Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

coolcat2022

VIP Member
Whilst there is no doubt that her relationship with Blake was really toxic I blame her father for a lot of what happened. I think he is a huge part of why she was such a vulnerable, damaged, adult. I think the man is vile.
I still recall seeing Amy’s father on the news the day she died , selling her vests to fans outside and bragging about it on sky news!!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 10

Harlot O'Scara

VIP Member
Wow! Today's Sunday Mirror:

Both the selling and the buying is weird.

I can understand why something like handwritten lyrics or something signed would of interest to a collector/fan, Hell even an unworn pair of her shoes if you were interested in her fashion! But this is just macabre.

Harlot O'Scara

VIP Member
I recently had a London cabbie who was very much like Mitch. He spent the whole journey bragging about his daughter’s career, stardom, followers etc and then later on brought in another daughter to the conversation. It seems like he and his wife spend their whole lives chasing the limelight for their kids and the conversation with him was completely one sided, he didn’t want my input at all. Really reminded me of Amy’s dad
Parents who live vicariously through their children are embarrassing at best and toxic at worst.

She wasn’t lonely, she was often in a group of people. She spoke a lot about the future, she wanted a family and had a lot of hopes. You know I wasn’t shocked when she passed but others were. She seemed to be calming down. But who knows ? She really was beautiful inside and out.
Thank you so much for sharing your memories. ❤ And sorry for asking so many questions, I am just so intrigued that you met her and got to hang out with her.

hypoharpy

Can’t believe it’s been ten years 😔

I wasn’t keen on this new documentary at all. Loved seeing the previously unseen footage and photographs (what a beautiful girl she was, stunning) but that was all. Felt like a bit of a PR exercise to clear the family and I don’t think it’s done them any favours. That’s not to say I don’t feel for them, it must have been absolutely awful watching it all at that time and of course they will never get over her death. And it’s absolutely true that addicts can only help themselves. But to me it felt like they were really trying to hammer that point, insisting on how good a family they were; but in my mind there is no doubt that Amy had daddy issues, with him leaving the family home in the way he did, not spending time with her, and mum not being more firm. Children need boundaries and she was never given any nor disciplined; her mum herself said in the Asif doc that she wasn’t strong enough to stand up to her and Amy herself said her mum was too soft and she should be tougher on her. She also said herself that her dad was never there for any of those important bits like when her and her brother were acting up.

Amy didn’t organise the gigs herself or have any involvement in that side of things; so I don’t buy it that Mitch and her manager didn’t make her do them. They could have been cancelled and that would have been that. Even if she wanted to do them, they could have insisted upon her not by cancelling as looking out for her well-being. I still believe 100% that she was pressured into performing when she wasn’t well.

Didn’t get good vibes or sincerity from these other “friends”. Who were they? Naomi was her stylist and it would seem that she’s trying to make more of their relationship than it really was. Very easy to claim. Seen she has a book coming out this year on Amy’s birthday, so cashing in on her.

I really get the strong impression that Catriona was a hanger-on who is trying to claim they shared this deep and profound friendship. The only photos of them together are when Amy was at her worst and they were out on the sauce. Enjoying and encouraging the party lifestyle that was so harmful to Amy doesn’t really tally up with being so concerned about same. Amy seemed very sociable and made easy friendships with people, so just because they spent some time partying together doesn’t mean anything IMO. I don’t buy it.

Thought it was a disgrace how she said they slept together too. It was so disrespectful. And implying that Amy was mentally battling with her confusion over her sexuality and that was a factor in her downfall. The only person who could confirm or deny if they slept together is Amy and she’s not here; I call BS. The fact her parents allowed this to be included shows some desperation on their part. Even if it were true, it’s a private matter that has been disclosed without Amy’s consent, it’s so disrespectful. The last piece of her privacy disclosed, and under her parents watch. Zero benefit for Amy for this to be public knowledge, yet this girl was almost boasting about it for her own ends. She knew fine rightly that it was a scandalous revelation and is now acting all pious and faux shock that it was commented on by journos. She knew exactly what she was doing.

Honestly, none of them said anything we didn’t already know. Their saying that the Asif doc didn’t do her justice and painted her as a caricature wasn’t true at all in my view- I think that doc really did do her justice and it was very much on her side. I believe the accounts given by her true friends on there - Juliette, Lauren, Nick, Tyler. None of them had any involvement with this new doc which in my opinion is telling of its credibility.
I was perplexed about her friends Juliette and Lauren not even being mentioned. Nick her first manager wasn't either. Amy's gravestone had names of her friends engraved in a marble book on her grave and they were all absent. Have they fallen out with her family because they contributed to the 'Amy' documentary? Very sad whatever the cause.

Tweacle

What I always wondered, having lived in Camden when Amy spiralled out of control and then later died, was that nobody seemed to have stopped her.

I remember seeing the clips from her concerts when she was completely wasted (and high at the same time I assume), the photos of her wandering through SoHo lost in her bloody ballet shoes, the many articles about her drug taking.

Did she not allow anyone to help her? Did her parents not want to step in? Did she not have anyone else close to her who could have helped?
People tried. Really tried. The rehab thing was awful as Blake was there too which made it worse. Her mum and dad both pushed, but she didn’t want the help at the time. She just couldn’t see the destructive cycle she was in. Was very hard to see.

• Heart

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
I just read the entire book Tyler wrote. I used to think “if I would have known her, I could have saved her or done something to help”. I no longer think I could have done anything. It was a sad and depressing read of her and the lucozade crack pipe. Blake went to jail and she carried on and got worse and worse. I dont think she got the help she needed, but I dont know that she was willing to be helped either.
so sad all around.

• Sad

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I am looking forward to this. I think we might get more insight into the Amy that wasn't dominated by drugs.

But l also wonder if she should be left in peace. It's been 10 years since her passing.
I totally agree. I think this documentary is because it’s been 10 years. With Janis involved it will probably be more respectful, and not as “shocking” as previous documentaries. But then, like you I hope she’ll be left in peace. Her music and voice will stand the test of time.

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I think so. Janis comes across really well in any interviews and in her book but I think she was maybe a bit naive to Amy’s exploits. She was also battling ill health herself so probably put her trust, unwisely, in Mitch.
From the little I've seen of her, she seemed a rather quiet conservative type of woman (nowt wrong with that) and yes I can see how that type of person could be naive re certain things. She seemed to have zero interest in being famous or in the trappings of celebrity, unlike Mitch who seemed to bask in the limelight.

Harlot O'Scara

VIP Member
I said on the general celeb thread that I've got to wonder about STJ and the screenwriter that they whitewashed two of the the worst people in her life and completely disregarded most of those who actually had any care for her.

hypoharpy

Her friend Tyler James has a new book about her out soon,called 'My Amy'. It will be interesting to read his take on the situation because they were friends for a long time.

Reactions: 9

violet.moon

I was never a fan of Amy's until I saw her perform live. It was at Isle of Wight festival in 2007, I went for Muse and The Rolling Stones. But Amy was so much fun, and had a great voice. I know she was on drugs, and drinking too much, but aside from her being very underweight (and the tabloids, obviously), I wouldn't have known . Then I saw her live the year after, and she was a mess, forgetting lyrics, and slurring her words when she spoke.
I was upset when she died. As she was trying to get better, but sadly relapsed, and it was too much for body to take.

Sadly it’s really, really hard to stop an addict, which imo Amy was. They will only ever stop when they want to. There probably isn’t a parent alive who has lost to a child to addiction and hasn’t been wracked with guilt but it’s impossible to step in and help someone until they’re ready to be helped
Completely.

I don't even think that her parents could have done more, she was an adult after all and living by herself.

But what I find hard to deal with, in hindsight, is that there were so many photos of her in newspapers, demonstrating how derailed she was, and we all looked at them and didn't do anything. I cannot even say what could have done by "the public", but it feels extra cruel that the whole world watched her collapse in a way.

I don't think I am expressing myself very well. I think that maybe some pictures should not have been printed and that her management should have been alerted (it probably was), maybe there could have been some sort of intervention, I don't know.

• Heart
Her father was definitely the worst one for her. Bordering Britneys in my opinion if he could have.

Pushing her to pose with fans when she didn't want to because they were her money makers. Forcing her to work when her friends were begging him to get her help.

He's vile.

• Heart
  • Sad

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
We were in London at the weekend and walked past Amy's statue. Loads of people there taking photos with it. There's a gold sheen to her shoulder from so many people putting an arm around it for a picture. I actually felt immensely sad. It was almost as though, even in death, she still can't escape the cameras and everyone wanting something from her.
and the statue doesnt even look like her. the hair and dress are the only way you can really tell its her. it makes me so sad. she was so great, and this is what we are left with. bad statues, and so many sad memories

Boogs

VIP Member

The Civils sound like a complete nightmare. They attacked a football coach with car keys after he told off their son 🤯 I remember at the height of Amy and Blake
They sound very inappropriately named 😳

• Haha

Tweacle

I haven’t a clue. Whatever she saw, nobody else did. He wasn’t very nice at all.

Glaschelle

VIP Member
Watching BBC Later, it was so upsetting to see how much weight she'd lost between her first album and second

She looked liked a completely different person.

And then when they got to the New Year Show, she was skeletal.

She was such a talented person. But drink and drugs can take down anyone

• Heart