Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s always annoying when someone spells your name wrong in an email but when the person emailing you has the SAME bleeping NAME AS YOU and still spells it wrong more than once ….. 🤦‍♀️
Reply, spelling their same name even more wrongly

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The manager is onboarding a new employee and has asked me to set up all the system / shared drive accesses for this person. I'm absolutely swamped with work and they know it. It's the manager's task to set-up system accesses for new joiners, not mine. I spent all morning doing this when I had plenty of urgent work.

Ridiculous considering I'm pretty adamant they're not that busy.

Unless they are planning on promoting me, I don't see why I should be doing this.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The manager is onboarding a new employee and has asked me to set up all the system / shared drive accesses for this person. I'm absolutely swamped with work and they know it. It's the manager's task to set-up system accesses for new joiners, not mine. I spent all morning doing this when I had plenty of urgent work.

Unless they are planning on promoting me, I don't see why I should be doing this.
Did you not feel that you could say you're too busy?

Did you not feel that you could say you're too busy?
The issue is the manager didn't reach out to me himself to ask whether I could help. It was the new joiner who pinged me and said: "the manager said you could help me with getting these accesses sorted". He sent the new joiner to ask me (we work remotely). The person is new to the team and it was my first time directly interacting with them, so I obviously didn't want to come across as rude or condescending by saying "I'm too busy".

The manager himself knows I'm too busy busy I had a chat with him on Friday to see if I could delegate one task to focus on an urgent project dumped on me last minute and now I'm getting this time-consuming administrative assistant-like task. Smh. I could have said I'm too busy, but since he routed this through the new joiner, I didn't say anything.

Reactions: 4
The issue is the manager didn't reach out to me himself to ask whether I could help. It was the new joiner who pinged me and said: "the manager said you could help me with getting these accesses sorted". He sent the new joiner to ask me (we work remotely). The person is new to the team and it was my first time directly interacting with them, so I obviously didn't want to come across as rude or condescending by saying "I'm too busy".

The manager himself knows I'm too busy busy I had a chat with him on Friday to see if I could delegate one task to focus on an urgent project dumped on me last minute and now I'm getting this time-consuming administrative assistant-like task. Smh. I could have said I'm too busy, but since he routed this through the new joiner, I didn't say anything.
Yea tricky to say no when the manager didn't directly ask you !

I have to add that I sent an email listing all the systems I requested access to for this person and I didn't even get a thank you for it. The manager is pretty responsive to their emails, so clearly, they don't care. It's not the first time they dodge their stuff on me. If their manager asks them about something, they often come to me to ask where they can find the info or what's the email they're referring to. Smh.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I'm so sorry work is making you feel like this, do you have an HR department or another manager that you can trust to elevate your concerns too? However, if the workplace is this toxic sometimes raising your head above the parapet can be the worst thing you can do. That doesn't mean you should continue to put up with this level of uncertainty. Unless public sector, then surely all businesses are in the business of making money and inefficiencies and inconsistencies to this level are costing the Company, bottom line, so they should care. Is it a disrespect thing generally across the culture of the Company or do you feel its personal?
I'm afraid HR in this company is the least approachable I've ever encountered. I don't think they would ever investigate any complaint.

I think it is a team issue, rather than a company wide issue. There are people from my previous company who joined my current company and they're doing fine. I think the problem comes down to the fact that the management is weak. The manager is a new manager and their own manager is overseas, so they think they can do as they please. The other person who did not show up to the call thinks they're a second manager (which they're not) and are known for having quite a "peculiar" personality, but nothing is done about it. It's simply a weak team with a dysfunctional management.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Rude people.

I asked someone who provided me with an update excel template whether something falls within my remit because the template does not highlight it. The template basically shows you what falls within your remit via highlighted boxes. For one specific item which I know normally falls within my remit, it was blank.

Their response was: "These are not complicated guidelines, you just need to compare with the financial data".

On top of being rude, you're not answering my question because my question wasn't me asking what I needed to do. I know what I have to do. It was basically trying to clarify the template to make sure I'm not missing anything that should fall in my remit simply because you forgot to highlight it.

Reactions: 5
In my company I work different hours to everyone else and always have. I start earlier and obviously finish earlier and always get the oh half day for you is it comment. No you dick I was here when you were deciding which cheap suit to wear today.
One other member has unoffically changed his work hours to mine and is usually in before me and opens up the building.
Next week we are both off, the only other person who gets in near 9 o clock with a key is also off.
This means that 3 members of staff will be standing around outside waiting on someone to let them in. 2 of them will contact their boss who will email me and get an OOO.
I know the proper thing would be to let them know now, they will have an issue but I have brought this up so many times that I am just going to let it play. Its managements fault now not mine.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
In my company I work different hours to everyone else and always have. I start earlier and obviously finish earlier and always get the oh half day for you is it comment. No you dick I was here when you were deciding which cheap suit to wear today.
One other member has unoffically changed his work hours to mine and is usually in before me and opens up the building.
Next week we are both off, the only other person who gets in near 9 o clock with a key is also off.
This means that 3 members of staff will be standing around outside waiting on someone to let them in. 2 of them will contact their boss who will email me and get an OOO.
I know the proper thing would be to let them know now, they will have an issue but I have brought this up so many times that I am just going to let it play. Its managements fault now not mine.
Experience is the best teacher. In future they will learn to be more careful. You are teaching them a valuable lesson. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
I have one co worker who makes life miserable for everyone else. Everyone lives in her world and we are all forced to listen to her moan and whinge about her life every single day. Can’t even get a good morning before we’re into a rant about the hardships of her life.
Recently she’s taken it upon herself to return back to year 7 and begin telling tales of who’s done what wrong. The most recent being someone forgot to put a bin bag in the bin so she was wildly inconvenienced and had to do it herself. And the manager actually takes these ridiculous complaints from her seriously and we have to actually have talks about a bleeping bin bag!!! She then takes it upon herself to cry to the manager that she is left out. Any wonder when you seem to enjoy getting others in trouble? Why would anyone wish to be friends with someone like that
The sooner she ups and leaves the better!!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I have one co worker who makes life miserable for everyone else. Everyone lives in her world and we are all forced to listen to her moan and whinge about her life every single day. Can’t even get a good morning before we’re into a rant about the hardships of her life.
Recently she’s taken it upon herself to return back to year 7 and begin telling tales of who’s done what wrong. The most recent being someone forgot to put a bin bag in the bin so she was wildly inconvenienced and had to do it herself. And the manager actually takes these ridiculous complaints from her seriously and we have to actually have talks about a bleeping bin bag!!! She then takes it upon herself to cry to the manager that she is left out. Any wonder when you seem to enjoy getting others in trouble? Why would anyone wish to be friends with someone like that
The problem is these people never up and leave. They stay and gradually other people leave. I work with someone similar. She’s meant to be working from home but she comes in every day always interfering with things that have nothing to do with her. Always complaining. She’s been there for years so everyone seems to accept that’s what she’s like.

Reactions: 10
I have a colleague like this! Yesterday she was slating a very valuable member of the team off to everybody because he got praise for something and she didn't like it. It's all about her, how hard her life is and she deserves all the praise. I ignored her vitriol towards this colleague, I don't want to be associated with her type.

Reactions: 14
Ugh I have been logged on for 4 minutes and am already annoyed. Last week I made some creative materials for an event tomorrow, and me making those is the only thing any of my team have done so far. Then this morning I log on and someone in my team has sent all of these to other staff members including our boss for them to be aware of to share, with no mention that it was me that made them. The email makes it look like he has created them! I feel like I'm being petty as I'm not saying I need credit and praise for everything that I do but I would have at least mentioned 'here are the materials that slugella made please do share' or whatever.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Ugh I have been logged on for 4 minutes and am already annoyed. Last week I made some creative materials for an event tomorrow, and me making those is the only thing any of my team have done so far. Then this morning I log on and someone in my team has sent all of these to other staff members including our boss for them to be aware of to share, with no mention that it was me that made them. The email makes it look like he has created them! I feel like I'm being petty as I'm not saying I need credit and praise for everything that I do but I would have at least mentioned 'here are the materials that slugella made please do share' or whatever.
That’s out of order! Not petty at all. Could you send a “btw” follow up saying “any questions about the materials let me know” or email your team and ask if they have anything to add so they know you know 😼

• Heart
Reactions: 16
With one of my clients, we have a weekly meeting where everyone in the group of 10 takes turns to prepare the agenda and send this out, along with supporting papers. Whoever's turn it is, will also be responsible for taking minutes, including recording actions, and distributing them afterwards.

Without fail, it's always the men (of which there are seven) that struggle to do this. Yesterday's meeting didn't start on time because the person who was meant to be sending everything out forgot, and decided to do it while we were all sitting online asking where everything was ... which of course they couldn't find and said we'd have to proceed without it.

It really isn't good enough. Often on a Friday if we haven't received anything by about lunchtime, I'll message whoever's turn it is to remind them but even that doesn't seem to do a lot of good.

• Angry
The problem is these people never up and leave. They stay and gradually other people leave. I work with someone similar. She’s meant to be working from home but she comes in every day always interfering with things that have nothing to do with her. Always complaining. She’s been there for years so everyone seems to accept that’s what she’s like.
Exactly. I worked with someone like that in a job where the two of us were responsible for the same projects, they had been there 13 years and had practically someone new in my post every year because he never pulled his weight and was petty and annoying and complaints to the boss never went anywhere so people would leave. I actually moved side ways to another department in same workplace and my successor came and found me in the canteen and said "are you (name) who used to do my role?" She then offloaded her vents at me because she found working with him infuriating.

Reactions: 3
That’s out of order! Not petty at all. Could you send a “btw” follow up saying “any questions about the materials let me know” or email your team and ask if they have anything to add so they know you know 😼
And he has since sent it to a channel in Slack AND emailed to another group of colleagues. I am so irritated.

I might do what you said after lunch when I've calmed down a bit. :ROFLMAO:

• Sad
Reactions: 3
And he has since sent it to a channel in Slack AND emailed to another group of colleagues. I am so irritated.

I might do what you said after lunch when I've calmed down a bit. :ROFLMAO:
Definitely

Could you say something like, I hope you have received the templates that X emailed, if you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to ask as I only made them last week (or whenever) so am still able to edit them. You know whatever you can say to get I MADE THEM in there.

You're not being petty but I know how you feel as ive been there. He's a snake 🐍

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.