Anna Archer “Fitness”

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's in recovery. She's eating to honor her extreme hunger (mental and physical). Despite your opinion, it's actually healthy for her in order to properly repair her relationship with food. It means not restricting herself from foods, whether that means eating something you label as "unhealthy." I believe it's good when she eats ice cream in the morning (or if she just eats it in general) if that's what her body is telling her to do. She's challenging her orthorexia and she's eating more so that her body can recover its natural functions.

As for anyone reading this that has struggled with restriction, once you start recovery, you will have to eat more and you will have to eat what you're craving. And, there is no such thing as a "bad" food. "Bad" implies immorality and why would food be immoral? Food is both for nourishment and enjoyment and you should not feel guilty about eating or what you're eating. Eating more and eating whatever you'd like in recovery is not binging, it's simply r e c o v e r y and you're doing what you need to do. Please don't ignore your mental hunger.
I totally understand your point. I think I phrased mine badly. I am in recovery from BED myself and agree with most of what you said. It was early, I was irate and I hadn’t had a coffee yet 😂

What I kind of meant was that you can hardly say she’s in recovery.. she’s got straight off the plane and gone to the gym, she’s tracking and she’s constantly food-focused, and she is constantly flip flopping between different ways of eating and preaching different advice. The girl needs to keep quiet until she has a clear message and some useful recovery advice to promote rather than her damaging tips and half arsed approach to recovering that i can already see ending in relapse - well, already is affecting her from what she said about Ibiza.

Reactions: 11
She's in recovery. She's eating to honor her extreme hunger (mental and physical). Despite your opinion, it's actually healthy for her in order to properly repair her relationship with food. It means not restricting herself from foods, whether that means eating something you label as "unhealthy." I believe it's good when she eats ice cream in the morning (or if she just eats it in general) if that's what her body is telling her to do. She's challenging her orthorexia and she's eating more so that her body can recover its natural functions.

As for anyone reading this that has struggled with restriction, once you start recovery, you will have to eat more and you will have to eat what you're craving. And, there is no such thing as a "bad" food. "Bad" implies immorality and why would food be immoral? Food is both for nourishment and enjoyment and you should not feel guilty about eating or what you're eating. Eating more and eating whatever you'd like in recovery is not binging, it's simply r e c o v e r y and you're doing what you need to do. Please don't ignore your mental hunger.
my problem is that she used to always post herself eating ‘bad foods’ almost to prove that she wasn’t unhealthy but has since come out and said that was bingeing and purging lol

Reactions: 7
my problem is that she used to always post herself eating ‘bad foods’ almost to prove that she wasn’t unhealthy but has since come out and said that was bingeing and purging lol
Okay yup! Agreed. I understand recovery isn't supposed to be linear/perfect, but Anna should be honest with her followers if she's gonna document her journey. She shouldn't be so defensive when people voice VALID concerns (about her restrictive eating habits and excessive exercise). She should address these things as they're happening (i.e. "I wanna be honest with you guys and let you know I'm struggling with ___ but I'm gonna work through it by __"). Like, Anna just posted about herself going on a run to feel more productive... And her going straight to working out after arriving on vacation...

It's just so awful when she says she's recovering but continues certain ED behaviors, which make other people feel like it's okay to do in their recovery journeys as well... I hate that she lies to her audience and frames overexercising and her restrictive eating as good recovery habits when she knows it's not (as she comes out telling the truth weeks later). It'd be much better if she told the truth or just not said or post anything at all.

Reactions: 9
Okay yup! Agreed. I understand recovery isn't supposed to be linear/perfect, but Anna should be honest with her followers if she's gonna document her journey. She shouldn't be so defensive when people voice VALID concerns (about her restrictive eating habits and excessive exercise). She should address these things as they're happening (i.e. "I wanna be honest with you guys and let you know I'm struggling with ___ but I'm gonna work through it by __"). Like, Anna just posted about herself going on a run to feel more productive... And her going straight to working out after arriving on vacation...

It's just so awful when she says she's recovering but continues certain ED behaviors, which make other people feel like it's okay to do in their recovery journeys as well... I hate that she lies to her audience and frames overexercising and her restrictive eating as good recovery habits when she knows it's not (as she comes out telling the truth weeks later). It'd be much better if she told the truth or just not said or post anything at all.
I completely agree! It’s so toxic and she thinks she’s covering her ass from all responsibility of accountability by coming out about it weeks later. It’s a constant cycle of this with her. She acts like she’s got everything figured out, gives advice and acts like she’s recovered completely then mentions the real truth much later. Honestly such a money and praise motivated girl.

Reactions: 8
o

when did she say she makes fun of other girls?
it was in a youtube video that she’s now deleted but it was one of her ones about “how to be happy” like changing your mindset etc.
can’t remember exactly what she said but found this was what i posted about it lol i think she said in her old mindset she would pick apart girls she saw but in her “new mindset” she was trying not to be so judgemental i think ????
c
83559736-8C6A-4A7F-819E-2FCAD74C7783.png

Reactions: 1
4D1D0C79-54A9-42FA-ABFD-FBD2706E781B.png

oh god 😩😩

she then says ‘i wanna train properly’ aren’t you a PT with a fitness account and a gymshark sponsorship? shouldn’t you know what you’re doing?! 😭

Reactions: 10
she then says ‘i wanna train properly’ aren’t you a PT with a fitness account and a gymshark sponsorship? shouldn’t you know what you’re doing?! 😭
She says she needs a trainer for support. Girl, you don't need a fitness trainer. You need a therapist, a psychologist, a nutritionist, a dietician for the ACTUAL help and support.

Reactions: 14
View attachment 726031
oh god 😩😩

This is actually hysterical… she best be dropped, and ASAP

Off the back of that “I need a proper coach/I want to lift properly” thing which is totally laughable… She’s posted a Tiktok of a full body kettlebell routine… literally just a few clips of her and some girl doing random movements, no reps/sets, rounds, structure… HOW is she a Gymshark “athlete” she’s got sweet FA to offer anyone other than disordered eating habits and an effed up mentality!!

• Angry
Reactions: 10
She needs to change her brand. She should just be a fashion or style influencer, she isn't qualified to give advice on anything that deals with health (mental, physical, emotional, social).

is it just me but at the start of her account( last sept-dec ish) she actually seemed knowledgable and somewhat intelligent?now all she does is make quirky faces in the camera

Reactions: 6
is it just me but at the start of her account( last sept-dec ish) she actually seemed knowledgable and somewhat intelligent?now all she does is make quirky faces in the camera
YES!!!! she was doing her training course and seemed to know about nutrition…the bowls of food she was making was actually encouraging me to eat better coz it like gave me ideas coz salad gets boring with just lettuce and cucumber (i have no experience of restricting or ED and so i didnt see any signs altho tbh I was just watching for what she had in her salads rather than looking at the whole picture)
Now it feels like everything is short lived and for content. Her chronic pain doesnt seem to have lasted long, was that actually ortho…..whats the name…thin bones basically which happen with old age but sometimes poor nutrition? I had a vitamin D and calcium deficiency after pregnancy and my bones became weak and brittle and in investigating they were looking at arthritis.
I feel like she had goals and now shes a bit lost just promoting gym shark and misfit bars

TW: I do mention calorie counts below

I mean. I did find her content kind of helpful before because her bowls did have fats/grains/protein but they were routinely 200-300 calories (just not enough for a meal). Yes, she was promoting eating them like 4/5 times a day but that at most equates 1500 calories and from what I remember, her nourish bowls always fell under that 300 cal mark.

This was how I first found Anna (through her WIEIAD and her abs TikToks). So, I started eating nourish bowls for lunch/dinner (so just twice a day) as well which consisted of half a small avocado, a small sweet potato, handful of kale/spinach (sometimes carrots/broccoli). Anyway, it just wasn't enough and was a way for me to restrict whilst thinking it was healthy.

Reactions: 1
I'm kinda turned off by her story. She shows a clip of her teaching her younger cousin workouts that she didn't know how to do properly like two weeks ago... And she said "TeachThemYoung" like what? Her cousin should focus on other things besides the gym at that age (unless it's just a hobby and not a mechanism/method for weight loss). Because she's still growing and likely not done through puberty, thus no reason for weight loss.

• Sad
The only thing Anna will teach her cousin is how to become unhealthily obsessed with exercise and develop an ED. I pray for the young girl

Anna is so narcissistic, I can't. She posted one of the response boxes on her story asking people what they are struggling with. And instead of offering help or sympathy to those who responded, she starts talking about how she's going through some things right now and that she doesn't know what to say to them. Like, what's the point of even asking people how they're doing when you don't care and don't have any advice?

She really just used that as an opportunity to talk about herself and so now people are dming her and giving them THEIR sympathy when it should be the other way around. It's so invalidating for her to ask people to open up about their struggles to her only for her to shoot them down by saying how so many people are struggling right now (making them feel like their problems are insignificant), that she doesn't know what to say to them (gee, that's so helpful of you, Anna)...

• Heart
Anna is so narcissistic, I can't. She posted one of the response boxes on her story asking people what they are struggling with. And instead of offering help or sympathy to those who responded, she starts talking about how she's going through some things right now and that she doesn't know what to say to them. Like, what's the point of even asking people how they're doing when you don't care and don't have any advice?

She really just used that as an opportunity to talk about herself and so now people are dming her and giving them THEIR sympathy when it should be the other way around. It's so invalidating for her to ask people to open up about their struggles to her only for her to shoot them down by saying how so many people are struggling right now (making them feel like their problems are insignificant), that she doesn't know what to say to them (gee, that's so helpful of you, Anna)...
Sometimes I have to remind myself she's 19 and it truly shows.

Reactions: 7
She went to a bbq and had a burger with nothing, no bun, no toppings, no condiments. It's so obvious what she's doing, I hate the fact that she's tricking vulnerable people into thinking this is proper recovery smh

Reactions: 8
She called her ex out for putting her on a 1200 calorie diet, but she won't take accountability for telling hundreds of thousands of people to do the same thing. This girl desperately needs a brain

• Wow
Reactions: 14