Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sosig

Chatty Member
This isn’t jargon but using “per my last e-mail” instead of “bitch can you read” makes my day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

under the ivy

VIP Member
Not so much jargon but since Covid I’ve got emails starting with ‘I hope you are staying positive and testing negative’

Makes my teeth itch 😬

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14

WalterMittyfan

I was once sent an invite for a ”brown bag lunch” - I genuinely had no idea what this was and had to google it. It’s an Americanism for bring your own lunch to the meeting. I said I’d be using the brown bag to throw up into after hearing all the BS 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Seen on recent job adverts:
We are seeking an emotionally intelligent candidate
We are a forward-thinking organisation (not going to admit to being a backward-thinking one are they?)

Reach out to/Touch base with 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12

Bellaboo83

VIP Member
Going forward 😬

Let's huddle (lets not 😅)

I think we need to strip it back 😩

Drill down 🤮

Knock it out of the ball park 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick

Annie101

Just a FYI. The company i am working is having an annual strategy meeting at a nice venue on Friday. I made a comprehensive list of everything written on this thread, and handed it to 3 of my fellow senior managers. We have a competition going between the four of us, the one who uses the most of the phrases mentioned will win a prize. I hope i can sit with a straight face during the day, but very excited as this will just make my day!

• Haha
  • Heart

TJ90

VIP Member
Okay it’s not corporate jargon but I had a Teams meeting yesterday with someone from another department and she was smoking in the meeting, granted we work from home but I think that’s so unprofessional.

• Wow

Suzyfickle

I saw an internal job yesterday ad saying experience in particular software would be "the icing on the cake, but we are happy to take a sponge and decorate it ourselves"

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11

rlouisep9

VIP Member
For some reason 'by close of play' has always grated on me, just say by the end of the day or a time?

• Heart
Reactions: 10

nbt

VIP Member
This thread is so funny.

I also love “Regards” with no best or kind in front of it, to show you’re absolutely fucking fuming with someone 😂

That’ll teach them.

• Haha

jarv

VIP Member
The word roadmap is becoming used more and more where I work. "We need a roadmap for this admin task that we do year on year" piss off with your road maps! I don't want nothing to do with the A-Z

• Sick

Laur91

VIP Member
Another one from my call as of two minutes ago:

‘have you got the bandwidth to pick this up?’

• Haha
  • Sick

Ninetiesbitxh

During the peak of the pandemic when people would end emails with “stay safe”. Please fuck off I'm working from home in my pyjamas

• Haha