An.activity.a.day

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha maybe she’s a Tattler! I always think it’s a bit rich that she allows her daughter no screentime but is always on her phone filming her!
I don't know who she is and based on the reviews here, I don't think I'll look her up (I just came over from the baby thread as I had FOMO), but that's such a good point! So hypocritical 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I've got to be honest, with my eldest we did no screen time until about age 2, and then just small things, even now she isn't allowed to watch more than about 30 minutes and not every day. Plus we don't have a tablet etc so no games.
However, I don't talk or preach about it, I don't think there's a right or a wrong way, that was our choice but having had a second child he's definitely been exposed to screens already! And I'm not sweating it, kids will be fine either way.

They do also seem to spend a lot on days out which is great if you can afford it but not doable for a lot of families.

Reactions: 2
She said the laptop is broke now so they can’t watch anything 😄 and now she’s answering questions on why they don’t let R have screen time, poor kid missing out on Hey Duggee and Bluey 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I actually think it is madness she is teaching sight words to a just turned 2yo! What the actual hell?! That is just ridiculous, what need is there for a child that age to be learning sight words? Talk about a pushy parent 😬
And no doubt she’ll say it’s to foster a love of reading from an early age - bull. My kids adore reading, actually live to read, and I wasn’t forcing sight words on them at 2…

Reactions: 7
I have found my people!

She isn’t relatable at all and actually makes me feel like tit - she is so unbelievably smug and never acknowledges the reason her child is so advanced is because she’s a teacher by profession and apparently never switched off and her daughter has essentially been taught every single day. She has the patience to do it. And the time, resource and money.

why does she need to mention that her child can count to 100? It just makes parents panic and google if their 27 month old should be able to do it.

I’ve tried some of the activities and my little one has zero interest.
Seems all a little formal for me! 🙊 I’d worry if I sent my little one to school with SO many skills or knowledge that I’d end up alienating her from her peers
This too - when she goes to actual school isn’t she going to be bored shitless and then start displaying negative behaviours from her boredom?

Reactions: 8
This too - when she goes to actual school isn’t she going to be bored shitless and then start displaying negative behaviours from her boredom?
What perfect Rosie!? 😂 she may be the kind of child desperate for adult interaction/conversation as that’s what she’s used to
I feel bad as she’s poured her heart into teaching her but my god, where’s the fun! Does she ever get to shake her bottom or make fart noises with her mummy 😆

Reactions: 5
why does she need to mention that her child can count to 100? It just makes parents panic and google if their 27 month old should be able to do it.
I thought this. Also she mentioned that she's picked this up from them counting while brushing her teeth. So do they literally just count while brushing? How boring!
We have a toothbrushing song that we made up that features our children's names and makes them laugh, not just counting to 100 🙄

Reactions: 6
She’s a lovely little girl but you are right - being silly is the BEST part of being a toddler. Including laughing at farting.

• Haha
2yos do not need formal teaching like that. As you’ll all know, so many European countries don’t do formal school of children until much older than we do in the UK. So why, knowing all she knows about the education system and early years learning, does she insist on schooling a just turned 2yo? I honestly am baffled. It’s not inspirational, in my eyes it’s just showing off that she is a teacher with “fun ideas”, never mind what her toddler wants or needs.

Well hello everyone!!

So so glad this thread is here. As if by magic :)

I've followed her for a long time. My boy is nearly 2 and by my admission (biast, obviously) pretty smart.

He can sing nursery rhymes. Imagine a drunk old man and you get the idea. You wouldn't be able to understand much but it's quite tuneful and I understand it.

Sort of counts, adores books and jigsaws. Anything construction related. Can say a few sentences. 'Daddy, where are you?' then will answer himself with 'i don't know?' pretty cute all round and obviously amazing.

Screen time? Yes. Only in the last few months tho. Bloody Peppa Pig for my sins.

Is in interested in ANY of the activities she sets up that I've tried. Hard no here. He trashes them. Wanders off and drags out a jigsaw and says 'mummy make' wants to do his own thing and I'm guided by his interests. The only thing he likes from her page is tweezers and pom pom sorting.

Does he read? No. Does he know a lot of the words from the story and can he remember them? Yes.

He knows 2 letters as I have them in a pendant I wear.

Do I film him within an inch of his life? Do I duck.

Some days I go to bed and show my other half photos from the days and think damn. Took none!

What's happening here.. tangent sorry.

Emma is braggy as duck and smug. She's the sort of parent too see out correcting her husband on how to play with her sort of thing.

Oh, R can do this and that and blah bleeping blah.

And why is she now R? Her name is Rosie. She's a wonderful girl who is extremely bright but at what expense? Does Emma let he be a toddler and trash the kitchen cupboards? Or drag all the clothes out of the drawers when she's putting them away?

Eugh, she just rubs me up the wrong way!!

Hello scrunchies!!!!

I thought this. Also she mentioned that she's picked this up from them counting while brushing her teeth. So do they literally just count while brushing? How boring!
We have a toothbrushing song that we made up that features our children's names and makes them laugh, not just counting to 100 🙄
I wrap my boy on a towel like a swaddle and brush his teeth as quickly as I can lol

Reactions: 6
it’s really rare to see her act like an age appropriate toddler. There’s so much time for them to learn all the things Rosie has been doing for months. Dressing herself, making her own food, tidying up her own toys. All good habits of course but… at barely baby age?!
I thought it was interesting she has never mentioned potty training other than Rosie basically takes herself to her mat with the wipes and waits. A bit surprised she hasn’t learned to wipe her own bum and then clean the toilet for her mum yet tbh.

• Haha
it’s really rare to see her act like an age appropriate toddler. There’s so much time for them to learn all the things Rosie has been doing for months. Dressing herself, making her own food, tidying up her own toys. All good habits of course but… at barely baby age?!
I thought it was interesting she has never mentioned potty training other than Rosie basically takes herself to her mat with the wipes and waits. A bit surprised she hasn’t learned to wipe her own bum and then clean the toilet for her mum yet tbh.
Also, that age is still young to successfully potty train. I'm sure we will have some stories soon of her changing her own nappy.

I can imagine the house to be quite regimented.
10am time to learn more numbers
11am colours
12pm nap etc...

No posts or stories today. Rosie had a temperature yesterday so hope she's ok

Been offline for a few days as crazy busy at home and work.

I see Emma is still talking Rosie shopping for more new clothes. How much does a 2yo need?!

Reactions: 1
Love how Rosie picked out am actual brightly coloured tat toy from Santas grotto and it’s now her favourite - must be a nice change to have something silly and colourful rather than peg dolls etc.

Reactions: 3
I actually think it is madness she is teaching sight words to a just turned 2yo! What the actual hell?! That is just ridiculous, what need is there for a child that age to be learning sight words? Talk about a pushy parent 😬
And no doubt she’ll say it’s to foster a love of reading from an early age - bull. My kids adore reading, actually live to read, and I wasn’t forcing sight words on them at 2…
I’ve followed Emma since she had just over 1,000 followers after one of her activities was shared by Charlie from bumpandburpees. I’ve always found her strange. She is extremely patronising and comes across very entitled. She started teaching R sight words when she was 18months old after “she” showed an interest in letters at 16months. Maybe I also need to try talking to my toddler clearly and loudly! 🙄
CB49FD23-F39A-4B15-BBC4-6C9AE8824AE7.jpeg
8D691FD0-D58A-45B2-92C1-B71533A390F1.jpeg
FC8F63E0-68BA-47D5-B8F8-7219FF8AFE41.jpeg
6EF52690-DAEA-4E9E-A56A-80821B9B82E7.jpeg
1DA906BF-E02D-4EAF-9AB6-4DC02469A4B6.jpeg

Reactions: 4
I’ve followed Emma since she had just over 1,000 followers after one of her activities was shared by Charlie from bumpandburpees. I’ve always found her strange. She is extremely patronising and comes across very entitled. She started teaching R sight words when she was 18months old after “she” showed an interest in letters at 16months. Maybe I also need to try talking to my toddler clearly and loudly! 🙄View attachment 1761058View attachment 1761059View attachment 1761063View attachment 1761064View attachment 1761065
God don't you just hate it when your child learns to sign "diamond" from a nursery rhyme?
Personally since my child was 6 months old whenever we heard that song I talked clearly and loudly about what makes stars appear to twinkle and how they are absolutely categorically not little, they are huge, and reminded my child that anyone wondering what a star is must be an idiot.

• Haha
I’ve followed Emma since she had just over 1,000 followers after one of her activities was shared by Charlie from bumpandburpees. I’ve always found her strange. She is extremely patronising and comes across very entitled. She started teaching R sight words when she was 18months old after “she” showed an interest in letters at 16months. Maybe I also need to try talking to my toddler clearly and loudly! 🙄View attachment 1761058View attachment 1761059View attachment 1761063View attachment 1761064View attachment 1761065
What an insufferable wanker 🙈🙈🙈 must stop mumbling to my kids,that must be why they just all grunt like apes… but at least they know how to grunt rhombus 👍🏻

You just know she’ll be saying at every parents’ evening ever “oh yes she started reading at 16 months”. And I guarantee teachers will only ever think she is a massive idiot.

God don't you just hate it when your child learns to sign "diamond" from a nursery rhyme?
Personally since my child was 6 months old whenever we heard that song I talked clearly and loudly about what makes stars appear to twinkle and how they are absolutely categorically not little, they are huge, and reminded my child that anyone wondering what a star is must be an idiot.
Dying 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
There’s just never any acknowledgement (without smugness) that Rosie is massively advanced because mum has treated her like a pupil her entire life