Ant and Dec

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought Cat was great on SNT. She showed herself to be very kind especially when pulling Teddy Ant away from the flames on the cbeebies shoot . I'd have asked for Simon, Duke of Hastings to read to me but she's obviously a better person than me :p

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think I've said before but Anne Marie looks so much more like a carer than a romantic partner whenever she's pictured with Ant. There is something about their "perfect relationship" story angle that just doesn't ring true to me at all.

I'm really fed up of Ant and Dec in general at this point. I enjoy a bit of mucking around and a good giggle but with these two now in their mid 40s it just does not work for me any longer.

I wish it was easier for new blood to get a shot in the media. ITV especially is so stale and incestious I've barely watched anything on it for years.

Reactions: 17
I used to LOVE them but they’re just too old for it now. The whole “cheeky lads” thing is just getting a little desperate.
Add to that the drug addled Ant ditching Lisa in favour of “Amzie” (vom) who I agree, totally comes across as his carer (I’m just waiting for a clip of her spitting on a hankie and wiping his chops to emerge)...

This is the first time we haven’t bothered watching SNT buying the first episode; we suddenly realised we’d got two episodes recorded, went “meh” and deleted them.

.... “buying” = beyond.

Reactions: 8
It’s like background TV for us now, nothing is stand out about it . The first episode seemed fine and it went down hill so fast. Maybe lovely Olly Alexander made it good 😂

Reactions: 3
I like ant and Dec but they are just doing the same thing over and over and it’s getting boring now.

Reactions: 1
I think I've said before but Anne Marie looks so much more like a carer than a romantic partner whenever she's pictured with Ant. There is something about their "perfect relationship" story angle that just doesn't ring true to me at all.

I'm really fed up of Ant and Dec in general at this point. I enjoy a bit of mucking around and a good giggle but with these two now in their mid 40s it just does not work for me any longer.

I wish it was easier for new blood to get a shot in the media. ITV especially is so stale and incestious I've barely watched anything on it for years.
100% agree. My partner and I managed to watch 15 minutes of the SNTA at the weekend. We wriggled with discomfort at how desperate and end of the pier it was. This type of show absolutely has a place in mainstream entertainment, I just feel they are stepping backwards with their content.
It’s on par with children’s Saturday morning shows.
Just very cringe worthy tv.
Maybe I’m just getting old and boring but ITV on the whole is just churning out the same old.
I guess these guys don’t care. Why would they. It’s worked for all their career, so why stop now?!

Reactions: 6
Yeah I think the format is really tired now. Not that it was very original anyway. It’s basically one massive rip off of Noels House Party with a bit of Beadles About thrown in for good measure. They’ve even both admitted this.

Reactions: 7
I'd like to see Dec do some serious presenting or documentary type shows. I'd like to just not see Ant anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Problem is when you can't have an actual audience in studio and have all the social distancing rules, it makes doing a live interactive TV show difficult. I think they are doing well under the circumstances 🤷 My kids love the show so it's nice to sit down as a family and watch it. Its a bit of silly to distract from the tit show that is the world right now. Plus I love A&D (more so D, A has gone down in my estimation after the drink driving incident) I met them in a pub once years ago and they were lovely guys.

Reactions: 13
I'd like to see Dec do some serious presenting or documentary type shows. I'd like to just not see Ant anymore.
He could do a documentary about his years of having a beard because if he came out he would be looked down upon by his religious family, especially his priest brother.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
In order to keep it going they desperately need new material and format
It wouldn't be so bad if they kept freshening up the show. But they find a feature and do it to death. Even the little film thing they've started doing the last few series, they are getting worse and tired as an idea.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.