold any stories, she had the paps hounding her and she liked a few comments on Twitter. She’s not once spoke about him. I get people love ant and Dec and that’s fine, but come on lisa hasn’t done anything wrong. It’s been dragged out so long because ANT wanted a non disclosure and everything on his terms, and why should he?
yes they broke up and that happens, but they way he did it or was advised to was poor. It was clear he’d obviously had a thing with this pa before announcing his split. He didn’t just come straight from rehab to getting with his pa. funny how his new missus seems to forget she has kids?

• Heart

missmickey

VIP Member
This celebrity photoshoot in front of the flower arch is like OK magazine circa 2002. It screams a big fat deal with the papers: smile for the tabloids and I'll treat you to a #taxdeductible massage. Pippy Scofe posed solo but dragged Ms Lavendar along. :oops:
Looks like Cat and Paddy made the most of the £1K kiddie-free snooze in. He looks like he couldn't find the floss, she's rocking a cracking pair of bed sock marks. #youcanleaveyoursockson #middleagedparenting
46400315-9871517-image-a-64_1628337505348.jpg

You can keep your socks on.JPG

Last edited:
  • Haha

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Team Lisa. I think she’s gone through so much and deserves so much happiness. She’s been able to have a successful career and so what if she’s liked a few tweets. She’s had to put up with being scrutinised and criticised for her looks, lost jobs, had her heart ripped to shreds. I cannot understand how Ant was able to have Hurley (partial custody) when Hurley was in the car during the accident. Ant should have lost his career but instead is able to pick up where he left. It’s a disgrace.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Awww she looks beautiful.
She does, but then most brides do on their wedding day. As for that disgusting Dan Wootton article claiming she’s ‘the love of his life‘, pass me the sick bucket. Just another attempt at sticking the boot into Lisa, who’s also moved on and happy, Cant have that though either can we? Lisa moving on and being happy with her life. She always has to be the villain in the piece.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Allegedly Lisa went through years of fertility treatment which can also take its toll on a woman’s looks.

Vloggerfam

VIP Member
I disagree. I don't for a single second he gaslighted her. I do however believe the media was problematic.

But she also didn't make things easier for herself by publicly supporting nasty statements about them etc
All she did was like some tweets and why shouldn’t she when her drunk ex husband nearly killed someone yet the paps were hounding her trying to get the worst pictures possible whilst ant did exclusive woe is me interviews.

she never commented and she never sold her story. She’s also got her own career. She was clearly heartbroken so yeah maybe liking tweets wasn’t a great idea but you don’t think when you are in that moment

Peachsquish

VIP Member
As someone who was married to a raging alcoholic for years I know all about it.
Being an alcoholic doesn't and shouldn't stop you having a sense of humour.

As for him not defending Lisa to the press well we don't know why that is do we? Maybe she was a right cow behind closed doors (I'm not saying she was as like everyone else nobody knows).

As for those going on about it being the decent thing to inform Lisa about their wedding date, why should he?
Lisa and him are divorced, they have no kids together so they don't owe each other any explanations about anything.

Being an alcoholic doesn't and shouldn't mean you can't have a sense of humour about it.

I don't know why he didn't defend Lisa to the press.
Maybe she was a right cow behind closed doors (before anyone gets their knickers in a teist I'm not saying she was cause like everyone else none of us know) or maybe he felt it would add fuel to the fire?

As for those saying about decency to inform Lisa about the date of his wedding, why should he?
They are divorced, have no kids so neither of them owe each other explanations like that imo.
He didn't have to defend her, all he or even his management company had to do was ask that she be left in privacy instead of the Ant and Anne Marie loved up arranged pap shots versus the clearly unarranged pap shots of Lisa.

And considering he is a well known celebrity and will have known this second wedding was not a quiet simple affair but full on showbiz plastered across the papers and also knowing the papers would be going after Lisa, then yes he should have had the common decency to have her informed privately about the date.

The Dan Wootton article most definitely proves that point beyond all reasonable doubt and he, his management company and Dan Wootton should all be ashamed of themselves for allowing that piece to be printed.
They may not have had kids but they were together since 1994, his own words below
20210808_103551.jpg

I hope as much as anyone else he is happy and healthy but your happiness shouldn't depend on dragging other people down, or allowing your management company to do it for you to make yourself appear better.

• Sad
Reactions: 25

coconochanel

VIP Member
Sorry but I wouldn't want my kids to call their stepdad 'dad' esp as you say they arn't small children. Ant is a miserable bugger off camera. I know someone who met him at a signing and said you could tell he didn't want to be there and could hardly be bothered to smile.

The thing that I thought was wrong was when BGT sacked Lisa.

Reactions: 25

kev1974

VIP Member
I bet ITV will be glad when this day is over

Any disasters at the hotel and their entire stock of performing seals could be wiped out.

We know Holden is on holiday, but maybe Willoughby's taken one for the team and been locked in a bunker somewhere else to make sure they've still got someone left to put on TV if everyone else on their books is wiped out.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

House of Tea

VIP Member
Piers Morgan (spit) is firmly Team Lisa. He thinks Ant has behaved appallingly to his ex. I wonder what he knows about Ant. He would know the full kit and caboodle.

• Wow

House of Tea

VIP Member
Dec seems to be that what you see is what you get in terms of personality. He loves his job, he seems sorted and happy. Ant on the other hand, he looks so much healthier now, but he has dead eyes, and sometimes it is like he is being operated by remote control. There’s a photographer over there, quick flick a switch and a smile/grimace appears, but still with the dead eyes. Only in a few photos, when he is looking at Anne-Marie, do they look like they have a flicker of life to them. I think Anne-Marie is his new addiction- he needs her and her kids to keep him on track. Unfortunately he also has what a lot of us suffer from - bitchy resting face. So that’s why the rictus grin appears, at the behest of his PR. The punching of the air is not the action of a sorted man. Like it was him confirming to himself, it’s going to be okay.

I hope all parties can now appreciate their good fortune and live happier lives. I would love Lisa to thrive. She already has the career, and some powerful friends in the industry - despite best endeavours her career did not hit the skids when she was fired from BGT - plenty of £ in the bank, and a new partner.