Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I SO wish that more people would be honest about not being a team player! If you don't like working as a team that absolutely fine, there are plenty of jobs that don't require teamwork on a day to day basis, but it really annoys me when people give the "I enjoy working as part of a team and on my own initiative" because more often, they enjoy; and thrive, in one or the other. People need to understand that it's ok to not like or thrive "being part of a team"
Yes!!! Especially when they give it all the big one in interview and then hate working with people and the role involves directly working as a team on a daily basis.

It creates tension on the team etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Dropping their guts countless times a day :sick:
What does this mean? :ROFLMAO:

I've seen a few post of people getting offended by "hi all" Hi both" etc, but I get get more irritated by people who waffle on and add unnecessary niceties "how are you?" etc.

I'd much rather them say:

"Where are we at with x?" and i'll reply with :

"waiting on x and y, will keep you updated. let me know if you want me to cc. you"

Face to face I'd quite happily chit chat about day to day stuff and Netflix, but email for me, is just to get to the bottom of a subject. No time for waffle!

My main issue it the office neggy. Always moans about EVERYTHING both inside and outside of work, thinks they do the MOST but always require the most support (yet don't realize it). They walk in and this dark cloud covers the office space. This person has always hated everywhere they've every worked, they have always been the victim and will NEVER realize that THEY are the problem.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes!!! Especially when they give it all the big one in interview and then hate working with people and the role involves directly working as a team on a daily basis.

It creates tension on the team etc.
I'm really not a people person and I own that. I'm professional and helpful towards others but I genuinely don't enjoy teamwork. Thankfully in my role teamwork is not an every day occurrence. I wish corporate companies wouldn't ram all this OTT team stuff down everyone's throats. Team engagement this, team building that, daily scrums, weekly checkins, endless town halls, after work drinks, weekend motivational shite. I get that it's necessary "to a degree" to foster collaboration in certain teams, but the one big happy family vibe is overkill and draining for people who are not that way inclined. Some of us just want to get the work done and go home to focus on something else.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm really not a people person and I own that. I'm professional and helpful towards others but I genuinely don't enjoy teamwork. Thankfully in my role teamwork is not an every day occurrence. I wish corporate companies wouldn't ram all this OTT team stuff down everyone's throats. Team engagement this, team building that, daily scrums, weekly checkins, endless town halls, after work drinks, weekend motivational shite. I get that it's necessary "to a degree" to foster collaboration in certain teams, but the one big happy family vibe is overkill and draining for people who are not that way inclined. Some of us just want to get the work done and go home to focus on something else.
I agree, it should never be forced upon people, by all means invite everyone but it’s uncomfortable when people get offended when people choose not to go along. Like it’s dinner at the local Italian, who cares if Shirley and Fred don’t want to go?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I agree, it should never be forced upon people, by all means invite everyone but it’s uncomfortable when people get offended when people choose not to go along. Like it’s dinner at the local Italian, who cares if Shirley and Fred don’t want to go?
Exactly! I have small kids, a partner, friends and family who I don't see nearly enough of. The last thing I want to do on a Wednesday night after work is go to an escape room or rowing on the local river to boost morale with people I couldn't give a toss about 🤓

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I feel ye….. we have far far too many ‘team’ things, and I struggle with them. There’s certain personalities I just can’t deal with easily & being forced to paint on a smile on an almost daily basis whilst enduring them is painful. These meetings/ events don’t make me more productive, I don’t need to fill my day with extra meetings because I have plenty of actual work to do.

Exactly! I have small kids, a partner, friends and family who I don't see nearly enough of. The last thing I want to do on a Wednesday night after work is go to an escape room or rowing on the local river to boost morale with people I couldn't give a toss about 🤓
Totally agree! I actually enjoyed aspects of lockdown and this was one of them. They are slowly creeping back in. Leaving do, big birthday etc. Sigh.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm fine with any greeting on an email but want to kill if the recipient then starts cc-ing all and sundry into something just to cover their own backs or show they are doing something.

Reactions: 10
I'm fine with any greeting on an email but want to kill if the recipient then starts cc-ing all and sundry into something just to cover their own backs or show they are doing something.
There’s far too much cc-ing goes on at our place bcos of the whinging and lack of clear communication if you don’t 🤦‍♀️🥴😂

Totally agree! I actually enjoyed aspects of lockdown and this was one of them. They are slowly creeping back in. Leaving do, big birthday etc. Sigh.
Talks of office/ family bbq days for the Jubilee are being banded about, hard no from me !!

Reactions: 7
Yep, I do not want people bringing their children into the office, thanks. Especially not during a pandemic.

Reactions: 6
People who make it a habit of scheduling meetings at lunch break!

We were told to come into the office on a specific day for a meeting taking place a lunch break. Seriously.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
My company pulls this tit. Goes on and on about how diversity is absolutely crucial, but schedules all diversity-related events either at lunch time or after work. We bleeping see you.

Reactions: 9
I provide admin support to a team, very small admin team. I have always gone above and beyond to support my colleagues, lots of compliments and appreciation received for my work.

I've known my line manager for 8yrs and I have been a good friend and colleague to her including supporting her through rehab for drinking. I've also talked her out of making a complete show of herself in work on a number of occasions.

She took offence over a completely trivial incident - so trivial that I was unaware she had a problem. She didn't mention that she had a problem with me, either on a personal or professional level.
I ignored her increasingly snotty behaviour, so she ramped up her behaviour for 2 months, stopped speaking to me. She was rude and unprofessional towards me then discussed me with higher management supposedly because she was worried about me.

I'm disgusted and baffled a friend and colleague would act like this over something so petty - if she was offended she should have said something, I am not a mind reader.

I've been off sick since I found out what she's done, I'm in no hurry to go back. duck her. I will go back when I feel like, I'm looking at finding a new job and leaving.

This thread makes me realise how tit I work can be x
depends what it was, your petty, might not be her petty

Oh, tit, I've done this. I didn't know it came across as rude.
I do, hi all 😅 and hi both, honestly we have far too many emails flinging around and so many people copied in to write everyone’s name 💀 forget it. I don’t find it rude but what I am noticing from these posts is that there’s no standardised email etiquette unlike letter writing.

My pet peeve, not enough time to do all the work. So we’re always firefighting. When I ask what the priority is… it’s all a priority.

Teams meetings that go on forever and could have been emails.

Reactions: 6
Throwing cups of coffee (not empty) in the bin, so what do you think happened 🙄 this is actually adults lol

I just got off the most extra-terrestrial call I've ever had in my entire life. I hate people to try to act like the team lead when they're not.

The VP organized a call to outline our return to office. They are located in the overseas but had a conversation with local senior management to coordinate return to office for our team. They told us the expectation is minimum two days a week with a maximum of three days. They advised it is an expectation, not a requirement, but if we don't wish to return, we need to let him know.

Under the VP, there is normally a team lead except ours is gone, so it's just us the junior. The person who has been in the team the longest started acting like the team lead saying: "Well, we were told to come back three days a week and you need to be here three days a week. I went to the office a few times, but no one else in the team has, so I can understand the concerns from senior management". Then he proceeds to say "I'll be returning soon". So, have you or have you not returned to the office then? Now, he was talking about how he went to the office during Christmas, but the government was still mandating WFH at the time! It only got lifted in February!

What on earth? I personally went in February, but was off for almost a month after that, so it's normal I haven't been seen in the office. The heck?! I could see other people's faces decomposing as he was talking. Like, who the heck does he think he is?! The worst part is that I chatted with him yesterday and he said he hasn't gone to the office yet but "planning on returning soon". What a liar.

Reactions: 2
Throwing cups of coffee (not empty) in the bin, so what do you think happened 🙄 this is actually adults lol
I actually needed to have a discussion with 2 grown men, 6 figure earners, about leaving their teabags on the side of the sink instead of putting them in the bin. The whole “would you do this at home” discussion happened. It’s as if some people decide the cleaners or the office managers are their skivvies!

Supervisors who undermine you in front of customers.

A mum and daughter came to me to be served - the daughter ordered a cider. I asked for ID as she looked under 25. The mum instantly went ‘no it’s for me’ and the daughter said ‘yeah I was suggesting a drink’ - to which I said ‘well no, the order came from you so I need to see some ID’

My supervisor heard this and came over. Forced me to serve them two drinks and let them be on their way.

Going to speak to my main manager tonight about this as I’m sure this isn’t right as I asked for ID and never saw it.

• Sad
Spend more time telling people how busy they are than actually doing any work

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.