Annoying Corporate Jargon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
worse than this is when people just write KR instead of kind regards, how diffiult is it to type 2 words in a work email?!
It always predicts it and autofills it when I start typing anyway.

Reactions: 2
I'm extremely guilty of using 'as per my last email' or 'email attached for reference' as I can't stand people that claim that no one has replied to their email
Ahhh I had to do this earlier in the week. I had to attach an email “for reference” My team were asked for our “suggestions” on an upcoming restructure. I had already provided my ideas on team changes/process improvements earlier in Jan, by email as requested. I’ve heard f*ck all back. Then got an email to the full team basically saying they were surprised no one had any ideas/were interested etc. I replied all and attached the email from Jan staying “sent to X,Y and X on **th January, no response received to date”

I was cringing out my arse having to do it but I was pissed off. Making out like no one is bothered and send a snidey email round.

Ahh!

Reactions: 5
Something that seems to have taken over at my workplace is who is “driving” on teams. Ie “shall I drive or will you?” Nobody is driving, you’re on a ducking laptop!

I am however guilty of a passive aggressive regards, “as per my previous email”. It’s a lot more acceptable than “learn to bleeping read”

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hahah I love this thread, me and my colleague are always talking about the corporate jargon we hate at work:

apples for apples
*system* isn’t very intuitive 🙄🙄
Let’s catch up
A ‘Jacobs join’ when it’s someone birthday / leaving day, this one particularly makes me cringe

There’s so many more that I can’t think of 😂

Reactions: 1
'thanks for the heads up'
'just keeping you in the loop'
'hope this email finds you well'

• Sick
Reactions: 6
'thanks for the heads up'
'just keeping you in the loop'
'hope this email finds you well'
This one really drives me up the wall. It's as if an email has travelled hundreds of miles by foot, entered your home, found you asleep in bed, and wants to know how you are with a nice cup of tea and a chocolate hobnob :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
When someone marks and email 'high importance' or 'urgent'. No sunshine. I have a 'to do list' and it will be me who decides, based on my workload, how far up or down on that list your request will sit.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
What context is straw man used in ? Have t heard that one thank duck .

Mine are :
Person centered approach
What does that look like Malone? - in response to an idea I may have
Nice pivot ! duck OFF
Bring it home !
What’s the ask here - Wanker
Deep dive .

👺

"Just checking we are singing from the same hymn sheet" is what I see or hear at least once a day 🤢

"Just checking we are singing from the same hymn sheet" is what I see or hear at least once a day 🤢
When it comes to the manager, the crawlers are singing 'Oh Come Let Us Adore Him,' without any irony, while others are singing, 'Stand up, Stand up for Jesus,' with heavy sarcasm, whenever he enters the room.

• Haha
When someone marks and email 'high importance' or 'urgent'. No sunshine. I have a 'to do list' and it will be me who decides, based on my workload, how far up or down on that list your request will sit.
Straight to the bottom 😂

• Haha
I had an old manager that would always talk about "elevating" a topic or discussion point during a meeting. Just say you have something you'd like to bring up, it ain't that deep 😂 She also liked to call plans "fully baked" or "half-baked" all the time. Took me a solid week when she first joined the team to figure out what the hell that even meant.

It also took reading this thread to realize how often I start sentences with "I guess." Oops 🤐 #JustAmericanThings

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Already said this before but

'reached/reaching out'
WHY - it really bugs me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Already said this before but

'reached/reaching out'
WHY - it really bugs me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just makes me want to sing, “I’lllllll be therrrrrre” 😂

I had a “hope this email finds you well” this evening 🙄

• Sick
Reactions: 3
"Feed the Nation"

That is the current buzzword where I work (food distribution). Our bosses have it on their email signatures as if we are the only people keeping the country alive. They even mention it at "team bonding" sessions (Zoom). "Don't forget people, we are feeding the nation. The nation needs you!"
:rolleyes:

• Haha