An.activity.a.day

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To help them fall asleep to?
I remember a while back she said she used to lay Rosie down and jingle a toy by her feet to encourage her to look down and then she'd close her eyes and go to sleep? What sort of wizardry is that?!

Not proper reading though.
Reading is a skill which takes a long time to master. This is just good memory. Reading isn't just looking at letters. Its understanding the meaning of the letters and being able to form them into words.

Yes I'm sure this will set her up for school and give her an advantage over her peers but I wouldn't want my child to be so advanced they were bored or were miles ahead of the curriculum and teachers possibly struggling to teach them

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I remember a while back she said she used to lay Rosie down and jingle a toy by her feet to encourage her to look down and then she'd close her eyes and go to sleep? What sort of wizardry is that?!

Not proper reading though.
Reading is a skill which takes a long time to master. This is just good memory. Reading isn't just looking at letters. Its understanding the meaning of the letters and being able to form them into words.

Yes I'm sure this will set her up for school and give her an advantage over her peers but I wouldn't want my child to be so advanced they were bored or were miles ahead of the curriculum and teachers possibly struggling to teach them
exactly this. Her already socially awkward and shy child is going to then be bored shitless at school and how long will the no tv thing continue? Because she will have no idea what anyone is talking about.

a horrible part of me felt smug after her preaching about the dangers of the bouncers only to have her own child have issues with her legs.

Reactions: 4
that is one of the maddest things I’ve heard someone do to encourage sleep 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
exactly this. Her already socially awkward and shy child is going to then be bored shitless at school and how long will the no tv thing continue? Because she will have no idea what anyone is talking about.

a horrible part of me felt smug after her preaching about the dangers of the bouncers only to have her own child have issues with her legs.
This is all she ever seems to do - preach! I’ve just looked at her 0-3month highlight. Apparently R imitated her first word at 7 weeks old because Emma was TALKING to R!

I can’t help but feel Emma see’s R as a bit of a project. She is desperate for R to be achieving each milestone and is working relentlessly with her so she can tick that box on the next developmental step. I wonder how both Emma and R will react as R gets older and becomes more independent and self aware. Will she always be happy to comply or start to rebel…

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m seeing a lot of encouragement to write but not much in the way of finger strengthening activities, which most people focus on before forcing the pen in to a child’s hand.
Also saw on her q&a that she’d actually only been teaching less than 3 years when she had Rosie. So not like she has a wealth of educational experience behind her. At that stage where I am you are still completing the professional development needed to exit the newly qualified status

Reactions: 8
I’m seeing a lot of encouragement to write but not much in the way of finger strengthening activities, which most people focus on before forcing the pen in to a child’s hand.
Also saw on her q&a that she’d actually only been teaching less than 3 years when she had Rosie. So not like she has a wealth of educational experience behind her. At that stage where I am you are still completing the professional development needed to exit the newly qualified status
I saw that too! I was so shocked!

I gather she bad upbringing so may struggle socially because of that. But then surely you'd think she'd do the best to make sure that her child doesn't grow up with the insecurities that she had/has. Yes R might be smart and ticking boxes "intellectually" but that isn't the only target in life.

I'll be very interested to see what happens to both of them once R grows up and starts being her own person.

Reactions: 1
Predicting Rosie getting all star exam results and then deciding not to go to uni and instead goes to work as an 18-30 rep in Magaluf to Emma’s devastation.

• Haha
I must admit, a recent story she posted of a Christmas tree drawn on a box with holes for the baubles was a hit with Little Daffy.

I missed her Santa story but remember someone saying Rosie had a cheap plastic (or similar) toy that she loved.
Not seen it since

Reactions: 2
Isn’t it funny how every single thing she links is an aff link

Oh and you always have to click on it to see what it is!

Reactions: 5
Isn’t it funny how every single thing she links is an aff link

Oh and you always have to click on it to see what it is!
Annoys me with every influencer this I’d rather never find out where it’s from than click on their links and delete my cookies and cache.

I read even if you don’t buy that item anything you buy off that website for 30 days they get money back for promo I don’t know if that’s right?
Like if it was a product on Amazon but I went off that page and bought something else off Amazon the next day she’d still get money from me buying off the site as if she’s ‘promoted’ it to me?

• Wow
Annoys me with every influencer this I’d rather never find out where it’s from than click on their links and delete my cookies and cache.

I read even if you don’t buy that item anything you buy off that website for 30 days they get money back for promo I don’t know if that’s right?
Like if it was a product on Amazon but I went off that page and bought something else off Amazon the next day she’d still get money from me buying off the site as if she’s ‘promoted’ it to me?
I think so 🙃

As if she got a Rubix cube for her Christmas Eve box 🤣 i am not sure what the target age for them is, but I am pretty confident it isn’t 2 years old…

• Haha
As if she got a Rubix cube for her Christmas Eve box 🤣 i am not sure what the target age for them is, but I am pretty confident it isn’t 2 years old…
Well she's so advanced she will probably complete it by boxing day #yawn

Typical Emma though..

I have some friends who are early years teachers and they really don't like other teacher parents. They say they are usually quite challenging at parents evenings, questioning the curriculum and stating their child should be at a certain level

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I feel so uncomfortable with her sharing photos all over her stories of R looking so ill, she doesn't consent to any of this, it's so unnecessary and exploitative.

Very true. She’s quite the over sharer.
And even that story still seemed like a humble brag that her 2 year old could speak like that

I feel so uncomfortable with her sharing photos all over her stories of R looking so ill, she doesn't consent to any of this, it's so unnecessary and exploitative.
Agreed.

If she wanted to share that Rosie is unwell maybe just say that without the poor love being her content. I most certainly wouldn't want to be plastered on social media if unwell.

Did anyone follow Harriet's Mini Explorers IG page? She has Margot and Fred and she is absolutely lovely. She is a nursery manager but just shows every day life. Doesn't brag or exploit her kids. Shows cute videos of them eating some biscuits and watching TV whilst she tidies up in the morning. Its so so refreshing. She so relatable compared to Emma. Unfortunately she's taken a break from IG for a little while

Reactions: 2
Very true. She’s quite the over sharer.
And even that story still seemed like a humble brag that her 2 year old could speak like that
It made me think, as I'm sure she would be braggy about it. If R can communicate so well, how's potty training going?! I have friends with kids a similar or even younger than R and they don't speak as well but their potty training is well under way.