Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
Saw a pic of that waster Blake in Leeds drinking a can of stella on the sidewalk. He will never stop being a classy act will he? God I hate him.

Reactions: 8

Foxvint

VIP Member
It might be true, but the fact that he is coming out with it now screams that he wants attention and shows him for who he is. I mean he claims he was a friend and then blabs to the media about her.

The fact that in the same interview, he continues to deny that he had a fling with Diana and they were only friends, even though his girlfriend whom he was with at the time, and Paul Burrell who used to help smuggle him in, confirmed it did happen speaks volumes.
He'd be slated if he admitted he did though wouldn't he. Accused of raking over her corpse etc. He's supposed to be a really nice fella, Tricky, of all people, has a lot of good stuff to say about him in his book. He let Amy stay rent free as long as she wanted in Mustique trying to get her clean, it seems like the only shocking/personal thing he's revealed and it's taken him 10 plus years to come out with it so I don't read it as disloyal myself.

• Heart
She was messed up way before Blake came along. When I say tight I mean she didn’t like to buy a drink 😂. She definitely knew how much money she had. She wasn’t a nasty person, but she didn’t suffer fools either.
I can't believe that she didn't want to buy a drink. 😳 I would have thought that she was buying round after round, no even realising how much she spent. I just had that impression.

I am kind of glad that she didn't allow everyone to take advantage of her. It seemed a bit like it to me and this made me sad.

Did she sometime sing when you went out (I heard that she sometimes liked to break into song)? Was she always dressed up in her usual style?

I cannot believe you knew her and spoke to her. I kind of want to shake all your memories of her out of you, haha

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
I remember my sisinlaws place where she worked had a lovely boat they used for guests presentations etc,she could get it,we picked boat up Paddington,We had wine,sarnies etc,we travelled up to Camden lock,it was packed we realised it was the day Amy had died,we just heard about it..it was packed..All along the canal.

soph30

VIP Member
The ironic thing is it was the alcohol that killed her, not the drugs :( She died of alcohol poisoning

• Sad

sheleg

VIP Member
I wish she was still around, living the life she said she wanted - having a couple of kids and still making music.

• Heart

clueless

Chatty Member
Have any of you see the trailer on IG for the biopic? It looks so tacky, I am disgusted and still shocked that it went ahead.

Tweacle

I was perplexed about her friends Juliette and Lauren not even being mentioned. Nick her first manager wasn't either. Amy's gravestone had names of her friends engraved in a marble book on her grave and they were all absent. Have they fallen out with her family because they contributed to the 'Amy' documentary? Very sad whatever the cause.
It’s really odd. Some was asked and others not. I think they wanted a nice version for the 10 year thing. Mitch will never take responsibility for what happened and Janis was always the yes person for amy. 10 years have gone so fast though.

Foxvint

VIP Member
I don't agree with what they're doing but neither do I think Mitch should be dragging it through the courts. Its a stupid waste of legal resources and its overly controlling. They haven't stolen personal bits of her property from him. It's just dregs and debris. The court of public opinion will judge them. They're a pair of desperate ghouls and so are the people buying.

H1988

Watched the film at the weekend and now re watching all the documentary’s. One thing I was wondering is Tyler says he was her ‘best friend’ in his book. He says he lived with her right till the end. Her friend Catriona also says she lived with her 24/7 right up till the end. Which is it? Who lived with her? Both of them? Also mad how the Amy doc says her best friends are Juliette and Lauren, Tyler’s book says he was her best friend and the ‘reclaiming Amy’ doc says Catriona and Naomi were her best friends. How many ‘best friends’ can one person have???

Reactions: 7

Tweacle

I agree. They're great songs, but, so sad. It's a bit like that Lewis Capaldi song that everyone loves, when it's about suicide.
I’m convinced she did her best writing when things was bad for her. She had a wall up that broke down when she was sad. Awful way to be really. Will say though that even in her worse times, she still has a kindness that came through for others. She’s very much missed.

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
I don’t think she was in the least overrated but she was also captivating and fatally car-crashy. And this way legends are born.
I was not expecting her to die at the point she did. Back when she was eight Blake it wouldn’t have surprised me at all.

soph30

VIP Member
We’re all seeing the new film right? I personally think that actress is a bit bubbly and squeaky for Amy from the trailer. She just seems quite little girly. But I guess Amy did have a vulnerability to her

Blockster

Also this week I've had alot of stories pop up on my Google feed from "friends" who spoke to her hours before she died. One interview I read was from a guy who said amy told him she wouldn't reach 28! How very convenient.
The documentary Amy from 8 years ago was the most honest look back at her life and that's where it should have ended.

This won't be the end of it though, give it a couple of years and it will be she was murdered, conspiracy theorists will come up with her being associated with someone or knowing something. Like Marilyn she'll forever be a figure of fascination and speculation.

My other half knew her quite well. I had a couple of wild nights out with her. She was lovely. Absolutely kind and loving. Tighter than anyone I’ve ever met though. And totally messed up before Blake came on the scene, he didn’t help the situation. Her dad ? I just didn’t like him, he pushed her to the max the majority of the time and was a bully. He’s spent the time since she passed trying to further himself. She’s sadly missed. She just wanted a nice man and babies, in fact I’m sure given time and with the right person, she would have been a lovely mum.
Wow, I cannot believe you knew her personally. I am so jealous.

I remember going to her pub in Camden (is it called something "Arms"?) on the day she died and my friend told me about it and it was such a sad atmosphere in the pub. So sad.

What do you mean with she was "tight"? With money? Did she even know how much she spent?

She seemed to not have an evil bone in her body, but she also seemed to be very lost and sad.

I always thought that it was Blake who messed her up and introduced her to drugs.

I love Amy, I want to buy a painting of her to hang up (I considered painting one myself, but .... not sure what this would look like)

• Heart