Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Worst place I worked for fridge theft was the cabinet office, I must admit I used enjoy the missives stuck on the fridge about stuff taken. I’m a cool bag with ice packs especially since covid

Reactions: 1
People who do not listen and thus causing me extra-work.

On several occasions, I told the senior project lead that some resources on the project have not been granted access to two platforms where documentation is shared because I am still missing compliance forms. The procedure is strict and requires for these forms to be provided before any system access is granted.

The senior project lead sent an email this morning to all the resources asking them to check the documentation on these platforms and now every single one of them is panicking and harassing me over their access issues. Again, I communicated this to the senior project lead on many occasions that they won't get access until compliance forms are obtained. So why on earth is this person asking them to check these platforms? I'm not the one managing, so I cannot send a mass email saying they don't have access because the compliance forms are pending, it's the senior project lead's responsibility but this person does not listen.

What is supposed to be a very very minimal portion of my job is now turning into a day job because I have to answer all these frantic queries over access issues. I'm not an EA/PA. Waste of my time entirely and making this painful task even more annoying than it already is. I actually have a day job that certainly does not entail granting accesses to people.

• Sad
This doesn't apply any more as the company I work for now provide refreshments, however in a previous role we had a tea kitty. Anyone who has ever been in one knows the associated politics and dramas are limitless!

There was about 10 of us, and we used to pay 50p a week each into the Kitty. One guy would pay his 50p, then he would have cereal every morning, a glass of milk at lunchtime and then make porridge with the milk before going home!!!!! He freely admitted he never ate at home, he ate all his meals at work. He was easy using a £1 worth of milk a day! There was talk of an increase to £1 a week which caused a revolt and the tea kitty was disbanded!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
This doesn't apply any more as the company I work for now provide refreshments, however in a previous role we had a tea kitty. Anyone who has ever been in one knows the associated politics and dramas are limitless!

There was about 10 of us, and we used to pay 50p a week each into the Kitty. One guy would pay his 50p, then he would have cereal every morning, a glass of milk at lunchtime and then make porridge with the milk before going home!!!!! He freely admitted he never ate at home, he ate all his meals at work. He was easy using a £1 worth of milk a day! There was talk of an increase to £1 a week which caused a revolt and the tea kitty was disbanded!
We had a tea kitty that was 5p a cup. Regardless of whether you had tea or coffee

Even at 5p a cup there was anger as those who only drank tea with a splash of milk and no sugar were subsidising the milky sugary coffees

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I had a completely horrible manager who lacked even a shred of empathy . Whilst waiting for my breast cancer test results I had to endure her ‘forgetting ‘ when my appointment was and her booking me in for meetings on the day of my results. During my long course of chemo at my very weakest with no hair , she summoned me to my sickness review in person at a fire station . (I worked for a fire service) She kept me waiting outside in the freezing cold and then at the beginning of the meeting announced she was moving to New Zealand to start a fantastic new life over there . Every now and again there was a bit of simpering about me having cancer and ‘being brave’ and then it was back to her wonderful life again . It was hard to work out if she was doing all this on purpose . New Zealand is welcome to her .

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Used to work with a woman who had to have some of what you were eating or drinking but wouldnt ever give you anything back.
She was actually addicted to extra strong mints and would keep packets in her drawer and take one out at a time.
She would go to peoples desks and take chewing gum or mints, never one always 2 or 3.
We were given a tin or Roses one year at Christmas and most of us just opened them and left on communal table for anyone to take one. She would take handfuls at a time.
One team mate didnt take his home and it was still sitting there in January, I caught her opening it as taking the free bar of chocolate inside was ok as it was extra. I grabbed the tin out of her hands and covered it in about 10 layers of tape, to slow her down if she tried again.
One of the staff did Avon on the side and a woman on my team bought loads of bath stuff and it was under her desk, robby mcrobberson went through it to see if she liked any of it and was taking a few bottles until I stopped her.
She genuinely felt what was ours was fair game but hers was off limits.
Did anyone ever confront her about it?

• Wow

We used to just bring in milk, someone would pick it up in shop on the way in. There were some who would use it for breakfasts and leave nothing there, these people would never have brought it in. Our manager has since authorised us to get it from the campus canteen as we need it and the service pays for it then.

I had a completely horrible manager who lacked even a shred of empathy . Whilst waiting for my breast cancer test results I had to endure her ‘forgetting ‘ when my appointment was and her booking me in for meetings on the day of my results. During my long course of chemo at my very weakest with no hair , she summoned me to my sickness review in person at a fire station . (I worked for a fire service) She kept me waiting outside in the freezing cold and then at the beginning of the meeting announced she was moving to New Zealand to start a fantastic new life over there . Every now and again there was a bit of simpering about me having cancer and ‘being brave’ and then it was back to her wonderful life again . It was hard to work out if she was doing all this on purpose . New Zealand is welcome to her .
Excuse my French but what a bleep!

Reactions: 8
Used to work with a woman who had to have some of what you were eating or drinking but wouldnt ever give you anything back.
She was actually addicted to extra strong mints and would keep packets in her drawer and take one out at a time.
She would go to peoples desks and take chewing gum or mints, never one always 2 or 3.
We were given a tin or Roses one year at Christmas and most of us just opened them and left on communal table for anyone to take one. She would take handfuls at a time.
One team mate didnt take his home and it was still sitting there in January, I caught her opening it as taking the free bar of chocolate inside was ok as it was extra. I grabbed the tin out of her hands and covered it in about 10 layers of tape, to slow her down if she tried again.
One of the staff did Avon on the side and a woman on my team bought loads of bath stuff and it was under her desk, robby mcrobberson went through it to see if she liked any of it and was taking a few bottles until I stopped her.
She genuinely felt what was ours was fair game but hers was off limits.
Shouldn't stealing at work cause dismissal without notice?

Reactions: 3
Worked through lockdown with my aunt and cousins in a small cafe my aunt rented she's an okay cook but not had any formal training or anything never saw any certificates and she was drinking alot on the job and her hygiene was pretty poor, paid me a few quid which wasn't really worth the hour bus ride each way and i did pretty much everything getting stock, cooking, washing etc made me so uncomfortable so I left, it closed in November, she nows work with covid test sites, a fellow scout leader I know works with her there and he said she still drinking, stinks of booze and has been turn away from work for it once or twice
Never work with family

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Crikey!!!! Her name wasn't Joanne was it? Because boy, do I have a media article or seven to link for you if it was ... this woman came to NZ, committed fraud on a huge scale, then hotfooted it back to the UK. NZ is a small place - so many people came out with nightmare stories about working with her after she'd been convicted. She was a bully through and through. She's changed her name now she's back in the UK - actually, I think she had a few aliases to begin with (always uses 'Joanne'; it's the surname she changes).

-----------------

At one place I worked years ago, we were given free fruit. The quantity delivered was always the same (one huge box), but as more and more people joined the company, the demand sometimes outstripped the supply. There was a woman working there who would take it upon herself to walk around the floor, telling people off if she saw more than one piece on their desk (never mind if they'd brought it in themselves - in some cases, she'd confiscate it). She was so utterly ineffective at doing her own work, she'd look for distractions, and this was her pet cause. Nobody would tell her to bugger off as they were scared of her.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Shouldn't stealing at work cause dismissal without notice?
It should do, depends if the management give a crap though.

I worked in a job a few years ago, a really brilliant place and there was someone nicking food on an ongoing basis from the fridge. One of the staff was diabetic and they nicked his mars bar even. It culminated and came to the MD attention when one of my friends brought in a portion of lasagne for her lunch and the person cut a chunk out of it. She rightfully went mad and sent an email around saying how annoyed she was etc and the MD followed it up with one of his own to say that he had heard of this happening now, that he was unimpressed and letting us know that while the person may think they’re doing no harm and it’s a communal kitchen, that it IS stealing and if it happens again it will be investigated and the culprit sacked. People have the right to leave their lunch in the fridge without it being nicked.

We all used to have our own milk per dept, there would be little cartons with Sales etc written on them and if one dept milk ran out we would ask the ones at the next bank of desks to borrow some of theirs and vice versa.

Where I work now none of that happens, however I went through a stage of bringing in a bag of salad bits for my lunches so packet of ham, cheese, bag salad maybe, also kept box weetabix in my cupboard, and when we would go in to have our break there was always this one person who’d ask what has anyone got for lunch so she could have some. Then others would be like oh yeah anyone got anything nice? So my supplies for a week would be gone in a day. I was on the lowest pay there at the time and at one stage I tried saying that the stuff was to last me the week and they’d say oh someon will buy more but they never did. I stopped bringing it in then, I’d just bring in singular lunch for myself and would hide my weetabix in a locked cupboard in my office too. Covid hit then so we don’t all eat together any more, much prefer it that way tbh, it was always too crowded too let alone the scrounging.

The mentality of people who bum food at work 😩 I can’t believe people would help themselves to home-cooked meals 😆 you’d want to lace it with laxative.

I worked with a middle-aged man who was a scav. He would get elevenses and then needed a snack in the afternoon. He brought £1 in a day usually for soup out of the canteen, then moan he was hungry. Sometimes he didn’t even bring the pound and had no shame asking around the office for it 🥴 including young women he didn’t speak to. He was forever bumming porridge, crisp, snacks, gum etc. Whenever he heard a rustle from your drawer he was staring. He owned two houses 🙄

My current workplace has none of those types. People regularly buy each other McDonald’s/Starbucks then someone else gets it next time.

My current workplace has none of those types. People regularly buy each other McDonald’s/Starbucks then someone else gets it next time.
We are like this too. There is only 2 of us, so neither of us take the piss. We both regularly bring in cookies etc and buy lunch. Saying that, I really hope my colleague feels the same and doesn't now pop up on here saying "I work with a right porker who eats everything and anything" :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Crikey!!!! Her name wasn't Joanne was it? Because boy, do I have a media article or seven to link for you if it was ... this woman came to NZ, committed fraud on a huge scale, then hotfooted it back to the UK. NZ is a small place - so many people came out with nightmare stories about working with her after she'd been convicted. She was a bully through and through. She's changed her name now she's back in the UK - actually, I think she had a few aliases to begin with (always uses 'Joanne'; it's the surname she changes).

-----------------

At one place I worked years ago, we were given free fruit. The quantity delivered was always the same (one huge box), but as more and more people joined the company, the demand sometimes outstripped the supply. There was a woman working there who would take it upon herself to walk around the floor, telling people off if she saw more than one piece on their desk (never mind if they'd brought it in themselves - in some cases, she'd confiscate it). She was so utterly ineffective at doing her own work, she'd look for distractions, and this was her pet cause. Nobody would tell her to bugger off as they were scared of her.
No not Joanne or she wasn’t back then x

-----------------

No not Joanne or she wasn’t back then x

People who think they're above all laws.

I'm doing "PMO" work on this project and had to grant access to an internal system to bunch of people we're auditing for them to upload their documents. I manage the folders on there and created the folders in the specific way requested by the project lead. Some random director who is meant to upload documents, pinged me and said he wanted "extra-entitlements" to create folders move some things around. I told him the entitlements he was granted are specific and do not allow for folder creation. I manage the folders, so I told him to give me the names of the folders he wants to create and I'll handle. He said he doesn't want to waste time with additional steps as he wants to get it done today and would prefer to create those himself to avoid any mess. Then, he proceeded to say: "Anyway, just give me the extra-entitlements already".

Excuse me? I have a junior title, but I'm quite experienced. You do not talk to me like that. I then emailed him and said he has two options: he either gives me the names of the folders he wants to create and I'll do it for him. Or, I escalate to have an exceptional approval to extend his entitlements (which won't be approved as it's against procedure), but it might take an even longer time. I cc'ed the project lead in the email (also a director). Suddenly it calmed him down and said there was confusion. No confusion there buddy, you spoke to me like I was beneath you. "Anyway, just give me the extra-entitlements" - screams entitled prick to me!

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.