Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Definitelyme

VIP Member
2yos do not need formal teaching like that. As you’ll all know, so many European countries don’t do formal school of children until much older than we do in the UK. So why, knowing all she knows about the education system and early years learning, does she insist on schooling a just turned 2yo? I honestly am baffled. It’s not inspirational, in my eyes it’s just showing off that she is a teacher with “fun ideas”, never mind what her toddler wants or needs.

Reactions: 8

Greys1324

Chatty Member
I’m so glad this thread has been made. I felt like I was an awful mum as my 18 month old loves the TV and when I’ve tried some activities from the account with her she’s hated them and just tried to kick everything over 😂

I think she comes across very preachy about screen time and how does she have so much time to be setting up 10 activities a day and so much money that she’s out all the time!

wakametango 2.0

VIP Member
I often wonder what Rosie’s play space is actually like. There are so many structured activities and bits of related kit that it feels like it must be rack after rack of storage that she can’t go exploring in.
I wonder if she’s ever had a good root in a bathroom or kitchen cupboard and played with the bin bags for 30 mins or something?!
i think mr Waka would leave me if I told him he couldn’t watch tv anymore 😂

• Haha

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I’m seeing a lot of encouragement to write but not much in the way of finger strengthening activities, which most people focus on before forcing the pen in to a child’s hand.
Also saw on her q&a that she’d actually only been teaching less than 3 years when she had Rosie. So not like she has a wealth of educational experience behind her. At that stage where I am you are still completing the professional development needed to exit the newly qualified status

stevenseagull

VIP Member
I have found my people!

She isn’t relatable at all and actually makes me feel like shit - she is so unbelievably smug and never acknowledges the reason her child is so advanced is because she’s a teacher by profession and apparently never switched off and her daughter has essentially been taught every single day. She has the patience to do it. And the time, resource and money.

why does she need to mention that her child can count to 100? It just makes parents panic and google if their 27 month old should be able to do it.

I’ve tried some of the activities and my little one has zero interest.
Seems all a little formal for me! 🙊 I’d worry if I sent my little one to school with SO many skills or knowledge that I’d end up alienating her from her peers
This too - when she goes to actual school isn’t she going to be bored shitless and then start displaying negative behaviours from her boredom?

I’ve followed Emma since she had just over 1,000 followers after one of her activities was shared by Charlie from bumpandburpees. I’ve always found her strange. She is extremely patronising and comes across very entitled. She started teaching R sight words when she was 18months old after “she” showed an interest in letters at 16months. Maybe I also need to try talking to my toddler clearly and loudly! 🙄View attachment 1761058View attachment 1761059View attachment 1761063View attachment 1761064View attachment 1761065
God don't you just hate it when your child learns to sign "diamond" from a nursery rhyme?
Personally since my child was 6 months old whenever we heard that song I talked clearly and loudly about what makes stars appear to twinkle and how they are absolutely categorically not little, they are huge, and reminded my child that anyone wondering what a star is must be an idiot.

• Haha

stevenseagull

VIP Member
I’m sure we will get a preachy post at one point how R actually fully potty trained within ten minutes and actually amazoned in her own potty and loo roll

• Haha
Reactions: 7
exactly this. Her already socially awkward and shy child is going to then be bored shitless at school and how long will the no tv thing continue? Because she will have no idea what anyone is talking about.

a horrible part of me felt smug after her preaching about the dangers of the bouncers only to have her own child have issues with her legs.
This is all she ever seems to do - preach! I’ve just looked at her 0-3month highlight. Apparently R imitated her first word at 7 weeks old because Emma was TALKING to R!

I can’t help but feel Emma see’s R as a bit of a project. She is desperate for R to be achieving each milestone and is working relentlessly with her so she can tick that box on the next developmental step. I wonder how both Emma and R will react as R gets older and becomes more independent and self aware. Will she always be happy to comply or start to rebel…

• Haha

Definitelyme

VIP Member
She doesn’t allow her to watch anything at all! (Also the fact I’m only just finding this out about you suggests that you don’t brag about it like she does 😜😜)
People think we are really odd, so I rarely mention it, and generally people do see it as a humble brag kinda thing, which it absolutely never is!

You’re actually superwoman 😂 you have 4 to entertain! I can barely manage to entertain one
Ah but see the 4 entertain each other, one is harder work. You need more kids 🤣

• Haha

Greys1324

Chatty Member
Do you think she reads here, she’s mentioned that they watch TV on a laptop in the evening 😂😂😂😂😂
Haha maybe she’s a Tattler! I always think it’s a bit rich that she allows her daughter no screentime but is always on her phone filming her!

• Haha

mg89

Chatty Member
Her approach is the complete opposite of what early years teaching is about. You're meant to deepen their knowledge within the areas, not just keep extending upwards to things that you'd be asking year 1 children to do. R will not have any thorough understanding of anything she's learnt due to her mums approach.

Some of the things she does are considered awful practice in eyfs as well and how inexperienced she is tbh.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Ok I gotta fess up here - we don’t have a TV either and our kids get no screen time at home. They watch stuff at my parents once a week and that’s it. But we got rid of our TV as we never watched it (we just watch our iPads in the evenings)
She doesn’t allow her to watch anything at all! (Also the fact I’m only just finding this out about you suggests that you don’t brag about it like she does 😜😜)

• Haha

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I’ve followed Emma since she had just over 1,000 followers after one of her activities was shared by Charlie from bumpandburpees. I’ve always found her strange. She is extremely patronising and comes across very entitled. She started teaching R sight words when she was 18months old after “she” showed an interest in letters at 16months. Maybe I also need to try talking to my toddler clearly and loudly! 🙄View attachment 1761058View attachment 1761059View attachment 1761063View attachment 1761064View attachment 1761065
What an insufferable wanker 🙈🙈🙈 must stop mumbling to my kids,that must be why they just all grunt like apes… but at least they know how to grunt rhombus 👍🏻

You just know she’ll be saying at every parents’ evening ever “oh yes she started reading at 16 months”. And I guarantee teachers will only ever think she is a massive idiot.

God don't you just hate it when your child learns to sign "diamond" from a nursery rhyme?
Personally since my child was 6 months old whenever we heard that song I talked clearly and loudly about what makes stars appear to twinkle and how they are absolutely categorically not little, they are huge, and reminded my child that anyone wondering what a star is must be an idiot.
Dying 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I actually think it is madness she is teaching sight words to a just turned 2yo! What the actual hell?! That is just ridiculous, what need is there for a child that age to be learning sight words? Talk about a pushy parent 😬
And no doubt she’ll say it’s to foster a love of reading from an early age - bull. My kids adore reading, actually live to read, and I wasn’t forcing sight words on them at 2…

daffydaffyp

I don’t understand how big their house is for her to have enough room to rotate toys and store them when they aren’t in use. Like a full play kitchen put away, where?
I think I remember her saying they have lots of storage boxes everywhere. In cupboards, sunder beds etc. I always thought she was in a ground floor flat or the bottom of a maisonette? If she is in a house then probably has adequate loft storage.

I bet she’s in the high chair and cot so she doesn’t have a chance to muck about - she seems like she would be really quite strict.
I find it so much easier with my little boy in his highchair with the tray off but against the table. It feels likes he's more included as he's at the table, not just plonked on the end.

Wonder if she'll now start taking off the tray and say she's got a bed now at Xmas.

There is another website similar to here (don't think I'm allowed to share the link) that has a thread which she is discussed in amongst other accounts. Someone recently posted that they messaged Emma asking if she knew about tattle etc and she blocked them!

Hi Emma :)

• Haha

wakametango 2.0

VIP Member
I’ve tried some of the activities and my little one has zero interest.
Seems all a little formal for me! 🙊 I’d worry if I sent my little one to school with SO many skills or knowledge that I’d end up alienating her from her peers

Reactions: 6