Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Might have been said already but this happened to me today,

when someone sends an email asking a question to the whole company/building. And instead of replying to the sender, when dozey fuckers “reply all”, so EVERYONE is included in a pointless email thread all day.
This pretty much happens everyday at my work. I use bcc alot now as I can't deal with pointless answers 🤣

Reactions: 3
I work in a bookies and a work colleague attitude to work is terrible. He comes in on a busy Saturday afternoon to do the late shift kind of the best shift to have as it's so quite you can do all your jobs and there's only 2 customers in the shop. Anyways he walks in on a busy Saturday and the first word out of his mouth all the time are I cant be ARSED with today.... excuse me i have been none stop all morning I have had just finished the backlog of 100 had 6 arguments with different customers claiming it's my fault they have lost 2 pounds on the slot machines another argument with a different customer cause the shop he placed the bet with havent captured the slip correctly. I havent had a chance to pee for 4 hours let alone check the safe from last night but it's fine you cant be arsed with today take you time babe go get a coffee and a sandwich from the shop whilst I keep the shop ticking over whilst still needing to pee but go on babe it's fine honestly your having a cant be arsed kinda day !!!

Different shop different work colleague 5 mins in to her shift oooooo my boyfriends calling me I need to take this over she goes off comes back 10 mins later oooo he wanted to chat . His just dropped you off at work what can he be that desperate to talk to you about half an hour in to her shift me am off for lunch her ooooo I need to pee I need to go to the shop I will be so quick 20 mins later she back me ok so am going am half way across the shop floor ooooo my boyfriends calling me again I need to take this. Me fine I will leave at 3.30 instead of 4.30 her ooooo you cant do that I dont want to be left alone until 7 by myself. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ all I know is I must have been a right f**ker in another life to end up working with this witch in this life

Reactions: 5
Different shop different work colleague 5 mins in to her shift oooooo my boyfriends calling me I need to take this over she goes comes back 10 mins later oooo he wanted to chat .
Omg my old manager was like this. Had her mobile phone on loud on her desk. Would always take calls from her husband and chat about what they were going to have for tea that night and any only shite. Whereas I’d get tutted at and side-eyed if I used my phone for 5 seconds to send a quick text.

Reactions: 5
My colleague wanted to arrange a meeting so we can talk through improving a process that doesn't need improving, just so she can act like she's more engaged than me and might get offered a perm role when both our contracts come to an end. She is a genuine snake 🐍 she also went behind my back to tattle on me about stuff that wasn't her business and my manager didn't care about.

Anyway, I told her no as it's a waste of time (deadass don't care) and that the process is fine and I'm super busy with actual work. Then when she insisted, I obliged and then booked it for 2:30pm on a Friday as she'll need to scuttle off and collect her child shortly after, so the meeting won't drag. 😈

I sound like such a bleep but why do people meet for meeting sake?

Also had an interview invite for an internal job (basically one-step up and perm) and the lady who sent it works in the same office as me and called me by some random name in the interview invite. I declined because I don't want to work here permanently anymore 😂
I've also seen how lazy and tit she is as a manager so no thanks bby x

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
why do people meet for meeting sake?
This is one of my biggest pet peeves!! Now I'm working from home indefinitely (thanks, covid) it happens more and more and my boss adds me to every bloody meeting, even when I'm really not needed.

Reactions: 7
My colleague wanted to arrange a meeting so we can talk through improving a process that doesn't need improving, just so she can act like it is she's more engaged than me and might get offered a perm role when both our contracts come to an end. She is a genuine snake 🐍 she also went behind my back to tattle on me about stuff that wasn't her business and my manager didn't care about.

Anyway, I told her no as it's a waste of time (deadass don't care) and that the process is fine and I'm super busy with actual work. Then when she insisted, I obliged and then booked it for 2:30pm on a Friday as she'll need to scuttle off and collect her child shortly after, so the meeting won't drag. 😈

I sound like such a bleep but why do people meet for meeting sake?

Also had an interview invite for an internal job (basically one-step up and perm) and the lady who sent it works in the same office as me and called me by some random name in the interview invite. I declined because I don't want to work here permanently anymore 😂
I've also seen how lazy and tit she is as a manager so no thanks bby x
my boss is the worst for meetings that just drag ON and on, a conversation that could be a quick 15 minute chat will drag on (and I am not joking 3 hours) , on one occasion I meeting I was (thankfully) not part of lasted 6 hours, apparently the majority of it was just chit chat and small talk with everyone else looking at their watches thinking about the work they had to do while he just rambled on

• Wow
Reactions: 6
my boss is the worst for meetings that just drag ON and on, a conversation that could be a quick 15 minute chat will drag on (and I am not joking 3 hours) , on one occasion I meeting I was (thankfully) not part of lasted 6 hours, apparently the majority of it was just chit chat and small talk with everyone else looking at their watches thinking about the work they had to do while he just rambled on
We have one monthly meeting booked in for 1.5 hours. Always lasts every minute of it.

This month the chair was on leave so a colleague chaired instead. The whole meeting took 16 minutes!!! Amazing how quickly these things can be done when there isn't someone waffling away

• Haha
  • Wow
Not work. I have some of the laziest colleagues I’ve ever met and I’ve got myself stuck in a position where if I don’t do the work, no one else will but no one else will do the work because they know eventually I’ll just do it. Talks with management are pointless because nothing changes and I’m pretty sure she’s scared of them. I just can’t understand how they are happy to sit there doing absolutely nothing

Reactions: 11
My colleagues pretend they don't know what they are doing when they are given a task they don't like 🙄 management know but do nothing about it and just expect others to do the tasks instead!
One of my colleagues disappears at peak times! How these people stay in jobs baffles me 😅

The ones who treat the office as a second home. Everything spread out, lots of different drawers for their bits and bats. Toasters, kettles, microwaves all going on rotation throughout the day. And you can forget about a look in at the fridge.

Also there's a perfected skill people have of making small tasks last all day. Need to get on it I think!

• Haha
Today I left a 12 pack of babybells in the work fridge to take home and some greedy fucker ate all but one. Fuming isn’t even the word 😩

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
The ones who treat the office as a second home. Everything spread out, lots of different drawers for their bits and bats. Toasters, kettles, microwaves all going on rotation throughout the day. And you can forget about a look in at the fridge.

Also there's a perfected skill people have of making small tasks last all day. Need to get on it I think!
I used to work with someone like this. She even brought in extra filing cabinets etc. Packed full of outdated stuff. I’m sure she photocopied every email she ever received. All the clutter used to give me a headache every day. I finally had enough and left.

Reactions: 4
One of my colleagues brought in a cake she'd made and being polite we all tried some and said that it was lovely. It was actually disgusting, far too sweet and we put it in the bin when she wasn't around.

My boss came in asking for a piece of cake in front of her and we had to pretend we'd been greedy and wolfed it down between 3 of us. To make it worse, we must have been great actors because she now regularly brings in cakes she's made and we have to go through the whole rigmarole each time!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
One of my colleagues brought in a cake she'd made and being polite we all tried some and said that it was lovely. It was actually disgusting, far too sweet and we put it in the bin when she wasn't around.

My boss came in asking for a piece of cake in front of her and we had to pretend we'd been greedy and wolfed it down between 3 of us. To make it worse, we must have been great actors because she now regularly brings in cakes she's made and we have to go through the whole rigmarole each time!
Time to develop a wheat allergy 😜

• Haha

Cardigans always draped over their chairs, a shoe collection under the desk ...

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
When I started my job, the desk I was using had been vacant for so long they were using one of the drawers as a tea drawer. But then after I started the same person would still come to my desk and open the drawer expecting the tea stuff to be there? And would be surprised to find my stuff in there! The fact she did this more than once was really annoying. She would then ask me where the tea stuff got moved! I don't even drink tea and never do tea rounds so I obviously had no idea!

I hate people invading my space. Another colleague who was slightly more senior than me who I did a weekly task for, so she was regularly dropping by my desk, would lean in really close to tell me something, it made me feel so uncomfortable!

Colleagues' annoying work habits do make me glad I work from home. I think our company are eventually going to let us do split home/office working 🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
When they ask how your weekend was or how your evening was, but they're not really listening they just wait for you to stop talking so they can tell you all about themselves.

• Haha
My director's sole concern is how to make his life as easy as possible. This means he changes rules and regulations on a whim instead of dealing with the problem.
I was off until Wednesday this week and he threw me under so many buses just for an easy life.
I was asked to send a letter on to a Chair of a panel so that he can say he did what he could. So I did, this particular man hates my boss and thinks he is crap. He likes me though and has told our head honcho that I am doing great work.
I really should have warned boss before sending the letter but I didnt. I waited until I hit send and then replied to his request and dropped the name of person it had gone to. He hadnt checked it was his number one enemy. Should be an interesting reply 😄

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.