Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have a toaster and free bread/butter/jam etc in the canteen. My soul leaves my body when one of my grubby-handed colleagues rifles through the whole loaf of bread to get a ‘nice fresh slice’ from the middle 🤢

On topic but it also riles me when colleagues leave the canteen in absolute shite because we have a cleaner who comes once a week and it’s her job to clean it. Like yeah it is but you don’t need to aim for the stars in how filthy you leave it for her!
We’ve just had an email about this. Mouldy mugs, gone off food in the fridges and filthy desks. People are bleeping animals.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
We’ve just had an email about this. Mouldy mugs, gone off food in the fridges and filthy desks. People are bleeping animals.
I saw someone throw a half empty yoghurt pot straight into the recycling box at work. She claimed not to know that the pots need to be rinsed.

Reactions: 2
Same at my job. leaving moldy food in the fridge. The toaster and toastie maker is nasty. Always nasty stuff in the sink etc. And then are people asking me why I never use the toastie maker, fridge or microwave. Well uhm because you guys are gross pigs?

Reactions: 3
Same at my job. leaving moldy food in the fridge. The toaster and toastie maker is nasty. Always nasty stuff in the sink etc. And then are people asking me why I never use the toastie maker, fridge or microwave. Well uhm because you guys are gross pigs?
I would rather die than use the office sponge 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
We have a toaster and free bread/butter/jam etc in the canteen. My soul leaves my body when one of my grubby-handed colleagues rifles through the whole loaf of bread to get a ‘nice fresh slice’ from the middle 🤢
My old workplace used to have trays of bread rolls and other breakfast stuff in the mornings and more than once I had to tell people not to pick rolls up with their bare, commute-soiled fingers then put them back in the tray. It's like they've been brought up by weasels.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I used to work in facilities management and people who work in offices are filthy.

One office had a 'mystery shitter' who left turds in corridors early morning. Another site had someone who smeared the walls with it (in the women's). People also stuffed tissue in the plughole and turned on the taps, deliberately causing a flood.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
We have just gone back into the office two days a week. We have unisex toilets. Feel so sorry for the cleaners. I feel demeaned going in there for a wee, feel upset for them, the sights they see and have to clean up. Who are these disgusting pigs who walk among us?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I've just found out that a colleague has really turned on me and is acting like I'm the source of all evil. Now I'm old and ugly enough to know that everyone gets on everyone else's nerves at some point, it's a fact of life and usually blows over. But she has really tried to do some devious things to undermine me behind my back and the irony is, that I've been nothing but kind and supportive of her as I knew she was a bit insecure.

However... the reason I know about these underhand things is because she has been a **** to her staff so they are coming straight to me to tell me 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I've just found out that a colleague has really turned on me and is acting like I'm the source of all evil. Now I'm old and ugly enough to know that everyone gets on everyone else's nerves at some point, it's a fact of life and usually blows over. But she has really tried to do some devious things to undermine me behind my back and the irony is, that I've been nothing but kind and supportive of her as I knew she was a bit insecure.

However... the reason I know about these underhand things is because she has been a **** to her staff so they are coming straight to me to tell me 😂
I miss lockdown and being away from the office. I don’t mind going into the office but it is all this shite.

Reactions: 10
This is why i only bring food that doesn’t need any preparation, that can just chill in my cool bag under my desk. The communal fridge stinks, has mouldy half open packets and tubs in it, the sink is disgusting, the once-yellow sponge is grey and is never dry, the communal coffee jars clearly had wet spoons in them at one point as coffee smears are on the inside of the jar. The only things I use are the recycling bin/refuse bins, and the hot boiling water zip tap to make my coffee. I use my own spoon, and bring my own little portion of milk for the day. Yes it’s a faff but it’s how I avoid all the grot.

Reactions: 9
Someone put a fabric tote bag with their lunch for the week in the fridge. It’s not a big fridge, so not only did they hog space, the fabric bag was black with dirt. I repeat, who are these people?

Reactions: 7
Someone put a fabric tote bag with their lunch for the week in the fridge. It’s not a big fridge, so not only did they hog space, the fabric bag was black with dirt. I repeat, who are these people?
Or even more importantly, what was in the bag and how did it look after a week? 👀

• Sick
Reactions: 7
In march 2020, we left the office pretty quickly so made a quick clear of the fridges. They were utterly disgusting, full of rotting dairy, unidentified jars or brown stuff and random putrid Tupperware.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
I miss lockdown and being away from the office. I don’t mind going into the office but it is all this shite.
To be fair we've got a pretty good esprit de corps in my office (not so much in the wider business but can't do anything about that) so I usually consider myself pretty lucky in that respect. Hence I'm a bit taken aback when somebody decides to act like a gold star cnut.

Reactions: 3
In march 2020, we left the office pretty quickly so made a quick clear of the fridges. They were utterly disgusting, full of rotting dairy, unidentified jars or brown stuff and random putrid Tupperware.
My husband got told to wfh in 2020, and when we went back in Sept 2021 was given a box of stuff cleared from his desk drawers. It included a rotten banana that whoever did the clearing put in the box instead of the bin 😜

• Wow
Reactions: 5
We had a random snot-wiper in the office a few years ago. Smears of crusty yellow and green snot smeared all over the photocopier, walls and posters. It stopped when a disgruntled employee left the organisation.

We also used to have a militant office manager who would regularly audit the communal fridge. Anything without a name and date attached to it would have a note attached to it by the office manager asking for action to be taken to claim the item otherwise it would be binned by close of play 😂

I LOVE working from home. The only poor hygiene I now have to withstand is from my slobbering, farting dogs.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
This is why i only bring food that doesn’t need any preparation, that can just chill in my cool bag under my desk. The communal fridge stinks, has mouldy half open packets and tubs in it, the sink is disgusting, the once-yellow sponge is grey and is never dry, the communal coffee jars clearly had wet spoons in them at one point as coffee smears are on the inside of the jar. The only things I use are the recycling bin/refuse bins, and the hot boiling water zip tap to make my coffee. I use my own spoon and bring my own little portion of milk for the day. Yes it’s a faff but it’s how I avoid all the grot.
I bring my lunch and keep it in an insulated lunch bag with ice packs. I use the microwave and the hot water dispenser and that's it. I won't use the toaster, toaster oven or fridge. I bring my own reusable tea mug (won't use the communal ones). And I'm lucky to sit in a room by myself. So things are as clean as they can be in my little part of the office world.

Reactions: 2
Our breakroom is spotless. Clean cutlery and ware, and plenty of hot water.

We get a large fresh fruit delivery every week, we have a milk and tea bags kitty as well.

The only thing letting the side down is the Nespresso machine which is rank but I've never seen anyone use it as we have a load of coffee places and food outlets within a short distance of the office.

Our office manager would murder anyone who doesn't wash up after themselves, and quite right too. Anyone leaving mouldy food in the fridge wouldn't last 10 minutes if she caught them.

I usually don't bother bringing anything and just raid the fresh fruit.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.