Annoying Corporate Jargon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was reading an article about the sad status of children's services in the UK and the phrase "we're down to the brass tacks" was used a couple of time. Googling has not helped so what on earth does this mean, please, if anyone knows? I've come across plenty of confusing jargon in my time but this is the biggest headscratcher so far!

Reactions: 1
Was reading an article about the sad status of children's services in the UK and the phrase "we're down to the brass tacks" was used a couple of time. Googling has not helped so what on earth does this mean, please, if anyone knows? I've come across plenty of confusing jargon in my time but this is the biggest headscratcher so far!
Getting to the most important part of an issue https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/get down to brass tacks

And holy Batman, I never realized my mother talked to me like a tiny colleague. Wtffff.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
"Hey team" as an email opener ... actually anything with "team" in it
"Let's do this" :sick:
"Go [insert person's name]!!!!" when they announce something

• Sick
Reactions: 4
"Hey team" as an email opener ... actually anything with "team" in it
"Let's do this" :sick:
"Go [insert person's name]!!!!" when they announce something
I get alot of 'team' emails 🤣

I hate 'i trust you are well' or 'i trust you have received this email' nope, sorry bye 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
As a uni student there are no phrases I hate more than 'employability' and 'skillset'. Nobody can ever explain what they mean either.

Other hated phrases include 'I hope you are well?' with the question mark on the end - a) it's not a question so the question mark is unnecessary and b) it implies I have to answer you, which is not what anyone does.

In my dad's job pre-Covid he was asked to work from home once a week in a move called 'agile working', which really tickles me as they were only 'agile' to save money!

Round robin emails addressing everyone as 'Guys' as in... 'guys, it's come to my attention blah blah'

If you're American fine but if you're not then using 'guys' makes you sound like a Grade A twit.

During the peak of the pandemic when people would end emails with “stay safe”. Please duck off I'm working from home in my pyjamas

• Haha
Reactions: 10