Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone in my office yesterday did a teams call with no headphones. So you could hear him shouting, and the person’s response. The most annoying thing was that the call was with one person only, and that person was in the same office. As I could hear his voice booming from two banks of desks away. Benefit of the doubt - maybe the bloke didn’t realise and he’d just forgotten his headphones. It was still annoying though 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Tell him to ask will the wages increase in line with the extra hours, that otherwise he will earn less than staff under him.
He’s already making less than some members of staff. He’d be on less than NMW if he increases his hours.

His boss has said he’ll review his salary after six months… it’s been seven months and no mention of it. Just that he wants his hours to go up from next weeks rota.

He’s planning on having a meeting and saying if he’s expected to do 60hrs a week, he’ll be finding a new place of work and handing in his notice. We didn’t move up here for him to live at work and be paid tit for the privilege 🙃

Reactions: 3
So many:

1. Starting an email with *name* no Hi, Hello, Good Morning. It smacks of self importance and is downright rude.

3. Colleague who takes over a meeting, withering on for an excessive length of time, just to be seen. Again usual mid level person trying to prove how dedicated and engaged they are. Asking asinine questions when the meeting has run over with no regard for anyone else's time.
1. & 3. Absolutely hate both.

1 is such disrespect. Sometimes I get a "Hi" or "Hello" not followed by my first name, which I find equally rude. Like am I too beneath you that you can't address me by my name or greet me?!

3 usually it's always the same person desperate to get a promotion.

He’s already making less than some members of staff. He’d be on less than NMW if he increases his hours.

His boss has said he’ll review his salary after six months… it’s been seven months and no mention of it. Just that he wants his hours to go up from next weeks rota.

He’s planning on having a meeting and saying if he’s expected to do 60hrs a week, he’ll be finding a new place of work and handing in his notice. We didn’t move up here for him to live at work and be paid tit for the privilege 🙃
Sounds like they are taking advantage. He should definitely speak up else it becomes expected. My husband has over the years fallen to the curse of being too helpful/attentive to detail and quality of work to others in the team to the point the other team members don't pull their weight or use own initiative because they know my husband can do it/will feel sorry for them/ will get them out of the proverbial tit... Consequently hisband constantly having bad time there because having to solve their messes. Sometimes I think he needs to start somewhere new as a clean slate and not start helping so much. Lazy people take advantage.

One person in particular:
  • Every time I send him an email, he responds: "Thank you TheGlossy, I acknowledge receipt of your email". I suppose that's how he was once trained in previous roles, but I seriously do not need this type of email (no it's not an automated receipt email as the formulation varies each time).
  • I'm a pretty responsive person and some person insists on putting a large majority of their emails as "High Importance". No point because by reading the email, I will automatically know if it's truly "High Importance".
Smh.

• Haha
One person in particular:
  • Every time I send him an email, he responds: "Thank you TheGlossy, I acknowledge receipt of your email". I suppose that's how he was once trained in previous roles, but I seriously do not need this type of email (no it's not an automated receipt email as the formulation varies each time).
  • I'm a pretty responsive person and some person insists on putting a large majority of their emails as "High Importance". No point because by reading the email, I will automatically know if it's truly "High Importance".
Smh.
I think this is so that you know he has seen your email. I hate it when companies don't bother replying.

Reactions: 1
We all print to one shared printer and there is one culprit who ALWAYS picks up other peoples stuff and instead of taking it back and putting it in our individual trays she'll just leave it on her desk like you're magically supposed to know she's pinched your stuff

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sounds like they are taking advantage. He should definitely speak up else it becomes expected. My husband has over the years fallen to the curse of being too helpful/attentive to detail and quality of work to others in the team to the point the other team members don't pull their weight or use own initiative because they know my husband can do it/will feel sorry for them/ will get them out of the proverbial tit... Consequently hisband constantly having bad time there because having to solve their messes. Sometimes I think he needs to start somewhere new as a clean slate and not start helping so much. Lazy people take advantage.
When we first moved, he was only doing 38-40hrs, giving him a decent hourly wage. Then it suddenly went up to the 50-55hrs mark.

He works every single weekend - unless he books it off, and on the one single weekend we had to book off, (for his parents wedding), we didn’t hear the end of it and how busy it was because it was sunny and a bank holiday 🙄 (he is partly to blame because he won’t ask for a weekend off and just work his hours on weekdays. He says he won’t unless we have plans, but we can’t make plans because he always says no because it’s a weekend!)

His boss kept calling him last night when his workplace was closed and he’d finished for the day. It was 10pm! I could have chucked his phone out of the window.

I really regret moving, to be honest. It’s done my mental health no good, our relationship, or our finances. Now his boss wants him to live at work for less than minimum wage 🙃

• Sad
Some sad cow at work has applied for a role 4 times, worked there for 20 years, never got it, they covered the job on secondment a few times too. Has the audacity to keep saying they feel sorry for me and making passive aggressive comments about me getting the job over her.

It’s you I feel sorry for, clearly a mug and they use you to help out, not back fill your old role so you’re doing two jobs at once, not progressed in 20 years and it’s pretty obvious why. I was due to order a new door mat but I’ll ask you to lie there instead.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Hi both
Hi guys

Take both and stick up your @rse 🤠
I get a “Hi There” makes my blood boil every time I see it which is about 20 times a day! My name has less letters than “There” so chuffing use it although I could have a name with a hundred letters, “Hi There” would still piss me off 🤬

• Haha
I think "Hi there" has not spot in the workplace. It's not an appropriate greeting.

It's too familiar, but quite rude when used in the workplace.

I had a manager who would start emails to multiple recipients with: "ALL, blah blah blah". Yuck :sick:

The people I work with (majority) are honestly vile. I'm a further education lecturer so I teach at a college. I was teaching on Monday and my colleague barges into the room without knocking, claims she's looking for something and then proceeds to start shouting at my students for absolutely no reason and starts asking them all of they've actually learnt anything in my lesson. I let them drink costa as well in my.lessons as their young adults and I don't have an issue with it, and she went and grabbed one of the girls drinks off of the table and put it in the bin, claiming that I was breaking the rules by allowing her to have a bloody drink!! My students, who are all 16\17 were all so irritated and it took me ages to calm them down. I would never dream of doing that to her, it is just double standards constantly and I felt like such a mug!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I think "Hi there" has not spot in the workplace. It's not an appropriate greeting.

It's too familiar, but quite rude when used in the workplace.

I had a manager who would start emails to multiple recipients with: "ALL, blah blah blah". Yuck :sick:
Whilst *name* no greeting is a rude power move by the self important, Hi there is also a move from those who wish they had power. It screams I'm a higher grade than you and this email is an attempt to get you to do something for me cause your beneath me or I'm giving you info you need to flex my seniority over you 🙄🙄 just say Hi X, Good Morning or Good Afternoon. At least pretend you're not a dick at work

ALL. F'off right now 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I overheard three colleagues discussing and laughing about my body shape today. I am quite pear shaped and they were discussing how I have a small head and fat arse. Feel like tit now to be honest!

I work in a school BTW and the bitchiness is something else.
I heard them gossiping cruelly about the 18 year old apprentice today. I tried to stick up for her by saying how we all made mistakes at 18, but apparently no this apprentice is rubbish and that's that.

To be honest there is a ring leader who does all of the talking (and funnily enough isn't that great at her job) but the others laughing along or entertaining it is just as bad to be honest.

The people I work with (majority) are honestly vile. I'm a further education lecturer so I teach at a college. I was teaching on Monday and my colleague barges into the room without knocking, claims she's looking for something and then proceeds to start shouting at my students for absolutely no reason and starts asking them all of they've actually learnt anything in my lesson. I let them drink costa as well in my.lessons as their young adults and I don't have an issue with it, and she went and grabbed one of the girls drinks off of the table and put it in the bin, claiming that I was breaking the rules by allowing her to have a bloody drink!! My students, who are all 16\17 were all so irritated and it took me ages to calm them down. I would never dream of doing that to her, it is just double standards constantly and I felt like such a mug!
Thats really bad undermining you in front of your students, has she ever done this before?

• Sad
I hate when I’ve to send an email to lots of people and have to choose between ‘hi team’ and ‘hi all’ - neither of these phrases suit me but I can’t think of anything else I can say that’s workplace acceptable 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I heard them gossiping cruelly about the 18 year old apprentice today. I tried to stick up for her by saying how we all made mistakes at 18, but apparently no this apprentice is rubbish and that's that.

To be honest there is a ring leader who does all of the talking (and funnily enough isn't that great at her job) but the others laughing along or entertaining it is just as bad to be honest.

Thats really bad undermining you in front of your students, has she ever done this before?
not to me personally but she has to others. We have had 30+ students complain another before but nothing gets done. Our boss seems to let her get away with everything is so frustrating!

I hate when I’ve to send an email to lots of people and have to choose between ‘hi team’ and ‘hi all’ - neither of these phrases suit me but I can’t think of anything else I can say that’s workplace acceptable 🤣
I've had emails saying 'hi all' and it doesn't bother me. E-mail can be a minefield as it seems everyone has a different style and preference 😂 so I'm not precious about it unless someone is actually rude/very blunt. And a lot of the time it depends how friendly I am with the person, if it's someone I hadn't spoken to before and they didn't bother to say 'hello slugella' and be polite then that would annoy me.

Reactions: 11
Its really hard working with other people. I'm partnered with someone who loves everything on PowerPoint. I absolutely hate it and always say 'death by PowerPoint' . Im not spending my weekends making fancy PowerPoints when there are better (more interesting) ways of doing things.

I think that at interview when I said I'm great at working in a team I was lying 🤥.
I SO wish that more people would be honest about not being a team player! If you don't like working as a team that absolutely fine, there are plenty of jobs that don't require teamwork on a day to day basis, but it really annoys me when people give the "I enjoy working as part of a team and on my own initiative" because more often, they enjoy; and thrive, in one or the other. People need to understand that it's ok to not like or thrive "being part of a team"

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.