Annoying Corporate Jargon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure we've all heard of the classic "blue sky thinking" and "Let's touch base offline" phrases, but they're quite old and seemingly going out of fashion to be replaced with even more irritating terms such as:-

Thought shower
It's on my radar
let's peel the onion
leverage synergy
customer journey

I'm sure there's loads more out there that irritate people beyond belief. Can you bring any to the table? :LOL:

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Going forward 😬

Let's huddle (lets not 😅)

I think we need to strip it back 😩

Drill down 🤮

Knock it out of the ball park 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Another one for ‘Going forward’... I’ve used it outside work a few times now as well 🙄 the horror.

working collaboratively/dynamically

probs tons of others, making me eye roll a approx 500 times a day 😂

Reactions: 7
The term "leverage". Also when people say they "empower their employees" or some other bs. Basically it means they still have control but want to give you some responsibility so if you get it wrong they can blame it on you.

Reactions: 7
I'll put a placeholder in your diary......shut it arseholes just call it a meeting invite 🖕

A strawman wtaf

Bang for your buck 🙄

Pre-Covid not corporate jargon as such but honestly if I hear that one more time

Reactions: 5
What sector do you all work in? We never use any of the above 🤣 I’m in senior management in the private sector that has a global client base, we have a casual workplace

What sector do you all work in? We never use any of the above 🤣 I’m in senior management in the private sector that has a global client base, we have a casual workplace
I work in IT and hear certain buzzwords in meetings with other IT and finance bods

Latest ones include digital transformation, big data and blockchain :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I've never heard 'touching base ' said in my workplace, but I hear it said when using other companies . I've noticed a funeral director and estate agent use it . It's normally when there's no new communication to be had but they aren't ignoring you .

Seen on recent job adverts:
We are seeking an emotionally intelligent candidate
We are a forward-thinking organisation (not going to admit to being a backward-thinking one are they?)

Reach out to/Touch base with 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Secret squirrel, and calling people ‘resource’. Doing anything with a matrix and huddling. Also when someone’s clearly done an entry-level Lean/Six-Sigma course and they start applying the jargon to the wrong things entirely.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Have a new sales team who love talking about scheduling pointless meetings with us.

"I'll be dipping into everyone's calendar"
"throw something into the cal"

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Omg I love this thread. I’m always telling my boyfriend about the stupid things my colleagues say hahaha

the ones I hate the most are:

‘let’s chew the fat’ (always makes me feel sick)
‘Fitting a square peg into a round hole’
‘Ringfence’
‘Draw up a straw man’

I’m sure there are so many more, I can probably comment each workday evening with a new update 😂

Secret squirrel, and calling people ‘resource’. Doing anything with a matrix and huddling. Also when someone’s clearly done an entry-level Lean/Six-Sigma course and they start applying the jargon to the wrong things entirely.
someone on my team always calls people out when they call people ‘resources’ and rightly so. He’s like ‘when you say resource do you mean humans? Like, people?’ 😂👍

Reactions: 4
I suppose 'exciting vacancy' can come under the head of corporate jargon. It makes a job advert sound so appealing, doesn't it? Then you see it's for a warehouse, call centre or data entry clerk!

• Haha
Reactions: 2